• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Really?  You are comparing a guy who has consistently shown he can contribute to One quarter Crawford?

🤦‍♂️

Let's be real.  We could have gotten the product that BB is going to give for far less than 4 and 72. 

I think we jumped out there on BB because we felt that he would be like the other BB and we saw how other teams were willing to go after him.  Nothing about him... thus far suggests to me that he's about to break out. 

Next time, I will compare him to Baze.

• Confused 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Really?  You are comparing a guy who has consistently shown he can contribute to One quarter Crawford?

🤦‍♂️

Bogi is a dynamic player who has shown he can score, run an offense and hit the three.  He has even played a little D from time to time ... he is exactly the costar Trae needs in the backcourt ... someone to help take the pressure off.  
Crawford had a great quarter in the playoffs one year and because we couldn’t find another small forward we foolishly gave him a way to big contract ... there is nothing similar here 

• Thanks 4

• Admin
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bogi defense is decent and he has a 6'10 wingspan. He's not Kevin on that end. 

I like Kev a lot and look forward to his sixth man offense but Bogi is also a better shot creator and much better ball handler ... they aren’t the same player but it’s nice to have them both as options 

• Like 3

Just now, bleachkit said:

Who are the Sac insiders claiming they wont match? 

None. I don't think they know yet. Those terms make it extremely hard. The biggest issue is that trade kicker and keeping him means his contract is bad. You might not get an asset for him but you gotta find someone who can take him. On top of that, it tough to do. That's why they were shopping the hell outta him but his value just isn't worth an asset. SAC would just be wise to let him go. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

And now...we wait.

I suppose I could go look through the FA rankings and see if there's any upside forwards out there for the minimum. Or watch TV? Do the bills?

I would like Baynes if this falls through. That means he has to be available Tuesday night which is not likely.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Bobby Marks says they have no reason not to match. 

I just don’t see him having big trade value a year from now with a 15% kicker.  In the meantime, you are sidelining your lottery pick for a year for a guy who has no future with the team.

So why go through through a year of down time paying out $18M and hurting your draft pick the following season?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Great I feel good about our new starting backcourt Trae & Bogi 

Trae/Bogi/Hunter/Gallo/Capela..

Rondo/Huerter/Cam/Collins/Okungwu

Dunn/Snell/Bruno/Goodwin

I started Gallo over Collins for Supes.......... lol..

Man I love Travis's style... I'm so glad we didn't offer an asset in a sign in trade like PHO tricked us into doing with Joe Johnson. Of course the ASG was too stupid to look at their cap situation and know that would have crippled them. But not Travis. 

Travis seems to be good at walking a mile in another man's moccasins. Meaning he's putting himself in SACs situation and wondering if he were them, what would he do? Well, there's a supposedly stacked draft class next summer and King's aren't expected to make the playoffs.... would a smart GM try to compete but certainly fall short of the playoffs? Or tear it down and look toward that draft for their next superstar. Matching Bogi would certainly lessen their chances and cap them out. 

Get em Travis. And don't give up any assets if we don't have to. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I just don’t see him having big trade value a year from now with a 15% kicker.  In the meantime, you are sidelining your lottery pick for a year for a guy who has no future with the team.

So why go through through a year of down time paying out $18M and hurting your draft pick the following season?

I agree. They were ready to SNT him for DD and expiring filler. I don't think they want to match this at all.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1