• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Coronavirus!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

During the initial talks it was stated that players would be out after a positive test.

But I'm happy that the league is being more prgressive

Can you provide a link where it says they would be out permanently? I don't remember seeing/hearing that.

I saw - quarantined for 14 days and I think 2 negative tests before a return is granted.

Man I'm glad that Hawks season is done. I see lots of posts about how healthy NBA players will survive COVID. But you guys are dismissing the many cases of permanent damage in various organ systems. How would you like it if Trae got COVID, survived it, but has 70% lung capacity the rest of his life and would only be able to play limited minutes? 

Yeah - I'd be worried if Silver allows players to play through positives. There could be some future law suits if people like Kawhi/PG/Giannis have to end their careers earlier secondary to permanent effects. 

5 minutes ago, warcore said:

Man I'm glad that Hawks season is done. I see lots of posts about how healthy NBA players will survive COVID. But you guys are dismissing the many cases of permanent damage in various organ systems. How would you like it if Trae got COVID, survived it, but has 70% lung capacity the rest of his life and would only be able to play limited minutes? 

Yeah - I'd be worried if Silver allows players to play through positives. There could be some future law suits if people like Kawhi/PG/Giannis have to end their careers earlier secondary to permanent effects. 

First of all, permanent lung damage from Covid is not common in young healthy people. Secondly, the "bubble" is one the safer places Trae could be. Every person there is tested for Covid-19. Certainly much safer than pick up games or protests, which he has recently been participating in. Your reasoning doesn't hold water. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Certainly much safer than pick up games or protests, which he has recently been participating in. 

This is accurate (assuming NBA protocols come even close to being followed).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is accurate (assuming NBA protocols come even close to being followed).

They aren't even in the bubble yet and this....I assume he's supposed to be in quarantine.

Three days after Jabari Parker announced he had tested positive for the coronavirus, the Kings forward was photographed playing tennis at Longfellow Park in Chicago on Saturday, TMZ Sports reported. The Kings released a statement to NBC Sports California regarding the matter:“We are aware of the report and are gathering additional information. We have no further comment at this time.”

–via Ali Thanawalla @ Yahoo! Sports

• Confused 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They aren't even in the bubble yet and this....I assume he's supposed to be in quarantine.

Three days after Jabari Parker announced he had tested positive for the coronavirus, the Kings forward was photographed playing tennis at Longfellow Park in Chicago on Saturday, TMZ Sports reported. The Kings released a statement to NBC Sports California regarding the matter:“We are aware of the report and are gathering additional information. We have no further comment at this time.”

–via Ali Thanawalla @ Yahoo! Sports

:ahf:

Glad he is gone from the team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

How would you like it if Trae got COVID, survived it, but has 70% lung capacity the rest of his life and would only be able to play limited minutes?

I actually think that Trae caught it back in February.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

First of all, permanent lung damage from Covid is not common in young healthy people. Secondly, the "bubble" is one the safer places Trae could be. Every person there is tested for Covid-19. Certainly much safer than pick up games or protests, which he has recently been participating in. Your reasoning doesn't hold water. 

It may not be common but there are definitely reports of young persons having compensated lung capacity. Even a case of a 20 yo requiring a lung transplant. 

And yes it does. There ARE reports. It IS happening. But go on, keep turning a blind eye. 

• Premium Member
On 6/26/2020 at 8:32 PM, bleachkit said:

My suspicion is once they get into the conference finals and finals, they will stop testing the stars (LBJ, Giannis, Kawhi, etc), so as no to risk a positive test screwing up the series. That wont be made known to the media of course. 

After the first round, players are allowed family members (3 I think) - you think they'd be ok not getting tested and taking it back to their hotel rooms?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He was sick for a week in February and even missed a game because of the flu like symptoms

It was in March. He was out with flu like symptoms. Trae's response:

Funny thing - Steph Curry also had flu like symptoms around the same time, he tested positive for the flu. I would think Trae got tested for at least the flu.

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I actually think that Trae caught it back in February.

Yes sir.  I believe that too.  Matter of fact, there were a lot of DNP - Flu like symptoms going around in February, especially after the All-Star game in Chicago.  I'm not sure if Trae ever officially got a COVID test.  I know at that the time, he wasn't overly concerned about it.

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-trae-young-responds-concerns-he-may-have-coronavirus/

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Very good message:

It's not the most vibrant life that we've been living - but to me, what's important is that I didn't infect anyone else that I know of, and we are healthy, and we are doing what we need to do to keep other people safe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Very good message:

yep, not making any other point than its a very good picture into the mindset of someone who was infected.

Kind of makes me think about people who get any terminal diagnosis. There is really no way to describe, "I'm on this side of the equation, and now I'm on this side". The thoughts that raged through her mind for those 8 days were probably maddening.

Way way back in 1993, there was an underappreciated movie called...."My Life" and starred Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. It follows the story of a man diagnosed with terminal cancer. His wife is pregnant and he's got daddy issues. So the idea of becoming a father was his life goal, proving he could do it better than his father.  Then he gets the news.  The movie is full of flashbacks and framing for why he is who he is. He tries to beat it by going to a myriad of doctors, but his life changes when he visits a Chinese energy healer. The healer discusses with him how his physical energy for the decisions in his life are the cause of his cancer. He takes a hard look at his life, his grievances, relationships, fears and works on them a bit at a time. Its no magic pill, but a process.  This article kind of reminded me of the movie and the reckoning we all deal with when faced with mortality.

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi3332047129?playlistId=tt0107630&ref_=tt_pr_ov_vi