• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't be so quick to discount what Capela can provide. We are winning because of defense, we still need that and rebounding from him. He can still do this:

Capela said he's helping him become more vocal and when he gets it - look out!

I'm not saying we give Capela away but it is crystal clear that OO is the future at center. We can't waste his rookie contract years as a backup where he doesn't get the minutes and time with the first team to truly develop.

If we can move Capela plus other pieces for an upgrade at SG or SF then I'm all for it.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, Buzzard said:

My top three for us were Deni, Haliburton and Okongwu, I have wanted Okongwo the most for over a month. Thank @Spud2nique for that. After reading up on him, I became convinced he not only had the best day one ability of any freshman, I also think he can be the best two way big in this draft.

I still like Deni and Haliburton but think both could end up with lower ceilings than Okongwu.

Yes sirrrr! Haven’t seen the Buzzer around these parts. Same with @Thomas. Hope you are both well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's special.

Yes ma’am. Game changer. Tomorrow he might take Ant’s lunch too. That would make Embiid, Giannis, KAT, Tatum and AD…  stay very tuned. 

As fun as Trae is on offense to watch, OO is on the other end to me. Must see TV. 

With the way Collins is going on D, OO is rubbing off on him for sure, no doubt, JC is learning from the younger guy and that’s perfectly fine, OO picks up things from Capela and JC from OO. Sharing and helping like a true Atlanta Fam….

image.gif.e939f4b0f32d5127fdda2c2e781da97a.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes ma’am. Game changer. Tomorrow he might take Ant’s lunch too. That would make Embiid, Giannis, KAT, Tatum and AD…  stay very tuned. 

As fun as Trae is on offense to watch, OO is on the other end to me. Must see TV. 

With the way Collins is going on D, OO is rubbing off on him for sure, no doubt, JC is learning from the younger guy and that’s perfectly fine, OO picks up things from Capela and JC from OO. Sharing and helping like a true Atlanta Fam….

image.gif.e939f4b0f32d5127fdda2c2e781da97a.gif

I agree. I can't keep my eyes off OO on defense. He is really locked in, flying around, and making highlight reel plays in defense every night.

JC, his block on Tatum was absolutely ridiculous. We showed up in a big way to put the C's in their place last night 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 1/27/2022 at 7:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I wouldn't be so quick to discount what Capela can provide. We are winning because of defense, we still need that and rebounding from him. He can still do this:

Capela said he's helping him become more vocal and when he gets it - look out!

He still makes plenty of rookie mistakes. It's crazy to think how good he'll be in a few years. I was a big time detractor of him last year, especially his size to play Center, but I was wrong. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 1/27/2022 at 9:40 AM, Sothron said:

I'm not saying we give Capela away but it is crystal clear that OO is the future at center. We can't waste his rookie contract years as a backup where he doesn't get the minutes and time with the first team to truly develop.

If we can move Capela plus other pieces for an upgrade at SG or SF then I'm all for it.

I love what Cap has done for the Hawks, he was our regular season MVP last season. But his Achilles concerns me, and we are gonna have to pay Okongwu so whether we move him or not Cap isn't gonna play his next contract with us. We'd be stupid not to shop him next season. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I love what Cap has done for the Hawks, he was our regular season MVP last season. But his Achilles concerns me, and we are gonna have to pay Okongwu so whether we move him or not Cap isn't gonna play his next contract with us. We'd be stupid not to shop him next season. 

Having a center that could actually hit free throws would be a great thing to have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1