• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Simple Plan for the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

All this trade talk is not necessary.   I think the future is pretty simple... wait and see.  I was watching Hawks minicamp and they were talking to Coach Pierce... what I gained from his convo is that there's a lot of respect given to Hunter.   Coach said, he's never going to be the flashy player but he will be the player who can do the most important stuff.  He also said a few things about Huerter that gave me pause. 

That being the case,  I say this offseason has just been simplified.

Go after Joe Harris and Paul Millsap.   This gives us a compliment of shooters.   If you can trade Huerter and get something good like #2... do that.. and if we get number 2, get Avdiji or Edwards.  If not keep #6 and get somebody like Hayes or Nesmith. 

Pick up a vet PG like Augustin.  I think the demand for Teague is going to be too high. 

Simple plan.  We have to just wait and see what will happen with Reddish and Hunter.   I think they both may turn out to be really good for us.  Collins could possibly challenge for All star this year.

Right now is not a time for us to do too much moving.  Unless we can get Klay. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

All this trade talk is not necessary.   I think the future is pretty simple... wait and see.  I was watching Hawks minicamp and they were talking to Coach Pierce... what I gained from his convo is that there's a lot of respect given to Hunter.   Coach said, he's never going to be the flashy player but he will be the player who can do the most important stuff.  He also said a few things about Huerter that gave me pause. 

That being the case,  I say this offseason has just been simplified.

Go after Joe Harris and Paul Millsap.   This gives us a compliment of shooters.   If you can trade Huerter and get something good like #2... do that.. and if we get number 2, get Avdiji or Edwards.  If not keep #6 and get somebody like Hayes or Nesmith. 

Pick up a vet PG like Augustin.  I think the demand for Teague is going to be too high. 

Simple plan.  We have to just wait and see what will happen with Reddish and Hunter.   I think they both may turn out to be really good for us.  Collins could possibly challenge for All star this year.

Right now is not a time for us to do too much moving.  Unless we can get Klay. 

We have a ridiculous amount of money to spend. I'm personally for picking Hayes at 6 if he's there.

One player I'd really like to look at is Demarcus Cousins.  I don't think he's going to command a salary equivalent to his skill set and I'd much rather Cousins get 20 minutes a game than Dedmon.

Although there will be interest in Teague, there just isn't much money to spend right now. $6-$7 million per year (just have to be solidly above the Mid level exception for tax payers). 

I'd be okay with bringing back Taurean Prince if he'll accept a role behind Hunter. But I'm the most interested in finding a backup 4 who can hit a 3 at 37% or higher and one more wing behind the kids.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, thecampster said:

We have a ridiculous amount of money to spend. I'm personally for picking Hayes at 6 if he's there.

One player I'd really like to look at is Demarcus Cousins.  I don't think he's going to command a salary equivalent to his skill set and I'd much rather Cousins get 20 minutes a game than Dedmon.

Although there will be interest in Teague, there just isn't much money to spend right now. $6-$7 million per year (just have to be solidly above the Mid level exception for tax payers). 

I'd be okay with bringing back Taurean Prince if he'll accept a role behind Hunter. But I'm the most interested in finding a backup 4 who can hit a 3 at 37% or higher and one more wing behind the kids.

You had me at 'Hayes'.🤩

A lot of people think Cousins just re-ups with LAL for the Howard role though.  Seems to make sense considering the big payday is unlikely for him now.

I wish an option better than Teague emerges but I'd begrudgingly welcome him back if I have to.

Agree with your last paragraph, for the most part, although I still remain doubtful Printz is open to a backup role.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, thecampster said:

BU Four = Millsap. 

I think our most need is SG.. which is where I have Joe Harris going.   As far as the 3 spot... Let Hunter and Reddish platoon that. 

BPA for Draft.   I'm not interested in trading Hunter or Reddish at this point unless we get somebody bonafide back. 

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You had me at 'Hayes'.🤩

A lot of people think Cousins just re-ups with LAL for the Howard role though.  Seems to make sense considering the big payday is unlikely for him now.

I wish an option better than Teague emerges but I'd begrudgingly welcome him back if I have to.

Agree with your last paragraph, for the most part, although I still remain doubtful Printz is open to a backup role.

Yall act like Teague don't have choices. 

I'm willing to say that one of the LA teams reach out and take Teague.  He says that he wants to win.  He's at that stage in his career where winning comes before getting a one year deal that nets him 1 million more dollars.  And Playoff Rondo is really Bubble Rondo.  Bad Reg Season + Good Bubble Season.

If I could predict I say that Somebody like LAC or Milwaukee or Philly goes big for Rondo and Teague goes LAl.

30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'm willing to say that one of the LA teams reach out and take Teague.  He says that he wants to win.  He's at that stage in his career where winning comes before getting a one year deal that nets him 1 million more dollars.  And Playoff Rondo is really Bubble Rondo.  Bad Reg Season + Good Bubble Season.

If I could predict I say that Somebody like LAC or Milwaukee or Philly goes big for Rondo and Teague goes LAl.

No one's "acting" like anything.  Obviously he has choices.  My flippant attitude is indicative of the degree to which I'd like him back.  If he signs. he signs.  If not, move on.  That's all.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No one's "acting" like anything.  Obviously he has choices.  My flippant attitude is indicative of the degree to which I'd like him back.  If he signs. he signs.  If not, move on.  That's all.

Yeah!.... Y'all "acting" like Teague is a 7'5" Michael Jordan. 

• Haha 2

Unless Teague wants to stay in Atlanta for the vet minimum, and he will not, he's good as gone, I believe.

That is one reason I hope that the Hawks draft Tyrese Haliburton!  He would be a great back up for Trae and could play a little #2 guard with Trae.

😃

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

The teams where he has a chance to win at the highest level can only offer him the tax paying MLE (if its available to them) and that's about 6 mil.  For Teague, he can get a bit more of that from us here and with lower taxes.  He's not going to capitalize on marketing at his current play level so basically its a few less million for a shot at glory or a few more million with a defined role and people that like him. He's not going to be super high on people's spending list. He won't get 10 mil a year...we're probably the highest payers.

• Thanks 1

I really want a major upgrade at SG, and we've got the money. Barring something major like trading for Booker, I'd like to see us go for broke with FVV as starting SG and back up PG. 

I know it's unlikely, and some seem to think it's a bad fit bc it would be a small backcourt, but I think we could make it work. FVV is no slouch on D. Add defensive improvement from Cam, Hunter, and Collins, plus a major upgrade with Capela leads me to think we could offset some backcourt defensive deficiencies. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Say what you will, but it sounded like you were saying... (with your flippant attitude)...  Teague will be around so if we have to we can sign him.   When the truth is that Teague is the 2nd PG in this FA class.  You must have forgot what it was like before Teague came back. I remember which is why my attitude towards him is not so flippant.  Hello Brandon Goodwin.. and the disaster of Bembry and Turner playing BU PG.   Or maybe Now... Jaylen Adams can get the ball past halfcourt??

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I really want a major upgrade at SG, and we've got the money. Barring something major like trading for Booker, I'd like to see us go for broke with FVV as starting SG and back up PG. 

I know it's unlikely, and some seem to think it's a bad fit bc it would be a small backcourt, but I think we could make it work. FVV is no slouch on D. Add defensive improvement from Cam, Hunter, and Collins, plus a major upgrade with Capela leads me to think we could offset some backcourt defensive deficiencies. 

That my friend is the Eric Gordon Argument.   FVV is no slouch and I believe that our defensive woes with Trae can be worked out with a zone.  However, I just believe Harris would be a great fit because of his shooting.  Beside Trae, I can see Harris being a 43% shooter from 3.  He's the next closest thing to Kyle Korver that the league has.  As far as FVV... he needs to go somewhere and be a starting PG next to a Big SG.  Hello San Antonio.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Say what you will, but it sounded like you were saying... (with your flippant attitude)...  Teague will be around so if we have to we can sign him.   When the truth is that Teague is the 2nd PG in this FA class.  You must have forgot what it was like before Teague came back. I remember which is why my attitude towards him is not so flippant.  Hello Brandon Goodwin.. and the disaster of Bembry and Turner playing BU PG.   Or maybe Now... Jaylen Adams can get the ball past halfcourt??

Any PG would have been better than Evan 'Punch Face' Turner, that's not saying much. If the Hawks can get a better backup than Teague, make it so.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Here are the top 15 guys who could fill a PG spot and where I rank them.  Any of them would be a huge upgrade to what we had last year before Teague came on board:

Tier 1

Fred VanVleet

----

Tier 2

Mike Conley

Goran Dragic

Kris Dunn

----

Tier 3

Rajon Rondo

Jordan Clarkson

----

Tier 4

Jeff Teague

DJ Augustin

Reggie Jackson

Austin Rivers

De'Anthony Melton

----

Tier 5

Shabazz Napier

Michael Carter-Williams

Jose Juan Barea

Emmanuel Mudiay

Brad Wanamaker

Jevon Carter

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

FVV is effective because he plays next to a bulldog PG on defense in Lowry.  Trae is not that.

I see you have removed that bigass sig:

image.png  Love it!:laugh1:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

2nd PG?  We simply disagree then.

And a wobbly traffic cone would've been an upgrade over our backup pg situation last year so, saying he's better than that lot isn't saying much.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Here are the top 15 guys who could fill a PG spot and where I rank them.  Any of them would be a huge upgrade to what we had last year before Teague came on board:

Tier 1

Fred VanVleet

----

Tier 2

Mike Conley

Goran Dragic

Kris Dunn

----

Tier 3

Rajon Rondo

Jordan Clarkson

----

Tier 4

Jeff Teague

DJ Augustin

Reggie Jackson

Austin Rivers

De'Anthony Melton

----

Tier 5

Shabazz Napier

Michael Carter-Williams

Jose Juan Barea

Emmanuel Mudiay

Brad Wanamaker

Jevon Carter

I don't have a problem with your system.  However, for the BU PG spot, I'm not spending more than the MLE so I have highlighted some guys off your list.  While I like Dunn, he's certainly too high dollar for us.   Some of these guys don't really bring what we need.  Clarkson is Evan Turner pt 2.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

2nd PG?  We simply disagree then.

And a wobbly traffic cone would've been an upgrade over our backup pg situation last year so, saying he's better than that lot isn't saying much.

We can disagree.. but you're better off with some facts.

CBS calls Teague #4.  I say #3 because I don't think MCJ is going to opt out. 

Same with this guy.

Same with Hoopshype.

So... while you are in your bubble...  disagreeing...  The Wobbly Traffic cone seems to be top 5 on everybody's list.