2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

I don't care what y'all say, Jokic is not the MVP.  DEN let the Selltics go on a 31-3 run ... in Denver?!

I get it.  Jokic wasn't on the floor for all of it, but my gard, people.  That's ridiculous.

And don't give me the "oh Murray wasn't playing" eggscuse.  I'll say it again like I've said it before, nobody gives our guy the 'oh his teammate was out/his teammates suck' excuse so nobody gets it from me.

Come at me, saphron.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't care what y'all say, Jokic is not the MVP.  DEN let the Selltics go on a 31-3 run ... in Denver?!

I get it.  Jokic wasn't on the floor for all of it, but my gard, people.  That's ridiculous.

And don't give me the "oh Murray wasn't playing" eggscuse.  I'll say it again like I've said it before, nobody gives our guy the 'oh his teammate was out/his teammates suck' excuse so nobody gets it from me.

Come at me, saphron.

That game didn't help his case, that's for sure..smh

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Come at me, saphron.

Are they supposed to go 72-0? Sometimes you lose, it happens. Jokic has as good a case as anyone else, there is no clear cut guy this year.

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are they supposed to go 72-0? Sometimes you lose, it happens. Jokic has as good a case as anyone else, there is no clear cut guy this year.

Did you not read my post?  Perhaps you have a canned response for anyone questioning his mvp candidacy?

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Were it not for the missed games, he would be the leader in the club house.

Everybody deserving has missed a boatload of games so it's all basically even in my book.

If Donovan Mitchell had better stats, he'd be up there.

I didn't realize Giannis was nursing an injury. We may be able to make a move on the Bucks guys.

Their next 7 games: Wolves, Hawks, Grizz, Suns, Sixers, Sixers, Hawks

Our next 7 games: Raps, Bucks, Pacers, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Bucks

Giannis will likely miss our game this week. And both of the games we play them at our house, with them on the 2nd game of a B2B.

Our health matters too but those are 2 games we could likely win. Plus, they could easily drop at least 2 of the games against the Suns and Sixers.

Our worst game in that span is @ the Knicks on a B2B. If we can take care of business and go 6-1 maybe, we could find ourselves within a game of the 3 seed in a couple of weeks.

After that, its go time. We have a mini series against Philly, but they also have one against the Nets, so all bets are off.

Get healthy guys, we can make a move and shake up the entire playoff picture.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I didn't realize Giannis was nursing an injury. We may be able to make a move on the Bucks guys.

Their next 7 games: Wolves, Hawks, Grizz, Suns, Sixers, Sixers, Hawks

Our next 7 games: Raps, Bucks, Pacers, Magic, Knicks, Heat, Bucks

Giannis will likely miss our game this week. And both of the games we play them at our house, with them on the 2nd game of a B2B.

Our health matters too but those are 2 games we could likely win. Plus, they could easily drop at least 2 of the games against the Suns and Sixers.

Our worst game in that span is @ the Knicks on a B2B. If we can take care of business and go 6-1 maybe, we could find ourselves within a game of the 3 seed in a couple of weeks.

After that, its go time. We have a mini series against Philly, but they also have one against the Nets, so all bets are off.

Get healthy guys, we can make a move and shake up the entire playoff picture.

1 game at a time.........................

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not afraid of anyone in the East. I would like to avoid the Nets if possible but other than them, I think we can beat anyone in a 7 game series.

Fully healthy, we're arguably the most talented team in the East top to bottom.  Maybe 2nd if you think the fountain of youth flows through New Jersey (yeah, I know).  Unless we totally collapse in the playoffs, we're gonna be a tough out.

Also, listening to NBARadio, it is mind-boggling how hard eggsperts are continuing to push the Boston/Miami narrative in terms of teams to watch out for.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1