• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How good would the Hawks be in the 90s?

NBASupes

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll don't understand why I rate Horford higher. It's due to his overall impact. Simple as that. Horford can do a lot for winning Basketball. A lot of what Malone did wouldn't transfer eras. He's a product of Sloan. 

Nope.  Not heading back down that road.   Will just say that I disagree with respect to overall impact.  

• Haha 2

I do see eye to eye with Supes a lot as far as talent and overall players are concerned but i can’t defend us or any team in this era being able to win in the 90’s. 

Smits might not be better than him, but he would beat him up on the court and possibly make him cry 😢...

again.... 😏 

Wipe your tears 😭 up you XL Tony Parker and stop 🛑 ur whining.

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Smits always gave us fits. HATED that guy.

Who didn’t? The entire Pacer team. Reggie, Rik  and the Davis boys..later Haywoode Workman. They were one of our biggest rivals I think. Hornets 🐝 too a bit.

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I do see eye to eye with Supes a lot as far as talent and overall players are concerned but i can’t defend us or any team in this era being able to win in the 90’s. 

Smits might not be better than him, but he would beat him up on the court and possibly make him cry 😢...

again.... 😏 

Wipe your tears 😭 up you XL Tony Parker and stop 🛑 ur whining.

I think that is going too far.  Many of the best teams in this era would be outstanding in the 90s.  But us?  Come on.  We are too young to compete with the physicality of this era and are lottery bait with 20-22 year olds and garbage beyond that this year.  MJ's Bulls, Ewing's Knicks, Hakeem's Rockets, Isiah's bad boy Pistons, Duncan's Spurs...these guys would just laugh their ***es off at us thinking we could play with them.

And I just can't not say this but Drexler was not "old as s***" garbage when he went to the Rockets.  

If 20 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals per game is garbage then I'm eager for Reddish to become garbage.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Many of the best teams in this era would be outstanding in the 90s

That might be going too far as well. I think the Bucks would be a top 5 seed in the east in some years and the Lakers and Clipps would get into the playoffs but maybe not homecourt. The Rockets, Blazers, Spurs, Jazz, Sonics and others had stronger teams than what we put out there today. 

But ya I as far as us being a playoff team. No.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

And I just can't not say this but Drexler was not "old as s***" garbage when he went to the Rockets.  

Agree. He wasn’t 1990 Finals Clyde but he wasn’t washed up by any means. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Who didn’t? The entire Pacer team. Reggie, Rik  and the Davis boys..later Haywoode Workman. They were one of our biggest rivals I think. Hornets 🐝 too a bit.

True, true. Urgh, the playoff series in 97-98 to the Hornets was gutting. Was a very young fan at the time and there were tears shed.  Smitty and Glenn Rice put on a damn show that series. 

• Like 1