• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Things we learned about the Hawks after they losing 4 straight games

Bonkers

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Agent 0017 was drafted #6 for a Clint backup.  We await his coming out party!

Looking for this to happen this week.  Other rookies are already making their mark in the NBA.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:sun:

Thats what I meant. We needed Gwu too..

4 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Sorry.  I thought it was obvious.  It was NOT serious. Call it sarcasm, TIC, whatever. The overreactions on here are hysterical. 

We actually have people saying Trae needs to prove the last 5 games are just a slump. I mean, did the 100 previous games not prove what Trae is capable of?

And Hunter has played really well for 5 games and all of a sudden he's "the best player on the team" cuz, hey, 5 games is apparently all this board needs to make definitive conclusions.  And I'm not bangin on Dre. I love his game and think he's going to be a beast before long, but come on. The hot takes are absurd. 

Nobody cares about last season..lol..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So we're just going to make all our decisions on how everyone has played in the last week?   That seems rash.

List all the "Rash decisions" people have made in this thread. Or just some

The only decision I've made in this thread is that LP's bum ass needs to be fired. And that's not a rash decision from me because I've been saying FIRE LP for a looooong time

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

List all the "Rash decisions" people have made in this thread. Or just some

The only decision I've made in this thread is that LP's bum ass needs to be fired. And that's not a rash decision from me because I've been saying FIRE LP for a looooong time

All I'm saying is we can't just say 'well this is who Trae' is when the last 5 games aren't similar at all to his previous 80.

Just like you're saying LP should be fired isn't based on his last 5 games, you're basing it on the last 2 years too. 

Whereas I think LP should be fired based on the last 5 games.  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

There is stuff that I'd regard as a pre-mature hot take from other threads but from this thread here are some of the statements that I either flat out disagree with or think are way premature to conclude:

Hunter is better than Trae.

Trae is not a leader.

Trae is mentally weak.

Trae is chicken-hearted.

These are all mine😁🙌

If u disagree, no biggie lol

• Haha 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

These are all mine😁🙌

If u disagree, no biggie lol

I agree with some of the criticisms of Trae on this thread but there are a lot of these that I don't agree with at all and some that I think we need a lot more to know for sure.  (Some of these were you but not all of them, fwiw.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with some of the criticisms of Trae on this thread but there are a lot of these that I don't agree with at all and some that I think we need a lot more to know for sure.  (Some of these were you but not all of them, fwiw.)

I can respect that. See u know how to disagree

What I don't like is that childish passive aggressive energy people give me because my opinion hurts their feelings lol

Edited by Bonkers

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Again salute to Dre

r/AtlantaHawks - De'Andre Hunter.

Let's get the man the ball some more.  It sure would be nice if we could see a Rondo/Huerter/Solo,Hunter/Capela lineup.   See what Hunter can do as a primary scoring option and see if Rondo can get a lot of open looks for Huert. 

• Moderators

Here is some interesting stuff i got from a tweet.   It was a little scattered through comments so not pasting in the tweet.

Trae-JC-Capela on/off combos

All 3 on: +38 (176 possessions)
Trae-JC on, Capela off: +37 (257 poss)
Trae on, JC-Capela off: +20 (89 poss)
Capela on, Trae-JC off: +9 (66 poss)
JC on, Trae-Capela off: -17 (95 poss)

Trae-Capela on, JC off: -42 (123 poss)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here is some interesting stuff i got from a tweet.   It was a little scattered through comments so not pasting in the tweet.

This team needs everyone functioning at peak efficiency.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

There is stuff that I'd regard as a pre-mature hot take from other threads but from this thread here are some of the statements that I either flat out disagree with or think are way premature to conclude:

Hunter is better than Trae.

Haliburton is better than Trae.

Trae is not a winning player.

Trae is not a leader.

Trae is mentally weak.

Trae is chicken-hearted.

Trae is a huge problem going forward.

Sorry to sound like @Sothron but why did he tag me since I've never said any of these things?

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Let's get the man the ball some more.  It sure would be nice if we could see a Rondo/Huerter/Solo,Hunter/Capela lineup.   See what Hunter can do as a primary scoring option and see if Rondo can get a lot of open looks for Huert. 

I don't think Hunter is a primary scorer yet.

• Like 2

Good thing about Dre is he can more and more score from all three levels on the court and if he gets to the foul line because of that then we can feel pretty good to boot. Plays like a seasoned vet with smart defense. Glad he is ours. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Good thing about Dre is he can more and more score from all three levels on the court and if he gets to the foul line because of that then we can feel pretty good to boot. Plays like a seasoned vet with smart defense. Glad he is ours. 

It is good to see that all the previous Hunter hate is starting to disappear!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Here's some more I pulled off of BBREF.  Not lineup based, but still pretty telling. 

Plus-Minus.png

I'm not sure I understand Trae's opponent's on / off. If I'm reading it right, the opponents offense is 5.4 pts / 100 poss WORSE when Trae is on the floor which seems unlikely.  But that's what the data said.