• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2020-21 The Current Ask Supes

Gray Mule

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is some bs. This would be the first Schlenk dumb draft move.

If it had credence, it would. Its media bro. That's all but yes, hearing Wesserman say it is alarming. O'Connor is bunk central but Wass generally tries to get accurate data.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Sharpe, you say, Mr. O'Connor?

That would be a bit of a surprise/reach. Just sayin.

EDIT:

To clarify, range of most recent high-profile mocks has him b/t 20-39, average 28, median 27, mode 25

2021-07-29_10-36-20.png

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, AHF said:

Think of it this way in simpler terms:

Under no circumstances will another team sign JC to an offer sheet and have the Hawks waive goodbye to him ala Bogi. 

They will try to sign him to a team approved deal first.  If he wants to sign with another team for more than we want, we will look to get a meaningful S&T offer.  If he simply signs an offer sheet with another team or they don't give us a meaningful offer, we won't back off and let him go like Sacto but will match.  He is either coming back here or getting moved on a deal that TS approves.

Ok.  My apologies Supes.   I appreciate all the info but i thought there was something i was missing.   Travis said this basically 3 months ago that there was  no way they would just let him walk away for nothing.   What i want to hear is he's going to be a Hawk next year. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Your boy @kg01

The Atlanta Hawks are reportedly shopping the No. 20 pick in the 2021 NBA draft and small forward Cam Reddish in an effort to move up.

According to The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor, the Hawks have been gauging the interest of teams picking late in the lottery during Thursday night's event.

O'Connor noted the Hawks might target North Carolina big man Day'Ron Sharpe if they can get into the lottery.

Kevin oconner, doesn’t he work for Bill Simmons and the Celtics lol. Ya, no Kev, I’m not buyin it.

Sharpe isn't even projected to go in the first round in most mock drafts.  Why would the Hawks trade up into the lottery to get him?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Sharpe isn't even projected to go in the first round in most mock drafts.  Why would the Hawks trade up into the lottery to get him?

Someone's feeding him bad intel. At least let the rumor make some sort of sense.

To add, if the Hawks were to trade up, then I'm 95% certain it would be to get ahead of Golden State to take Duarte.  Sharpe isn't even the big they will take if they decide to go that direction.  If they take a big, it will be Isaiah Jackson.  

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Your boy @kg01

O'Connor noted the Hawks might target North Carolina big man Day'Ron Sharpe if they can get into the lottery.

Kevin oconner, doesn’t he work for Bill Simmons and the Celtics lol. Ya, no Kev, I’m not buyin it.

Am I the source on this?  Judging by "journalistic" standards, I probably am.

Who on here is O'Connor disguised as a "hawks fan"?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Am I the source on this?  Judging by "journalistic" standards, I probably am.

Who on here is O'Connor disguised as a "hawks fan"?

O'Connor said Atlanta offered JC to MIN for a future 1st during the deadline. 

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I won't say the guy's rumor is accurate, however, my source** says Sharpe is a guy who may surprise and end up late-lotto.

** Fran Fraschilla

My theory on all the Cam talk is some team is trying to leverage in trade talks (probably NY) that they can get Cam if they want so lower your requirements on player X to make us take him instead. This is all probably rumormongering to lower the value on someone else in the market to acquire him cheaper.

There is no world where Travis could save face trading away Cam unless it brought back a legitimate star. No way it could be to bring back a pick.

• Like 4