• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

This is right but other teams seem to get their high profile guys on these lists so much more easily than we do.  They get guys on who played fewer games but we don't.  He is #2 in WS/48 and #1 overall in his draft class in PER.  He is clearly among the most talented and productive -- but it is legit that he missed a ton of time.

If Okonguw played in New York I would bet a large chunk of my net worth he would be in the game. 

• Like 3

Is the reoccurring theme of our players having wait for their respect.

OO undoubtedly will continue to ball out and if he stays healthy, should really make an impact in the playoffs. This is where he will make a name for himself and put the league on notice. It's down the road. It would be nice to have that recognition now, especially since he will have missed his rising stars window, just like Dre and Cam before him. But it is what it is.

We can only control what we can.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

My thoughts on OO.

I think that early in his career, there was a great disservice done.  He played with the Ball brothers and that stunted his growth.  They just expected him to rebound and play defense.  He's good at that but he never learned the nuances of playing offense until now.   You see it when he plays.   He just doesn't have the recognition yet, but he's getting it.

That also means that USC dropped the ball too, but I don't know if he played there long enough. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I know it's cliche to say but he plays hungry.    Not that fake-hustle Keith Brooking hungry. That Infectious hungry were the guys around you feel like crap for not giving half the effort.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I love the way Onyeka has played this year, but he's still a rookie IMO. No reason to hand over all of the minutes just yet, Cap is still the veteran and more consistent player. We are in a perfect situation right now at C with both of those guys in the team at their respective stages of their careers. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I love the way Onyeka has played this year, but he's still a rookie IMO. No reason to hand over all of the minutes just yet, Cap is still the veteran and more consistent player. We are in a perfect situation right now at C with both of those guys in the team at their respective stages of their careers. 

Eggsactly.  It's ok to have a C rotation with two good players.  Folks too eager to turn a strength into a weakness.

The second Capela gets traded we'll be all, "Man we need another good big...."

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Eggsactly.  It's ok to have a C rotation with two good players.  Folks too eager to turn a strength into a weakness.

The second Capela gets traded we'll be all, "Man we need another good big...."

I think it'll probably have to happen at some point, but further down the line not now. 

• Like 3