• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What friggin scumbags.   They did not qualify, never should have been given the money but never should have applied to begin with.   This money just did not get to the places it needed to be.  I hope someone is checking that these corporations are really "giving the money back"

"As soon as we got caught we decided to give it back"  asshats.

They did qualify.  They just needed to have less than 500 employees to qualify as a small business. The loans says nothing about profitability or revenues. 

The Lakers didn't even have to give it back.  The government didn't consider how many companies would qualify for the loan.  Probably should have put in a few more safe guards. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Is New Zealand 🇳🇿 Corona free? 😳 

What’s the 411 ☀️ 

Small number of cases. Complete 2 week lockdown initially.

It was among the earliest and toughest self-isolation measures in the world, which, a week later, would lead to a complete lockdown.

"We're going hard and we're going early," Ms Ardern told the public. "We only have 102 cases, but so did Italy once."

During the next two weeks of lockdown, New Zealand saw a steady decline in the number of new cases. To date, it has had 12 deaths, and has confirmed that on average each infected person is passing the virus to fewer than one other person.

For a pandemic response to be effective, he says, "science and leadership have to go together".

In New Zealand, that scientific insight has come through Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield, who has stood alongside Ms Ardern at her daily press conferences.

"From the outset he has carefully and calmly communicated many complex health issues around Covid-19 paving the way for government decisions," says Sarah Robson, a senior journalist at Radio New Zealand.

"Because he had clearly communicated the trajectory we were on in terms of the increase in the number of cases, when Jacinda Ardern said we were going into lockdown, people understood why."

Shaun Hendy, professor at the Faculty of Science at Auckland University, says this strong working relationship with the science community has put New Zealand at an advantage compared with countries which "have had difficult relationships with their science community in recent times".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-52344299

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good news on potential treatment.  Remdesivir reduced recovery time from 15 to 11 days.  Lower fatality rate as well, although this was not statistically significant for the group measured.  Peer review is kicking off on these study results.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-fauci-tout-good-news-remdesivir-drug-trial-172700311.html

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

We sadly passed 60,000 lost Americans yesterday with over 2000 deaths pushing us to nearly 62,000.  :sad:

I know.  maybe you can make the case that the curve on fatalties has flattened some.  I'm ready to see it go down.   This is tragic. 

People want to reopen, I had a thought as to how..

Class A: Young and healthy.  Tested and Covid free.

Class B: Elderly, immunocompromised. Tested and Covid Free.

Class C.: Covid positive, untested, voluntary quarantine.

6AM to 1PM Class B Market.  Only Class B workers and consumers for non-essential endeavours allowed.  Why?  These people have been tested and are less likely to be asymptomatic.  These have a common risk assessment and are .likely to adhere to strict socializing standards.

1PM-12AM  Class A Market.  Voluntary mask, gloves etc.  Enforced social distancing.  This group will operate under their acceptable risk.  Class B group mandated shelter in place.

What do y'all think?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

6AM to 1PM Class B Market.  Only Class B workers and consumers for non-essential endeavours allowed.  Why?  These people have been tested and are less likely to be asymptomatic.  These have a common risk assessment and are .likely to adhere to strict socializing standards.

1PM-12AM  Class A Market.  Voluntary mask, gloves etc.  Enforced social distancing.  This group will operate under their acceptable risk.  Class B group mandated shelter in place.

What do y'all think?

I like the plan, it's just the testing that's an issue.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

What do y'all think?

Nationwide testing is still the issue.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I like the plan, it's just the testing that's an issue.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nationwide testing is still the issue.

Yep, but hopefully we get some private inspiration to get this 5 million a day threshold reached.  It is still a ways out, but I have faith the testing part can be overcome.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Some people are just mindbogglingly selfish.

Yup.

Im starting to feel @MaceCase pain at work.

Bosses are like, "Oh heeey, we want you guys to stay safe and don't go to client sites until you're comfortable.....

...  but can anyone go to x client site for some nominal reason tomorrow.  I know they're not allowed to be open for business but technically this isn't business-business so ...

but stay safe and .... only if you're "comfortable" .......

tomorrow.  mmmkay, thanks."

F U man

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yup.

Im starting to feel @MaceCase pain at work.

Bosses are like, "Oh heeey, we want you guys to stay safe and don't go to client sites until you're comfortable.....

...  but can anyone go to x client site for some nominal reason tomorrow.  I know they're not allowed to be open for business but technically this isn't business-business so ...

but stay safe and .... only if you're "comfortable" .......

tomorrow.  mmmkay, thanks."

F U man

This. At this point, I’m not doing it for selfish reasons and that’s ok.