• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I lost my virginity to her in the one with Steve Gutenberg. 

Well I had free HBO for a month, then they realized it and came and took it away. One of the best months of my life. 

It was called, Don’t tell her it’s me, and the other title was The boyfriend school 🏫

I took a lot of bath’s 🛁 that month as an early teen.. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:57 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Remember when KD had that calf injury, came back too soon in the payoffs and he ended up tearing his achilles. LAL is taking a very cautious approach as they should. Same with Durant, hamstring injuries are so unpredictable- read where the MRI showed more bleeding than expected hence the length of time he has been out.

Aye, now that Bro-Bron is out for an extended period, I think we'll really see where LAL is on this.  They could win it all as an 8-seed but do you really wanna do that?  Be a road team for every series with fans likely back for the playoffs.  I wouldn't think so.

If we see a protracted slump and they still don't bring AD back, I'd say my fears are confirmed.

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

Hope that turns into probable!

Yeah, the sooner we can give twenty minutes per to Hunter the faster he gets to 100%. Understand the no rushing precautions but am anxious to see us get to full health with Cam and Hunter coming in. A whole lot of playoff pieces we have these days with our full roster. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

They could win it all as an 8-seed but do you really wanna do that? 

It would be tough. I remember the 95 Rockets 🚀 did that, they had Akeem (not Hak not ever since 84). Ya the Lakers could prolly do it and it would add another chapter to Le..wait why am I doing this..

Ya no they won’t. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'm excited but also have realistic about this. He'll probably get 15 minutes at most. Still, this is HUGE for the Hawks on this road trip. 

Lol who's not being realistic?  Everyone should know he won't be in the starting lineup and on a minutes restriction.  

It'll be good to have him for those 15 minutes especially on the defensive end.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Not sure if this is the thread to ask but has anyone here ever gotten season tickets?  I was thinking about them for next year but not exactly sure how it works.. do you get all the home games?  Is it easy to re-sell tickets for games you aren't going to?  Is it cheaper to get season tickets if you can only go to ~half the home games or should I just buy individual?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

This is the bullsh*t, I'm talking about when it comes to the narrative around Trae Young.  Of course it's at the Ringer so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not providing the link because I don't want them to get the clicks. At every opportunity, they try to trash Trae Young.  Like Luka dominates the ball more than Trae and has less of an assist percentage, but they would NEVER say that about him.  The Hawks also have about the same offensive rating as the Mavericks this year. 

I'm just tired of NBA Media constantly moving goal posts and making it seem like Young always has some type of problem. 

I even heard on NBA radio that Luka's in the MVP conversation. Like HOW? 

Luka went 8 of 9 from 3 last night. If he's hitting that, he's unstoppable. Still think we have the better team though when healthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka went 8 of 9 from 3 last night. If he's hitting that, he's unstoppable. Still think we have the better team though when healthy.

What does that have to do with the usuage and playmaking discussion I'm talking about?

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member

This is the bullsh*t, I'm talking about when it comes to the narrative around Trae Young.  Of course it's at the Ringer so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not providing the link because I don't want them to get the clicks. At every opportunity, they try to trash Trae Young.  Like Luka dominates the ball more than Trae and has less of an assist percentage, but they would NEVER say that about him.  The Hawks also have about the same offensive rating as the Mavericks this year. 

I'm just tired of NBA Media constantly moving goal posts and making it seem like Young always has some type of problem. 

The Trae/Collins stuff is from Kirschner's article from back in very early January.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The Trae/Collins stuff is from Kirschner's article from back in very early January.

I'm aware.  In the firing Lloyd Pierce Article he back tracked a little bit and said what John was making clear was Lloyd was over using Trae at the expense of everyone else.

• Thanks 1

Most of their eggsperts picked him in their preseason nonsense so they've basically just been waiting for a reason.  Any fart in the right direction was gonna move him up their ladders so they can prove to each other how right they've been all along.

Him scratching, clawing, and absolutely exhorting his team to the ... wait, Dallas is the 8-seed rn?  What TF?  MVP?  Who?  How?  Them mfers is in the play-in tournament.  How's that an MVP?  They thinking, without him, they'd be 3 and 38 or somethin?  Are the actual Muppets on his team or something?!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Most of their eggsperts picked him in their preseason nonsense so they've basically just been waiting for a reason.  Any fart in the right direction was gonna move him up their ladders so they can prove to each other how right they've been all along.

Him scratching, clawing, and absolutely exhorting his team to the ... wait, Dallas is the 8-seed rn?  What TF?  MVP?  Who?  How?  Them mfers is in the play-in tournament.  How's that an MVP?  They thinking, without him, they'd be 3 and 38 or somethin?  Are the actual Muppets on his team or something?!

In a related/unrelated note, our power ranking moved from 17th last week to 13.. Usually 4 spots in a week is pretty good but we won 8 in a row! If this was Luka and the Mavs I guarantee you they would have jumped 7 spots. 🤦‍♀️ NO RESPECT.

The cure: Keep winning... I guess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

In a related/unrelated note, our power ranking moved from 17th last week to 13.. Usually 4 spots in a week is pretty good but we won 8 in a row! If this was Luka and the Mavs I guarantee you they would have jumped 7 spots. 🤦‍♀️ NO RESPECT.

The cure: Keep winning... I guess.

I saw that coming.

If you just line up the W-L records top to bottom across both conferences, we only have the 12th best record overall. Only one team, Miami, has a worse record than us and was ranked higher. I was fully prepared to be 15th behind GS and BOS based on their typical bias. 

• Like 1