• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

One thing to consider when comparing to other teams' results is we're currently working on a minus-9 home/road split.  The PeliCan'ts broadcast pointed this out, actually, so I'm not taking credit.

20 home games (11-9) played vs 29 road games played.

We're set up well to make some hay in the back part of the season, especially if we get positive health news.

By comparison, MIA has played 1 more home game than road.  BOS and NY have played 1 more road game than home.

And the good news is the NBA is not the NFL and so gives everyone an equal number of home games and never gives someone two fewer than other teams.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

And the good news is the NBA is not the NFL and so gives everyone an equal number of home games and never gives someone two fewer than other teams.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47bbn19bsvnoc3fylbl

(Curses!  I don't do NFL so I'm not sure if AH is messin' with me 'r not.  C'mon, he's not funny.  No way he's joking .. right?  Say something, kg, everybody's lookin')

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47676ifgi4pq4qnu7n3s

(Nailed it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Hornets droppin' like .... flies(huh)?

They could still keep winning at the same clip without Ball and now Hayward, I guess.

Oh no they won't. They're just keeping the 4th spot warm for the Hawks at this point. :laugh:

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The NFL added a 17th game to the schedule for this upcoming season so most teams have 8 or 9 home games and vice versa for road games.

Then, they announced that they are bringing back games played in London.

So the Falcons first found out that their 17th game would be a road game

Then they announced the Falcons would play in London as the "Home" team and lose a home game in Atlanta.

So as of right now the Falcons have 7 home games in Atlanta and 10 games on the road. Meanwhile at least 16 other teams were given a 9th home game and only 8 road games. So it's a huge competitive disadvantage that should have been considered before hand. Only the team with an extra home game should have been eligible to host the game in London.

It is kind of mindbogglingly incompetent scheduling.  So easily avoided.

• Like 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Oooohhh this is some good conversation material. 

Who else you got? I'm thinking some possible others in the discussion might be Karl Malone, Kevin Willis, maybe Shawn Kemp? 

A cage match?  All about who wants it the most and can tap into that rage.

hwk_ivan_johnson_hdr2.jpg?cw=700&ch=500&

• Haha 2

I wasn't the biggest LP hater, but recognize it was time for him to go. But this is a HUGE indictment of what we were getting from the team under LP. Pasting the pictures too since twitter embeds aren't loading properly for me. 

Fourth-quarter net rating since March 1, when Nate McMillan took over.

If you were wondering what it was prior to March 1, here you go:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

I wasn't the biggest LP hater, but recognize it was time for him to go. But this is a HUGE indictment of what we were getting from the team under LP. Pasting the pictures too since twitter embeds aren't loading properly for me. 

Fourth-quarter net rating since March 1, when Nate McMillan took over.

If you were wondering what it was prior to March 1, here you go:

Holy Cow.......

• Like 2

HORNETS - - - :27-24  .529%

HAWKS - - - - -:28-25 .528%

Atlanta has played 2 more games and are only .001% behind our next opponent.  Thus, they have 4th place and we have 5th place.

Somewhere along the line, Charlotte will play 2 games while we simply watch.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

HORNETS - - - :27-24  .529%

HAWKS - - - - -:28-25 .528%

Atlanta has played 2 more games and are only .001% behind our next opponent.  Thus, they have 4th place and we have 5th place.

Somewhere along the line, Charlotte will play 2 games while we simply watch.

:smug:

We play Charlotte tomorrow, so hopefully we win and take control of the 4 spot.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Can we just get Hunter back for tomorrow since Snell is out?  Charlotte is a much better team than expected this season.

Facts, and they are managing to keep winning games despite no Hayward or Ball. They are looking at themselves the way we are, believing they are going to get even better down the stretch as they get guys back from injury.

• Like 4