• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB's thoughts on team building

KB21

8 minutes ago, snake88usa said:

With mediocre there is never a chance, with being terrible there is always hope. I select hope.

When you are terrible, it's empty hope.  I'm fairly certain Phoenix would trade their years in the lottery to be able to make the playoffs.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Calling something what they are isn't a personal attack. I made no mention of them as a person just their posting activity. You know what he is. **************

You know we don't let people call each other that name.  If we see activity that falls under that label, feel free to flag the post and we will moderate.  If you don't see any value in the discussion, then just ignore.  Not worth it.

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:curtsey:

Seriously. @AHF got complaints about multiple threads being hijacked by ONE PERSON and had to create a new thread to keep all that garbage out of real posts.

Gee, what would any other site but this one label that behavior?

🤡 🤡 🤡

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Spurs are working on trading DeMarre Carroll. Could he be the Rockets Plan B wing? If so, can we still help them out cap wise and take Capela off their hands?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/02/03/report-spurs-working-with-demarre-carroll-on-trade/

I'd consider giving the Spurs our pick for Poeltl and Carroll.  

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'd consider giving the Spurs our pick for Poeltl and Carroll.  

No thanks. Poeltl is worth a 2nd round pick and Carroll is a pretty old vet who was signed for about the same price as Jabari Parker last season.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Seriously. @AHF got complaints about multiple threads being hijacked by ONE PERSON and had to create a new thread to keep all that garbage out of real posts.

Gee, what would any other site but this one label that behavior?

🤡 🤡 🤡

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No thanks. Poeltl is worth a 2nd round pick and Carroll is a pretty old vet who was signed for about the same price as Jabari Parker last season.

Poeltl has 3.3 WAR for the year.  That's higher than what Steven Adams has produced.  He would immediately have the 2nd highest WAR rating on our team.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Poeltl has 3.3 WAR for the year.  That's higher than what Steven Adams has produced.  He would immediately have the 2nd highest WAR rating on our team.

By that metric, Patty Mills is the best player on either the Spurs or the Hawks (other than Trae).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

That is exactly how some teams like Minnesota have ruined what could have been a good rebuilding process

If you don't have Oladipo and Sabonis to trade for Ibaka, this is the best you can do.  Don't knock it.  Poetl might be an All-Star next season and we know Carroll has been killing it this season.  How else could you get a combined 7.7 ppg for an unprotected lottery pick?

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Its post like these that keep me from taking you seriously; they are also why you don't see me reading your "thoughts on team building".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There are sure some soft people on this board.  If you say anything that even remotely resembles something they don't want to hear about this team, they go cry to mommy to get their tears dabbed off.  

You have legitimately diverted threads from their topics.  (Almost) nobody looking to stop you from posting.  Focus has been on letting people dialogue about the OP's topic rather than going down the rabbit hole of whether building through the draft is smart or not.  And you know that since we had to create a separate thread for that due to the same issue in the past.  We can all continue that discussion here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1