• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6 (Supes piggyback 🧵)

Spud2nique

Who do you want at #6  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want at #6

• Obi Toppin
    • Onyeka Okongwu
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Killian Hayes
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2020 at 01:58 AM

2 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

I won't be upset with practically any of the options likely available at #6 because so many scream "role player."  With that said, if you're looking at ways to differentiate them, I'd argue there are two skills that a prospect needs to have shown evidence of:

1. Off-ball shooting (perimeter)

2. Defensive versatility

And of the prospects in our range who has both?

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, he's not an NBA player.  If he was from Arkansas, would you feel the same?

Fine I got love for the bay (players) not the team. Corn 🌽 row tan Steph. Gimme a break, my all white friend is blacker than Steph. 🤦‍♀️ Fake a$$.. I digress. But gimme GP, Kidd, Shaw, Foster, Hook, 🐜 Davis and mr. Mean all day baby 👶. #yaything

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Bembry is this . .

1984 Pontiac Grand Prix, LE Coupe 2-Door 5.0L, T-Tops | Pontiac grand prix,  Pontiac, Grand prix

and Okoro is this . .

Purchase used 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan 4-Door 3.8L in Compton,  California, United States, for US $3,000.00

. . can you turn Okoro into this?

Documentary Details The Build of a Modern Gold 455 Super Duty Trans Am

Only if he learns to shoot.  That is my big worry.  His shooting is absymal and he doesn't even have the confidence to try so it isn't remotely similar to Cam.  If he can't shoot, he'll always be a liability on offense and it is questionable how much you'll be able to play him at all.  

Car-Trouble.jpg

This is what happened with MKG and Bembry.  He won't be able to feast at the rim like he did in college.

This chart won't exist for him in the NBA:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, AHF said:

Only if he learns to shoot.  That is my big worry.  His shooting is absymal and he doesn't even have the confidence to try so it isn't remotely similar to Cam.  If he can't shoot, he'll always be a liability on offense and it is questionable how much you'll be able to play him at all.  

Car-Trouble.jpg

This is what happened with MKG and Bembry.  He won't be able to feast at the rim like he did in college.

This chart won't exist for him in the NBA:

image.png

Jaylen Brown, Jimmy Butler, Andre Iguodala?

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And of the prospects in our range who has both?

Shortens the list considerably, huh? Lot of unproven shooters in this draft. I think Hayes projects to improve, but he's not shown it yet.

Vassell and Nesmith fit the criteria, but they lack Haliburton's playmaking ability.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jaylen Brown, Jimmy Butler, Andre Iguodala?

I’d be terrified he never gets close to Brown or Butler on offense.  He scares me more than they did.

Brown was more of a scorer in college.  He had a rough time in college but has shot between 34% and 39% every season from 3.  I’m guessing you aren’t expecting to see Okoro at a 37% 3pt% at the same stage of his career.  

Iggy shot 31.5% 3pt% and almost 79% from the line when he was drafted.  Also showed considerably more playmaking skills.  He has not been a great offensive player but has done enough to be a great rotation piece.  

Butler shot 34.5% and over 78% from the ft line before coming out.  Butler was definitely a steal as he wasn’t highly regarded out of college but made good.  

If we could take Okoro at the 30th spot in the draft like Butler I’d be thrilled.  

With what I hope is our last lottery pick I’d be terrified and beyond his stats it is the form that doesn’t inspire any confidence for me.  Cam struggles like hell but you could see how he could become a shooter.

It may be my limitations as an evaluator or not having seen enough tape but I’m just not seeing the path for him.

On defense, I can definitely see it.  Only worry I have there is the lack of numbers - 2.5 drb, 2.0 assists and less than a block and steal per game doesn’t blow me away like Iggy’s 6.0 drb, 4.9 assists and 1.6 steals per game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d be terrified he never gets close to Brown or Butler on offense.  He scares me more than they did.

Brown was more of a scorer in college.  He had a rough time in college but has shot between 34% and 39% every season from 3.  I’m guessing you aren’t expecting to see Okoro at a 37% 3pt% at the same stage of his career.  

Iggy shot 31.5% 3pt% and almost 79% from the line when he was drafted.  Also showed considerably more playmaking skills.  He has not been a great offensive player but has done enough to be a great rotation piece.  

Butler shot 34.5% and over 78% from the ft line before coming out.  Butler was definitely a steal as he wasn’t highly regarded out of college but made good.  

If we could take Okoro at the 30th spot in the draft like Butler I’d be thrilled.  

With what I hope is our last lottery pick I’d be terrified and beyond his stats it is the form that doesn’t inspire any confidence for me.  Cam struggles like hell but you could see how he could become a shooter.

It may be my limitations as an evaluator or not having seen enough tape but I’m just not seeing the path for him.

On defense, I can definitely see it.

Jaylen Brown numbers on offense are identical to Okoro except Okoro is a superior finisher and movement player

http://www.tankathon.com/players/jaylen-brown

http://www.tankathon.com/players/isaac-okoro

I am okay with if Michael Kidd Gilchrist was his miss cause MKG was an impactful player early on even without the jumper. But injuries got him and his defense just isn't what it used to be. 

Honestly MKG would have been much better with Trae

Cam struggles show how far these one and done types got to go. It's rare guys are out the box like Herro

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Brown 19 points per 36

Okoro 14.7 points per 36

The %s are very similar like you say but Brown was the bigger scorer.  I more just don’t believe that Okoro can improve his deep jumper like Brown did.  Do you think he can match Brown’s nba 3pt %s and volumes?  Ie are you using Brown because you really believe that Okoro projects to develop like him?

Brown shot 39% from deep in HS.  Do you know what Okoro shot?  That could be some calming info.

Killian Hayes for me. He has all the tools and High Basketball IQ at such a young age (turned 19 in July) to be an elite offensive guard and could be an above average defender in this league.

I would also be cool with Toppin, Avdija and maybe Haliburton (Such a perfect fit for Trae even though I see him as our Lonzo Ball and not a star) but after that it gets grey as far as star potential IMO. Huge fan of Cole Anthony's game, but I don't know if he can co-exist with Trae on this team.

I don’t see us going frontcourt with this pick, unless Wiseman falls to 6.  We’ve got 44 million guaranteed between 5 rotation pieces in the frontcourt next year, compared to 14mil/3 players backcourt.  And Dedmon/Capela are our longest/biggest commitments on the books.

I think we can resign Skal for cheap and be set at the 4/5.  It will be easier to sign a vet to back up Trae than use a lottery pick to draft a project lead guard as a backup - maybe resign Teague or someone like Trey Burke.  That leaves us with room for development at the wings around Cam/Dre/Kev.

Again, Vassell and Nesmith are the two best fits for our needs, but bad value at #6.  Although I could see Vassell going soon after (maybe 7-10), so trade down may be tough on him.  Having Deni drop to 6 would be a no brainer, but that seems increasingly unlikely.  Killian and Halliburton look like decent candidates as potential combo guards who can back up both guard spots and could play next to Trae.  If Wiseman drops all the way to 6, I think we take that flier and see what happens with extending JC, or moving Dedmon/Capela on the trade deadline.

• Like 1