• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Top 25 players under 25 hoopshype

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

Not sure why I should respect young Frank Urbina's list any more than I should respect older and wiser Spud's, first off.

Second, given that ESPN just did a similar list in the last few weeks, it feels like young Frank maybe could have done something different for his article idea.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/28829893/nba-best-25-25-ranking-future-superstars

Third.... regardless, it appears that you-know-who once again pops up @ #9 for both. And if you're Dell Dems, NOP GM, do you pay him $28.5m x 4 years (what would be the max offer that theoretically could come from another team)? That question is more murky today than it was pre All-Star break, and as far as we can know, it's not going to become any less murky between now and July.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Third.... regardless, it appears that you-know-who once again pops up @ #9 for both. And if you're Dell Dems, NOP GM, do you pay him $28.5m x 4 years (what would be the max offer that theoretically could come from another team)? That question is more murky today than it was pre All-Star break, and as far as we can know, it's not going to become any less murky between now and July.

I have a weird feeling the Pelicans will build on Zion and Ball moving forward. I don’t think Ingram will be a Pelican. I do think that’s he’s a good player in the right system, I know I sound like Supes, but in this case I think Ingram truly needs the right system. And for him it might be a future as the Pistons centerpiece for the next 8 years, I can see that. I can see him producing numbers across the board consistently like a Blake Griffin type of guy. 

Again do I think he fits our scheme, no. 👎 

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not sure why I should respect young Frank Urbina's list any more than I should respect older and wiser Spud's, first off.

Second, given that ESPN just did a similar list in the last few weeks, it feels like young Frank maybe could have done something different for his article idea.

Would you trade #20 for #19?

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

I don't see any problems with the list.  

So right now you’d rather start your franchise with KAT, Ben Simmons or Donovan Mitchell over Trae? 🤔 

For me, the clear one and two are Luka and Trae (not necessarily respectively 😉 ).

• Premium Member

Love our guy, but he's got to somehow become less of a defensive liability, and that's the primary reason I'd select Mitchell if I were starting a new team.

And I'm not sure Luka would be my #1, btw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

25% chance he's a Hawk.

Sturt goggles 🥽 though. No? If those are Vegas odds I’m betting heavily against that. I say we have a 5% shot to get Ingram. 

The only way is if Schlenk see’s Ingram as Durant or a Durant type. Schlenk wasn’t even in Golden State when they got Durant though was he? I digress..

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Mitchell

Mitchell but not Simmons or KAT over Trae correct?

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sturt goggles 🥽 though. No? If those are Vegas odds I’m betting heavily against that. I say we have a 5% shot to get Ingram. 

The only way is if Schlenk see’s Ingram as Durant or a Durant type. Schlenk wasn’t even in Golden State when they got Durant though was he? I digress..

Mitchell but not Simmons or KAT over Trae correct?

1. You don't really want me to walk you back through all the logic, do you?

Okay, okay. I suppose I have to, since you didn't catch on before.... 😉

Cliff's shorthand of the Cliff's notes: Schlenk has, all this time, envisioned pursuing a top tier player with the cap space. That space will shrink prohibitively after 2021. Though there are more top tier players who will be available in 2021 than 2020, the other teams with cap space available will far outnumber the number of top tier players.

So IF Schlenk views Ingram as a top tier player (defined as worth the max or close to it), he's going after him because Ingram represents the best opportunity of the not-very-good opportunities in either off-season to use that cap space for a top tier player.

There is no downside for Schlenk to make the offer, because even if he loses out, he's (a) likely pushed a possible future competitor for an NBA title into cap space hell, killing their maneuverability when they peak, and (b) with only about a half-dozen other teams that can compete for anyone, he controls the market anyhow such that no agent is going to want to have his guy sign until they know for a fact that ATL isn't interested in what they're selling. It is the primo buyer's market, maybe ever.

If Schlenk doesn't think Ingram is worth it, then only under that circumstance would he pass.

Granted, maybe he doesn't. But I bet he does. He may not prove to be Durant, but he has enough Durant in him to make a difference. We do need another horse, there can be no doubt. Reddish might be one, as might Hunter. But the cap space is there right now. Use it or lose it.

2. KAT and Trae would be a coin flip for me, and/but that's mainly because I have faith that once Trae has another horse to feed, he's going to become as well known for making his teammates better as he is for putting up 40+ points. Simmons, no, though mainly because of his attitude--I think there's still hope that he can develop into a better shooter, just as I think there's still hope Trae can develop into a better defender.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oooohhhh (leaning in) go on ..

It might just be some anti-Luka bias that comes with being pro-Trae, I dunno. But it certainly isn't as automatic for me as it appears it might for a lot of other people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

If Schlenk doesn't think Ingram is worth it, then only under that circumstance would he pass.

Granted, maybe he doesn't. But I bet he does

I guess that’s where we differ. I think Schlenk doesn’t think he’s worth it. We shall see.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

It might just be some anti-Luka bias that comes with being pro-Trae, I dunno. But it certainly isn't as automatic for me as it appears it might for a lot of other people.

Oh good Trae as #1. I thought a whole new candidate not in the top 5 was appearing at ☝🏾.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I guess that’s where we differ. I think Schlenk doesn’t think he’s worth it.

Yes, we do. But moreover, I think you're overestimating the degree to which the current coach has some relatively unique "system" into which Ingram would need to fit in order to be effective in the first place. Never mind, it is conventional wisdom that Ingram is a top 10 under-25 asset in the league. Last reason I'd take that bet... Schlenk's said his criteria are shooting, dribbling and passing. Ingram checks all those boxes.

There might be better players on which you could spend the money. No, I take that back. There are better players. But he is at the top of the list of players in that category possible to spend the money on.

Ohio and Illinois are shutting down all bars and restaurants.  They will only function as carry out establishments.

This is big, because like what I said with Hoboken, NJ, this is going to be a domino effect that all states will copy.

For Atlanta, you know what that means . . .

Bye bye strip clubs . . . for now . . if Georgia copies those states.

• Sad 1

President's briefing:

- FED drops interest rates down to 0.25% ( virtually zero ).  Very happy

- Asks the news media to give the news correctly ( mainly concerning the Google website related to the Coronavirus )

- Naming off retail and food/supermarket CEOs.

- Telling people to relax on the panic buying . . . we're dong great . . it'll all will pass

- Stores will be re-stocked every 24 hours, retailers asking people to "buy a little bit less".  No shortages, but people are buying 3 to 5 times more than what they normally buy

- We have to watch and protect over the elderly

- Leaves without taking any questions, with the media going crazy shouting questions at him

Vice-President's briefing:

- Grateful to Governors all across the country

- Supply chain working just fine  . . stores will stay open throughout, but hours may be reduced for cleaning and supply

- Testing available in all 50 states . . using traditional methods as of right now ( only 40 - 60 tests a day )  . . which is the reason why we need high-speed testing

- Will have access to 2,000 labs across the country to process Coronavirus testing on Monday

- 10 states with drive-thru test sites currently

- Will possibly set up test sites outside of retail/supermarkets

- All Americans will be able to access test sites outside of their normal healthcare system

- All Coronavirus testing is FREE, for insured and uninsured.

- Important that the test is available for the ones most in need . . should only get a test if you think you may have Coronavirus ( i.e. - symptoms )

Admiral Burke's briefing:

- Most vulnerable is priority . . . don't want to have people going to actue care facilities to get tests . . . balance diagnosis 

- 1.9 MILLION tests available this week

- All 50 states have been contacted through the FEMA system to implement these tests

- Pod based test facilities can screen 2K - 4K people per day

- Focusing on 2 important groups . . . (1) healthcare workers and first responders . . and (2) the elderly - 65+ and fever of 99.6. Temperature lowered because most elderly don't have high fevers  . . ( lol . . I might have this shit forreal, I'm in my late 40s though  . .  current temp fluctuating between 98.8 and 99.4 )