• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Free Agency 2020!!

capstone21

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Can you provide some links? I have looked and dont see anything.

Also, see my above post regarding Chris' sources saying Sac is not likely to match.  There's a few more I saw too.  To be fair, a lot of the carpologist folks are saying Sac should match. 

Also, did some reading up on the trade kicker, which is likely why Sacramento won't match. 

There's a no trade clause for the first year and a player option for the fourth year.  Travis did this because the trade kicker must be spread over the remaining non-option years of the contract. In the final three years, Bogi will be owed about $54 million.  If traded, Sacramento  will have to pay the $8.1 million on the trade.  However, the team trading for Bogi will have an additional salary cap hit of $4.025 million the first year and $4.025 the second year.  This brings his total salary cap hit to  $23 the first year he's traded and $22 million the second.  

That's a big difference for a contender.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Agree 100%, I love this move even if thecampster is down on it.  I gneuinely don't think the deal is overpriced given what we've seen other guys go for.  My favorite thing about him is he lets it rip from behind the arc, no hesitation.  Like you said, defenses have to respect that which really opens things up.

Just is so weird to me people would have been ok paying Hayward 25 and not cool paying Bogi 18. I think he's better than Hayward. Hayward had 2 superstar players and way better supporting cast and put up marginally better numbers.

Bogi has been dealing with defenders bigger than him his whole NBA career and gave them business. Put him at SG and watch him take off. Fox is not even on the same planet as Trae with court vision. He will actively look for Bogi and Bogi will pay teams pay severely for trapping Trae. Not to mention, he will play MUCH better defense than Huerter. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Just is so weird to me people would have been ok paying Hayward 25 and not cool paying Bogi 18. I think he's better than Hayward. Hayward had 2 superstar players and way better supporting cast and put up marginally better numbers.

Bogi has been dealing with defenders bigger than him his whole NBA career and gave them business. Put him at SG and watch him take off. Fox is not even on the same planet as Trae with court vision. He will actively look for Bogi and Bogi will pay teams pay severely for trapping Trae. Not to mention, he will play MUCH better defense than Huerter. 

I do think Hayward is the better player but this offseason represents turning the corner for his team and Bogi can be a significant part of that rotation.

• Like 2

image.gifBogdaaaaan!

I will hold my breath for next 48 hours, but....Bogdaaaan!

This is the only FA in Hawks history I’ve seen so much solid movement and signings to get some great depth. Usually there is one or two decent names but we hit on a lot.  This also doesn’t stop us from future signings if players want to come here. We have some short contracts and assets to move down the road if need be. Loving this off-season. Playoffs or bust!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

This will be his 4th year in the NBA.  He was an older when he came over.  There were not many BETTER options, there may have been more reasonable options. 

In the Bubble, I know @kg01 take the bubble with a major grain of salt, these are his games

DATE OPP RESULT MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Thu 8/13 @LALLAL 27 11-23 47.8 5-11 45.5 0-0 0.0 6 9 0 2 0 1 27
Tue 8/11 vsNONO 38 7-10 70.0 1-2 50.0 1-1 100.0 6 7 0 2 0 4 16
Sun 8/9 vsHOUHOU 36 5-12 41.7 2-8 25.0 1-2 50.0 5 8 1 1 3 4 13
Fri 8/7 @BKNBKN 34 11-19 57.9 4-8 50.0 1-1 100.0 6 2 0 0 4 3 27
Thu 8/6 vsNONO 37 13-20 65.0 6-9 66.7 3-3 100.0 4 3 0 1 3 0 35
Tue 8/4 vsDALDAL 21 1-15 6.7 1-8 12.5 0-0 0.0 3 2 0 1 3 0 3
Sun 8/2 @ORLORL 31 4-13 30.8 2-4 50.0 2-2 100.0 4 5 0 1 3 0 12

DATE OPP RESULT MIN FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
Fri 7/31 @SASA 32 8-15 53.3 6-11 54.5 2-2 100.0 2 2 0 2 2 1 24

That's 19.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 4.75 assists on 47.2% shooting and 45% from three.  If you're getting that player, it's well worth the money.  The bubble was generally the next season for young players, although Bogdon's 28, he's only three years into his NBA career and could def make improvements to his game. 

I'm not expecting the above statline.  However, this team can def use his shooting and playmaking ability. 

Not just anybody can have three consecutive games with 8, 7 and 9 assists. I’d love to see what he can do here playing next to Trae, scoring and ball handling wise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

We would have immediately regretted the contract it would have took to sign Hayward. And it would have been impossible to move.

Bogi is a slightly lesser player but his contract leaves us flexible later on if we have regrets. He wont sink us. Hayward would have.

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

So McNair is totally back into a corner right now, keep Bogo but you don't have cap space to improve or let him go without any compensation and they are no where near any hope of getting a playoff spot .  Tough choice there, don't want to be in his shoes.

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

So McNair is totally back into a corner right now, keep Bogo but you don't have cap space to improve or let him go without any compensation and they are no where near any hope of getting a playoff spot .  Tough choice there, don't want to be in his shoes.

Why didnt we just negotiate a sign and trade to avoid this? I hope we didn't pull an Ainge with the hardball stuff blowing up in our face.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also, see my above post regarding Chris' sources saying Sac is not likely to match.  There's a few more I saw too.  To be fair, a lot of the carpologist folks are saying Sac should match. 

Also, did some reading up on the trade kicker, which is likely why Sacramento won't match. 

There's a no trade clause for the first year and a player option for the fourth year.  Travis did this because the trade kicker must be spread over the remaining non-option years of the contract. In the final three years, Bogi will be owed about $54 million.  If traded, Sacramento  will have to pay the $8.1 million on the trade.  However, the team trading for Bogi will have an additional salary cap hit of $4.025 million the first year and $4.025 the second year.  This brings his total salary cap hit to  $23 the first year he's traded and $22 million the second.  

That's a big difference for a contender.

Michelle and Travis on this one. Michelle the best capologist in the NBA and Travis showing that he's an excellent GM. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Not only will they be over the cap and not in the playoffs but BB will prevent this year’s lottery pick from developing and hurt their pick next year leaving them trying to deal him with the trade kicker for enough value to make up the difference.  

If I’m in their shoes, I’m shopping Buddy hard and passing on Bogi if I can’t deal Hield.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Why didnt we just negotiate a sign and trade to avoid this? I hope we didn't pull an Ainge with the hardball stuff blowing up in our face.

We clearly tried to do that.  It is why so many people were on the site wondering why no sheet had been signed.  They were trying to work out a deal with Sacramento.  I want us to sign BB but he is still a price point guy and if they were demanding we give additional assets that pushed the value beyond our ceiling then taking this gamble is logical.

• Like 3