• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How do we get another 2020 1st (Non-Lotto)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

What are you talking about?  The Knicks were a lottery team when they drafted Michell Robinson in the 2nd round after we passed on the guy twice to take fatso.  We actually drafted Devonte' Graham for the Hornets in the 2nd round who were a lottery team also.  Some GM's can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Apparently that is not expected of Travis Schlenk

New York also drafted Kevin Knox in that same draft. :laugh:.

You're Praising they hit on the #36 pick, talk about them missing on #8. That's more egregious. Definitely not walking and chewing gum.

• Like 2

What are you talking about?  The Knicks were a lottery team when they drafted Michell Robinson in the 2nd round after we passed on the guy twice to take fatso.  We actually drafted Devonte' Graham for the Hornets in the 2nd round who were a lottery team also.  Some GM's can walk and chew gum at the same time.  Apparently that is not expected of Travis Schlenk

Not that I'm here to defend the dude but ... Mitchell Robinson is trash.  Well, he's ok (at best).  I don't care that we "missed" on him.  The fact that he's the Knicks best prospect is a testament to how horrible their front office is.  Graham is a secondary player.  There's a reason everyone agrees CHA still needs an offensive engine.  No need to overrate him.

I definitely disagree with the rate at which we sell 2nd round picks and I agree Schlank deserves heat in general.  Just disagree that those guys are shining examples of us getting burned.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

New York also drafted Kevin Knox in that same draft. :laugh:.

You're Praising they hit on the #36 pick, talk about them missing on #8. That's more egregious. Definitely not walking and chewing gum.

I'm not comparing Schlenk to New York's GM...In fact that reflects poorly on Schlenk if he is worse in the 2nd round than New York's terrible Gm

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not that I'm here to defend the dude but ... Mitchell Robinson is trash.  Well, he's ok (at best).  I don't care that we "missed" on him.  The fact that he's the Knicks best prospect is a testament to how horrible their front office is.  Graham is a secondary player.  There's a reason everyone agrees CHA still needs an offensive engine.  No need to overrate him.

I definitely disagree with the rate at which we sell 2nd round picks and I agree Schlank deserves heat in general.  Just disagree that those guys are shining examples of us getting burned.

Charlotte really likes Graham and they do think he's an offensive engine. Everyone in sport media thinks Cam and De'Andre aren't that good and we can upgrade them. Let's be respectful of other team's opinions of their players. I know the Hawks fans should know this the way we get treated nationally.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

I'm not comparing Schlenk to New York's GM...In fact that reflects poorly on Schlenk if he is worse in the 2nd round than New York's terrible Gm

But you are. Schlenk has shown he's great in the 1st round, 2nd not so much. NYK hits on one player in the 2nd but not in 1st but this reflects poorly on Schlenk? ... oookay!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

But you are. Schlenk has shown he's great in the 1st round, 2nd not so much. NYK hits on one player in the 2nd but not in 1st but this reflects poorly on Schlenk? ... oookay!

You are comparing the 2...I'm merely pointing out that Schlenk had 2 opportunities to draft the guy and chose fatty instead while selling Devonte's Graham

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is able to find useful undrafted free agents and late round gems.  Schlenk has not done that.

He's drafted just as many duds and passed over just as many good players as anyone else.   As i pointed out passing Sabonis for Poltl.   Getting Siakam doesn't make a career.

Just now, macdaddy said:

He's drafted just as many duds and passed over just as many good players as anyone else.   As i pointed out passing Sabonis for Poltl.   Getting Siakam doesn't make a career.

Poeltl helped him get Kawhi tho. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

San Antonio's titles were driven by Duncan.  He was the centerpiece for every title team, including the year that Kawhi won the Finals MVP.  (TD was #2 in scoring, #1 in all rebounding categories, #1 in blocks, #3 in assists while KL was #4 in scoring, #2 or 3 in rebounding categories, #1 in steals, #6 in assists).  It is no coincidence that they haven't even threatened a title without him.

I'll give you my opinion that the Raptors aren't legit contenders and only have any chance this year because of the mercurial nature of the restart playoffs.  Still don't think they will win but teams were disrupted and changed (such as LA losing Avery Bradley and Rondo) as a result of the restart.

image.png

How about getting Manu in the 2nd round. Getting Parker at #28. Trading for Kawhi on draft night. That isn't just luck. They clearly do a better job identifying talent than other organizations.

Think about it!  What other GM is batting Zero percent in the 2nd round, Undrafted free agency?  He suck even in free agency

He is aware of this. That's why he's targeting first rounders. For our style of offense, it's harder to find hidden gems.

Edited by NBASupes

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What's a secondary player?

Not a primary player.  On a good team, he'd be coming off the bench.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Charlotte really likes Graham and they do think he's an offensive engine. Everyone in sport media thinks Cam and De'Andre aren't that good and we can upgrade them. Let's be respectful of other team's opinions of their players. I know the Hawks fans should know this the way we get treated nationally.

Hey, don't be lecturing me.  I've seen you go toe-to-toe with plenty of fanbases about them overrating their own players. 😄 

I'm pretty sure I've had to jump into a couple to defend your honor too. 🤕

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Sure but that doesn't have anything to do with his ability to pick the right player in the draft.   I'm not knocking the guy.  He's really good but you can't really say he's a drafting genius and Travis is an idiot. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Thank you!  Why do posters defend the indefensible.  Schlenk has stunk it up in the late 1st and 2nd rounds.  He has stunk with the G league.  He has stunk with free agent signings.  He has stunk with trades.   This should be clear to everyone!