• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I think people have him confused with Bojan. These are his first 3 years in the league. He's 28....there is no bigger "upside". This is who he is.  I'll go on record now and say this was not a good idea. We overpaid with other options on the table.

Season Team Type G Min FGM FGA FG% 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% OR DR Reb Ast TO Stl Blk Pts
Total - Reg 209 28:10 5.0 11.5 43.4 2.0 5.5 37.4 1.5 1.9 80.6 0.5 2.8 3.2 3.5 1.6 1.0 0.2 13.5
2017-18 SAC Reg 78 27:53 4.4 9.9 44.6 1.7 4.2 39.2 1.3 1.5 84.0 0.4 2.5 2.9 3.3 1.6 0.9 0.2 11.8
2018-19 SAC Reg 70 27:49 5.2 12.3 41.8 1.9 5.3 36.0 1.9 2.3 82.7 0.6 2.9 3.5 3.8 1.7 1.0 0.2 14.1
2019-20 SAC Reg 61 28:57 5.5 12.6 44.0 2.7 7.2 37.2 1.4 1.9 74.1 0.4 3.0 3.4 3.4 1.7 1.0 0.2 15.1

What would you do with the $?

Per Chris Krischner, 

https://theathletic.com/2214382/2020/11/22/atlanta-hawks-nba-free-agency/ 

And because they were able to use the room exception for Dunn and preserve their cap space, they had enough money to offer Sacramento guard Bogdan Bogdanovic a four-year, $72 million offer sheet. The Kings have 48 hours to match and keep Bogdanovic, but sources are led to believe they will not match and that Bogdanovic will join the Hawks on Tuesday.

Depth has been an issue for the Hawks in the two years Lloyd Pierce has coached the team. Now, he has options at every position on the roster. Here’s a look at what the depth chart could look like on opening night:

Potential Hawks depth chart
  POIN GUARD SHOOTING GUARD SMALL FORWARD POWER FORWARD CENTER
Starter
Trae Young
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Cam Reddish
John Collins
Clint Capela
Bench
Rajon Rondo
Kevin Huerter
De'Andre Hunter
Danilo Gallinari
Onyeka Okongwu
Bench
Brandon Goodwin
Kris Dunn
Tony Snell

Bruno Fernando
Bench

Skylar Mays

Nathan Knight (two-way)

That's hella depth and versatility.  Travis did yeoman's work.  I think the third PF will be Skal. 

Also, from a separate article

Why the Hawks want Bogdanovic

Chris Kirschner, Hawks beat writer: The Hawks needed to add a proven secondary playmaker and shooter to pair with Trae Young in the backcourt this offseason. They needed to find a long-term option to pair Young with, and they believe Bogdanovic is that player. Bogdanovic shot 37 percent from 3 this past season but more importantly, him being on the floor with Young would alleviate some of the pressure that their star point guard has felt in his first two seasons. This is a major move and a signal to Young that they're ready to win.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This was mentioned elsewhere. If this ends up happening a lot of fans are envious over all the players/assets in Atlanta now. One person talked about a disgruntled star that likes what he sees in Atlanta may approve Atl as a trade destination.

Adding Capela, Gallinari, Bogdan, and Rondo would be huge for Atlanta's rep in the league.

All of this and the fact that every contract is for a great value and tradeable if it comes down to that. Price and length of them are easy to move if we want to go after someone in the future.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

This! Why I love this move. He's played SF his whole career despite really being a SG but ALWAYS held more than his own on defense. 

He's going to bring so much more spacing for Trae sheerly on his aggressiveness on shooting 3s. People are looking at his 3 point percentage but don't see his aggressiveness of shooting that shot. Almost 60% of his shots are 3s. Like 7 or 8 a game.  Well defended or not, he can get his shots off due to his quick high release and really is good uncontested. This puts a ton of pressure on the player guarding him to NOT help on traps. Didn't get a lot of uncontested 3s because the Kings spacing is so ass.  Will get so many more spot ups here because Trae commands so much attention. 

It's literally the perfect fit. Not only that, he can give you good mins at the 1 and at the 3. 

Agree 100%, I love this move even if thecampster is down on it.  I gneuinely don't think the deal is overpriced given what we've seen other guys go for.  My favorite thing about him is he lets it rip from behind the arc, no hesitation.  Like you said, defenses have to respect that which really opens things up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This was mentioned elsewhere. If this ends up happening a lot of fans are envious over all the players/assets in Atlanta now. One person talked about a disgruntled star that likes what he sees in Atlanta may approve Atl as a trade destination.

Adding Capela, Gallinari, Bogdan, and Rondo would be huge for Atlanta's rep in the league.

Exactly.  You have to have assets, an upwards trajectory, and an existing star to get the next piece to the puzzle via trade.

Someone will want to come play with Trae and company.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diesel dijo:

Let's be real.  We could have gotten the product that BB is going to give for far less than 4 and 72. 

I think we jumped out there on BB because we felt that he would be like the other BB and we saw how other teams were willing to go after him.  Nothing about him... thus far suggests to me that he's about to break out. 

Next time, I will compare him to Baze.

I don't think there was any other quality wing available, he is a starter in 2/3 of the teams.

• Like 2