• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

No... He's not.  We've made an offer that if it goes through, we will have him for the whole 4.    We're over paying BUs in Atlanta. 

Sometimes we have to do things that we dont want to do but this is the best chance to show Trae, JC and NBA that we are serious about taking that next step up and since we dont get any stars from FA, we got to get them when we can.

hace 10 minutos, Diesel dijo:

No but he would not have cost us 4/72.    This is as bad an overpay as Bazemore. 

I  cannot agree with you Diesel, Bogdan is an useful player on a west conference team, Baze did not play significant minutes on any team on the league till he arrived, he played on the Hawks and did well because of Bud system, he did not had the tools Bogdan has.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well I do hope we get him. 4 yr/72 mil is a hefty commitment though. 

I don't see the downside. The Hawks will have a starting caliber SG for 4 years.  They have a clean sheet for the most part and have the ability to sign all their current players when the time comes. Even if 4/72 is an overpay (most ive seen say otherwise), its still one player and it isn't a max deal that limits other transactions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't see the downside. The Hawks will have a starting caliber SG for 4 years.  They have a clean sheet for the most part and have the ability to sign all their current players when the time comes. Even if 4/72 is an overpay (most ive seen say otherwise), its still one player and it isn't a max deal that limits other transactions. 

Yea I agree, Im trying to hedge my bets against disappointment if Sac matches. Sure as heck beats paying bums on the bench like last year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Yea I agree, Im trying to hedge my bets against disappointment if Sac matches. Sure as heck beats paying bums on the bench like last year.

Kangz matches or not, they are in a bind and unless Buddy gets traded to a TEAM WITH CAP SPACE, it is going to be very very hard and you can see why many people thinking that they will not match.

But if they do match then they are going to be screwed for a while.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I feel like John has a lot more to his game that he hasn’t been able to showcase because of how we use him. He definitely worth the money.

My only problem with him is availability. he’s hurt our last 2 seasons by not being available. The ankle injury that had him miss the first 15-20 games of his 2nd year and the 25 game suspension last season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah, love me some Collins but if he were to get a Tatum deal... I wouldn't be a fan of that at all

If we don't pay him, someone else will.

We've stepped our toe in the water to see how warm or cold the water is.  This is NOT the time to act like we're not ready to swim.

Teams that would gladly pay for Collins' services

• Houston
  • Orlando
  • NY Knicks
  • Cleveland
  • Washington
  • LA Clippers

All of those teams would either make room, or sign and trade for a top notch big man like Collins.

Keep in mind folks, this team was borderline all-time bad without Collins in the lineup. ( 4 - 21 ).

Also, it's not Collins' fault that the coach refuses to call plays for him and utilize all of his offensive talents.  The talent is there.  It's always been there.

• Like 3

I like JC a lot, but to me the prudent thing to do is wait. Let's see how it all fits together this year before committing to a huge contract. Not sure why there's a rush to extend now just because you can. Remember JC and Capela haven't even played together. Let alone adding in Big O, Gallo, and the rest. 

Let it breathe. See how the season goes and then make your decision. 

• Like 4