• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020-2021 Season News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

2 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

but you went THERE.

I here I was thinking we were friends

Your better than Mario West bro. We are friends just playing around. I think you post more than Mario West played. Loved me some Mario though dude hustled.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Your better than Mario West bro. We are friends just playing around. I think you post more than Mario West played. Loved me some Mario though dude hustled.

Haha.  I miss Super Mario.  

but JR, though?  I guess it is fair after the Kontract comparison.  😋

L for love, Supes.  

Now if someone could teach me how to do gifs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Said about a week or so ago, we were about to learn just how high expectations have been set for this season, depending on what happens with the roster.

This pretty much nails down, for me, that #7-#10 is just fine.

I mean... think about this... here's a rotation if not starter quality asset at a position of most need... who clearly wasn't part of the ring-brat club ... and Schlenk didn't reportedly even voice mere interest.

Should one be irked by that?

Yeah, I think so.

Not from the perspective that acquiring a viable veteran big to back-up Capela was going to be the difference between making noise in the playoffs versus merely getting there... though sure, it at least would have been nice to aspire to that legitimate possibility...

But rather, just what the lack of interest in Dieng probably says about the lack of concern for basic wear-and-tear on Capela. Capela's plausibly going to have to amass appreciably more minutes than he would with a viable back-up that McM can insert.

So, not happy. Think it's short-sighted. Can still hold out hope for some vet big pick-up, but Dieng was one of the very few who would be a candidate to fill consequential minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I mean... think about this... here's a rotation if not starter quality asset at a position of most need... who clearly wasn't part of the ring-brat club ... and Schlenk didn't reportedly even voice mere interest.

Should one be irked by that?

Yeah, I think so.

Not from the perspective that acquiring a viable veteran big to back-up Capela was going to be the difference between making noise in the playoffs versus merely getting there... though sure, it at least would have been nice to aspire to that legitimate possibility...

But rather, just what the lack of interest in Dieng probably says about the lack of concern for basic wear-and-tear on Capela. Capela's plausibly going to have to amass appreciably more minutes than he would with a viable back-up that McM can insert.

So, not happy. Think it's short-sighted. Can still hold out hope for some vet big pick-up, but Dieng was one of the very few who would be a candidate to fill consequential minutes.

If anything, it means that Schlenk wants to see more out of Goodwin/Bruno before he decides to cut one of them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I knew you didn’t care about Sapphy! 😡 Don’t act like you don’t remember Saff and his stories about how his wife gets him all those cool 😎 Smitty jerseys, FOR GOD’S SAKE IT’S HIS TAR (ava)!!!!

@Sothron - Smitty

kg, you’re unbelievable!!!! 😠 

Haha, make him be Horford.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I knew you didn’t care about Sapphy! 😡 Don’t act like you don’t remember Saff and his stories about how his wife gets him all those cool 😎 Smitty jerseys, FOR GOD’S SAKE IT’S HIS TAR (ava)!!!!

@Sothron - Smitty

kg, you’re unbelievable!!!! 😠 

Thank you. If we're claiming former Hawks I got Smitty. All day, every day. He's my avatar, signature and my avatar on Twitter as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, sturt said:

Said about a week or so ago, we were about to learn just how high expectations have been set for this season, depending on what happens with the roster.

This pretty much nails down, for me, that #7-#10 is just fine.

Dieng went to a very stable organization to say the least. I would rate the Spurs a top 5 to 10 for low profile free agent attractiveness.  I think Schlenk wants to see more of Okongwu and maybe Knight and/or Fernando at center. This is my take on the Hawks and what is left of their season.

The Hawks have two reoccurring problems. Injuries and consistency. Hunter's procedure is going to cost him some more games. Swelling is expected with the one he had. Then they have Reddish and Dunn with injury concerns. Dunn is suppose to be back soon but he will still be rusty as heck. Reddish may not be back until the playin/playoff games. The lack of consistency goes mostly to Bogi and Huerter.

I think the Hawks are a solid 6th seed but only if they can resolve those two problems. Otherwise, its a playin in my opinion. I really don't think its settling on a playin. I think its more in tune with dancing with the one (s) who brought you.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why I wished we had gotten this guy to backup Capela.

I think we all would have liked to see that happen.  Agree with @sturt that it is disappointing to me if media reports are correct that the Hawks didn't pursue him.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think we all would have liked to see that happen.  Agree with @sturt that it is disappointing to me if media reports are correct that the Hawks didn't pursue him.

I would understand if their strategy is to give developmental minutes  to OO and live with the results in the W/L record, but he is playing like 5 minutes a game (not counting blowouts). I'm disappointed.  It just leaves us real thin when Capela misses games.  LOLomon is not the 'big' answer.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would understand if their strategy is to give developmental minutes  to OO and live with the results in the W/L record, but he is playing like 5 minutes a game (not counting blowouts). I'm disappointed.  It just leaves us real thin when Capela misses games.  LOLomon is not the 'big' answer.

I'm not good with him at PF let alone C.  He is a "break in case of emergency" player if we have other guys hurt.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Not sounding good for a #6 pick.

I think/hope he was referring to Solomon aka Lolomon.

That said, I can't think of much good to say about the #6 pick at this point.  Like, what is he?  Good thing is it should be expected that frontcourt players need time.  Right now tho ... smdh

• Like 3

Just now, kg01 said:

I think/hope he was referring to Solomon aka Lolomon.

That said, I can't think of much good to say about the #6 pick at this point.  Like, what is he?  Good thing is it should be expected that frontcourt players need time.  Right now tho ... smdh

Lolomon lol..... I get it now

• Haha 1