• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thoughts on the 1st half?

Admin

SAR has been pretty quiet so far and Theo has been a non-factor. Right now its been Jackson once again keeping us in the game as well as Nazr. Glove has played pretty good as well. JT has also been a non factor.

We have been able to shut them down with the zone pretty well and Houston hasnt shown that they can beat the zone yet, but they do have some good shooters so it could change quickly in the 2nd half.

We really need to come out and jump on them in the 3rd because both teams are coming off of playing last night so lets get them tired and run them out of the building in the 3rd so that they will give up.

It's that simple.

They are talented, but they are a brain dead team. They may look like they are ready to break out at one point, but they always fall into the same rut.

The worst aspect of this team is their shot selection, and that's because they simply aren't smart enough to realize it.

This team also has no on the floor leadership. You can't count on the coach for everything.

I'm one of the few who actually thinks Terry Stotts could win if he had a team willing to listen to what he says and was smart enough to execute it. Unfortunately, he is in a no win situation as the Hawks coach as long as this team is kept the same. No coach in the league could win with this group of players.

Simply put, it is time to start all over. The Hawks blew up a good team under the premise that to get better in the long run, they may need to take a few steps back in the short term. Well, they haven't gotten any better. Now, they have a terrible TEAM, and for them to get better, this TEAM needs to be blown up.

IMO, if Seattle will offer the Hawks Brent Barry, Vladimir Radmanovic, Jerome James, and their first round pick in the 2004 draft for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, the Hawks should take it. At the very least, they get a poor man's Pedrag Stojakovic in Radmonvic and a first round pick.

In the offseason, look to move Jason Terry and replace him with a real point guard. Attempt to find a shooting guard that can shoot from the perimeter and be a scoring threat. Find some post players that are bangers and are willing to rebound and mix it up defensively.

I think it is interesting that you defend Terry Stotts here, since he put JT in despite Dickau playing well to precede the Rockets run in which he didn't take a timeout or make a substitution. I thought the problem was an extreme lack of poise by the head coach, a terrible job of managing the situation on the floor which the coach could handle, by Stotts.

Coach Stotts is not without his flaws. He does have subbing patterns that make me scratch my head, but overall, his philosophy is a sound philosophy.

However, I don't feel this is a situation to fairly judge his coaching capabilities. IMO, had the Hawks wisely hired Eric Mussleman after the 2001-2002 season, I do not feel he would be doing any better with this team. After a solid season last year with Golden State, he is really struggling this year because of moves made by management.

IMO, Atlanta is a team that is the epitomy of bad basketball management at this time. This team was put together with no thought of how the players would play together.