• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Preseason G2: Magic vs Hawks, 12/12/2020 @ 5PM

JayBirdHawk

Didn't get to watch this game. Box score telling me good things though. I watched the first game and it is so weird to watch NBA without fans. What a sad year.

It looks like Hunter will be the starter as of now? I figured our lineup would be Trae, Bog, Cam, Collins, Capela.

2 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

Didn't get to watch this game. Box score telling me good things though. I watched the first game and it is so weird to watch NBA without fans. What a sad year.

It looks like Hunter will be the starter as of now? I figured our lineup would be Trae, Bog, Cam, Collins, Capela.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AHawks89 said:

LP hasn't decided what the rotation would be yet. What we are seeing from Hunter is a strong case to be the starter. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Bruno is leaving the door wide open for Okongwu.

Seeing Goodwin these last 2 games makes me appreciate the Rondo and Dunn deals all the more.

Agreed. Big O should step in and immediately be the second string 5. Still hesitates, lackluster hustle and struggles to find a body to box out. He's large enough to secure rebounds in his direction tho. 

If you are on the floor for 10 to 15 mins every other day, you should be sprinting down the floor damn near every possession. Capela does it. I hope he's watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

It was very promising. Only negative is tons of turnovers. Some of it showboating, some of it Brandon Goodwin is not NBA ready against good defensive clubs....and last of it is Trae trying to make passes to ghosts.  There was one terrible play where after setting a screen for Trae, Gallo hesitated and instead of cutting or stepping back he floated to inside the 3 point line. The screen resulted in both defenders doubling Trae. Trae went behind his back to pass to Gallo at the 3 point line but Gallo was floating behind the double. Just a terrible turnover that was 50% unfamiliarity with each other and 50% Trae trying to be in an AND1 promo video on every play.

Yeah they need to tell him no need to showboat with no fans to react..lol

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Vet play of the night, after 3 bad trips down the floor that Trae holds 90% of the responsibility for, Gallo pulled down a rebound and Trae met him to take the ball. Gallo waived him off and brought it up himself and set the offense. Gigantic vet move where he shut down all the nonsense by playing the 6-10 point guard. Next trip down, Trae was back under control. It wasn't meanspirited or show boaty...it was just a vet establishing a winning attitude. Somewhere around the 7 minute mark of the 4th I believe.

He also pushed Trae in the right direction on defense earlier in the game..I lol at that..Way to go Gallo..

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae so used to play meaningless basketball, when its winning time, he playing like its pickup at times. I want to see that change

If it doesnt, expect to see Rondo handling the ball late in games...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Bruno is leaving the door wide open for Okongwu.

Seeing Goodwin these last 2 games makes me appreciate the Rondo and Dunn deals all the more.

Bruno has looked G-league his entire career so far. People blasting the Hawks pick on draft night look ridiculous. Backup center is a massive need atm. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Yes.  This has been my big takeaway so far.   

Bruno i don't think has been that bad.  The guys is strong as heck.  But if OO  is better that's good for us.  

I'm not worried about Trae.  He's making bad passes for sure but there's also a lot of bad off the ball movement from some guys.  

Defense is looking good though.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is a right balance to be struck with Trae.  Some level of flashy play is ok.  He is a player with style and a love for the game so knocking all that out of him is probably impossible and wouldn't even be desirable but he will learn to better appreciate the "right" time for that expression.  

I'm just pretty pumped to see us with a competitive loss and a solid win over a 2019-20 playoff team with neither Trae nor JC having big games.   

Lots of "solid" play from guys added up to a win that had our lead bouncing around from roughly even to up 20 for the second half.  Pretty comfortable over the last 3 minutes.

The fact we have Bogi and Gallo to give us a solid 30 to 35 points  consistently is really going to be a difference maker. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bruno has looked G-league his entire career so far. People blasting the Hawks pick on draft night look ridiculous. Backup center is a massive need atm. 

Not arguing, but FWIW, Dedmon was still on the roster on draft night.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

We did have Dedmon on the roster and under contract for two years on draft night and some of these guys were still arguing that Collins was a C.  From that perspective, I get the comment of us having depth there.  

I'm hoping Bruno develops but really excited to see OO get healthy and on the court.

• Like 1