• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Final_quest said:

I find it odd that mods are being asked to intervene for holding someone accountable for a prediction on a message board.   

I wasn't asked. I'm tired of high school cafeteria food fights being passed off as quality posting. I'm not asking anyone's permission or interested in a discussion. 

It's not funny, it's not productive, and all of us mods have better things to do. So knock it off.

• Like 2

Raptors didn't help us any today.  They lost their game VS the Knickerbockers..

:smug:

Milwaukee is 10 points ahead of the 76ers. Halftime.  Bucks are our next opponent, I believe.

:hi:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

I wasn't asked. I'm tired of high school cafeteria food fights being passed off as quality posting. I'm not asking anyone's permission or interested in a discussion. 

It's not funny, it's not productive, and all of us mods have better things to do. So knock it off.

Honest question since you are a Mod.

Why are a couple of particular posters allowed to constantly bring up what others say that they disagree with (especially doing so in a passive aggressive manner), but when others bring up the things he or they say that end up looking foolish, we get chastised by mods?  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lol saw that too.

Schlenk's offseason is looking real good

They didn't want to let him go, it was a financial decision. Had so much money committed to Fox and Buddy. Once we have to start paying the young guys, something similar could to happen to us. 

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They didn't want to let him go, it was a financial decision. Had so much money committed to Fox and Buddy. Once we have to start paying the young guys, something similar could to happen to us. 

Thus, they chose Hield.  They're not dumb.  They saw the timeline of when guys needed to be paid.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Once they get Ball and Hayward back, watch out. They are going to be a tough out.

Yeah, this year the 5 through 10 games are going to be the most interesting. ATL, MIA, NYC, and CHA will be super competitive with hungry fan bases pushing them on.  Then you have the play in teams like WAS, CHI, and IND. I believe one of these teams are going to catch the top three seeds sleeping. 

Same thing in the west. 

Is there anyone with ESPN+ nice enough to post the meaty parts of Pelton’s latest take on the Hawks’ surge?  He’s a little too nerdy for me, I much rather read the film/ stat balance of Lowe but I’m still interested in what he’s gonna say beyond the obvious Nate and Bogi praise.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is bad.   There should be some record requirement.  2 years ago the Lakers finished 10th in the conference.   11 games back of the Spurs and Clippers who had the 7&8 seed.  Can you imagine one of those teams getting knocked out of the playoffs and replaced with a team with 10 fewer wins all because you lose the last 2 games of the season?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Wow, can they at least wait to see how  it all shakes out. They may regret this if Luka, Boston, Steph, or any of their other darlings get bounced in a play in scenario.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

This is bad.   There should be some record requirement.  2 years ago the Lakers finished 10th in the conference.   11 games back of the Spurs and Clippers who had the 7&8 seed.  Can you imagine one of those teams getting knocked out of the playoffs and replaced with a team with 10 fewer wins all because you lose the last 2 games of the season?

I thought the #10 seed has to be within 4 games or something like that to qualify for the play-in or something like that.

• Like 1