• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm ok with Cuban sometimes but he certainly suffers from this syndrome.

GorgeousBigFowl-size_restricted.gif

He's very progressive on some issues. For example, he thinks PEDs should be allowed. Which I absolutely agree with. People just think they are "bad" because they are misinformed and don't understand the science. Unfortunately, as with most things, ignorance and stigma win the day. 

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is evidence bleachk is a time-traveler.  A UTA/DEN Finals only happens in 2025 when they've gone to 1-16 playoff seeding.

Quick gimme lotto numbers, bleach.

ETA: I do agree with your sentiment though.  Seeming like we're heading to the LAC/LAL WCF.  Hoping they meet in the early rounds instead atleast.

At least he didn’t say Utah and Dallas. 😆 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Wonder if he always had it or did it develop recently somehow.  Is there a doctor in the house?

Shh 🤫.. 😆 don’t at him at least, his screen name is similar to yours.. here’s Morse code.

11th letter of the alphabet/2nd letter of the alphabet/ Hawks legend’s #

• Haha 1

We missed a golden opportunity to close in on Milwaukee, but we are still just 4.5 behind them now after they lost to Memphis on Saturday.

That being said as far as the playoffs go, there are 3 tiers shaking out if you ask me. 

You still have the top 3, who are beginning to become fixed in their spots as of late.

1. 76ers, 2. Nets, 3. Bucks

Then the next group is 4-8 , still jockeying for final positioning, but pretty safe bets to get in. 

4. Hawks, 5. Celtics, 6. Knicks, 7. Heat, 8. Hornets

Last is the play in hopefuls 

9. Pacers, 10. Bulls, 11. Wizards, 12. Raptors

I think the Hornets are succumbing to injuries and starting to fall towards Indy as we close the year, but they are hanging on for now.

Our peer group appears to be Hawks, Celtics, Knicks and Heat. I feel any of those 4 teams could realistically present a threat to the top 3. as well as each other. That 4 team block will be the most competitive down the stretch as they all have bigger aspirations than just getting in the dance, and are going to fight to avoid that 7th spot at all costs. You could see it today and yesterday with the games Boston, NY and Miami played. Grinding out tough victories that had playoff energy.

The intensity is ramping up. I hope our boys are ready for a dog fight, because the competition is not going anywhere soon. 4 teams fighting for 3 remaining guaranteed spots. Lets go

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We missed a golden opportunity to close in on Milwaukee, but we are still just 4.5 behind them now after they lost to Memphis on Saturday.

That being said as far as the playoffs go, there are 3 tiers shaking out if you ask me. 

You still have the top 3, who are beginning to become fixed in their spots as of late.

1. 76ers, 2. Nets, 3. Bucks

Then the next group is 4-8 , still jockeying for final positioning, but pretty safe bets to get in. 

4. Hawks, 5. Celtics, 6. Knicks, 7. Heat, 8. Hornets

Last is the play in hopefuls 

9. Pacers, 10. Bulls, 11. Wizards, 12. Raptors

I think the Hornets are succumbing to injuries and starting to fall towards Indy as we close the year, but they are hanging on for now.

Our peer group appears to be Hawks, Celtics, Knicks and Heat. I feel any of those 4 teams could realistically present a threat to the top 3. as well as each other. That 4 team block will be the most competitive down the stretch as they all have bigger aspirations than just getting in the dance, and are going to fight to avoid that 7th spot at all costs. You could see it today and yesterday with the games Boston, NY and Miami played. Grinding out tough victories that had playoff energy.

The intensity is ramping up. I hope our boys are ready for a dog fight, because the competition is not going anywhere soon. 4 teams fighting for 3 remaining guaranteed spots. Lets go

Would sure like to hold the tie breaker over celtic and heat. Just need to keep winning though. Especially against the likes of Orlando.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Would sure like to hold the tie breaker over celtic and heat. Just need to keep winning though. Especially against the likes of Orlando.

If just win the games we are supposed to win, we'll have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, Spud2nique said:

Power ranking from BR. I’m didn’t want to give them their own thread because, well they don’t want our games apparently. How do we go 3-1 during the week and go from 12th to 11th overall? 🤔 

Then they mention that we are having a “good run of health”? 🧐 We have been missing JC/Hunter/Cam/Dunn, as well as Gallo, and even had Capela and Trae out for a game each this week. Huh 🤔 BR isn’t paying attention to us, like at all. 🤦‍♀️ 

11. Atlanta Hawks

Last Week’s Rankings: 12th

The Hawks were on fire from three in their game against New Orleans. They went 20-of-31, including a perfect 11-of-11 in the third quarter. They finished the week shooting 43.2 percent from three. Bogdan Bogdanovic is in a groove right now, hitting at least three threes in seven of the Hawks' last eight games. 

It has been 20 games since Nate McMillan took over the Hawks. They have gone 15-5 under him. They are averaging 113.9 points a game, shooting 39.8 percent from three. That has coincided with a good run of health, as Bogdanovic played all 20 games, Trae Young played 18 and Danilo Gallinari played 17.

With the coaching change and good health, the Hawks have vaulted into the race for home court in the playoffs.

Went from 12th to 11th last week, it’ll be interesting to see what position we get tomorrow, we went 2-1 beating Toronto on the road and splitting at home with the Bucks and the Pacers. Guessing probably between 10-13th slots. Guessing the Schmelts and Knicks rise they both won 6 straight and get more attention than us nationally, like every team does.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thank you Chicago!

Phoenix, get your ish together!!!

I guess NBARadio's day of proclaiming the Selltics being "BACK!" may have come prematurely?

Literally, that's what today was about.  Timely loss, baybee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Thank you Chicago!

Phoenix, get your ish together!!!

LOL @ Celtics and their delusional fanbase.  They've been all over social media saying how the they will sweep the Hawks in the playoffs or five games at most.   Y'all can't even beat the bulls with your two "allstars".  Miss me with all that ish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

We are now 4 games behind Milwaukee.

Their next 3 games are Philly, Philly and Atlanta.

There is blood in the water. Solo spoke on it, how they have a chance at 3. We need to handle our business, and handle them when we see them next.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 2:43 PM, aali34 said:

I was just talking about this in the last game thread 😆.

Come on home Lou Will. 

dn4eKuT.png

I think it's great how 23 and me and other similar products have blown up our concept about race. Race is really just a made up idea, the boundaries between various groups are essentially arbitrary. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think it's great how 23 and me and other similar products have blown up our concept about race. Race is really just a made up idea, the boundaries between various groups are essentially arbitrary. 

They havent though.  What version of reality are you living in?

Eta: That's like a wealthy guy taking in a deep breath of his carefully-conditioned air, taking a sip of cucumber water and thinking, "Gee capitalism sure has blown up our concept about poverty.  "Poor" is just a state of mind."

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They havent though.  What version of reality are you living in?

Eta: That's like a wealthy guy taking in a deep breath of his carefully-conditioned air, taking a sip of cucumber water and thinking, "Gee capitalism sure has blown up our concept about poverty.  "Poor" is just a state of mind."

I'm not talking about society, I mean from a scientific perspective.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I'm not talking about society, I mean from a scientific perspective.

That makes more sense.  Please accept my apologies for misinterpreting.

On topic though, don't look now but I'm thinking we caught GSW at a good time.  Curry goin off on folks.

• Like 1