• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thoughts on Okongwu?

gsuteke

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

It looks like Okongwu is the real deal, but I’m glad we got 30 more games plus post season to assess.  

Right now it looks like Trae can just throw it up at the rim and either Collins or Okongwu can get it.  

Pick your poison, give up the lob or give up the floater. I don't think I've ever seen a player master that little in between game the way Trae has. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I find it laughable to see some of the names on the Rising Stars list where OO would be. I mean he's not on that level? Please. The NBA really does hate the Hawks.

22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He didn’t get named to rising stars

huge chip on his shoulder turns into championship

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I find it laughable to see some of the names on the Rising Stars list where OO would be. I mean he's not on that level? Please. The NBA really does hate the Hawks.

Just makes em look like bigger fools when Onyeka aka the Ox busses dey a**es.

(Yeah I'm sizin' up new nicknames for 2023.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

It's because he's only played in 18 games this season and last season he was out injured too.  

I don't think it's that big of a snub.  You have to award availability.  He's way better than most on that list though. 

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is right but other teams seem to get their high profile guys on these lists so much more easily than we do.  They get guys on who played fewer games but we don't.  He is #2 in WS/48 and #1 overall in his draft class in PER.  He is clearly among the most talented and productive -- but it is legit that he missed a ton of time.

I've been very impressed with his progress. I was on the Ant Man, Lamelo, Wiseman bandwagon.  I thought OO was a meh pick.  He's proved me wrong.  I'm so excited by his play as a big man with so little actual development time and time on the court. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've been very impressed with his progress. I was on the Ant Man, Lamelo, Wiseman bandwagon.  I thought OO was a meh pick.  He's proved me wrong.  I'm so excited by his play as a big man with so little actual development time and time on the court. 

I'm in roughly the same bucket.  Very happy with him.  Kudos to Spud and others who were pumping him from predraft.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Wiseman? Seems he may have had another setback in his return?