• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

33 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Lakers beat the Knicks, their most likely loss will probably be to Boston.  Boston can lose to anyone and beat anyone.  That'll be the Hawks' only hope of getting the fourth seed. 

Stranger things have happened though. San Antonio is well coached and it's their first game back from the road trip so that could be a trap game for them. 

The Knicks pretty much surprised me beating LAC and they are playing well.  I'd much rather face the Knicks than the Bucks in the first round I tell you that much.  To me, the guy that's been keeping the Knicks rolling is Derrick Rose. He's been outplaying Randle in the games I've seen. 

Everyone is writing the Bucks off, but they've looked pretty great down the stretch.  So have the 76ers.  Brooklyn's looked the worst, but you don't want to tangle with KD and Irving in a first round series. 

Any of the Knick's last 4 games can knock them off if you ask me, but they are the better team right now in each matchup so it would take a huge effort to beat them.

I agree on Rose. He is an X factor that is getting overlooked. His body may have failed him, but he still that Alpha mentality clutch gene that you want on the court. Between him knowing how and when to make big shots, and Randle being fire all season, they have deadly 1-2 punch of playmakers. Randle gives you body shots all game and Rose hits the knock out.

As far as the Bucks, they are playing their best basketball right now, whereas the Nets are middling. Nets have the talent, but they are not smooth sailing by any means. Bucks are ready for the playoffs, Nets are like us, still trying to get their pieces together and gel. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree on Rose. He is an X factor that is getting overlooked. His body may have failed him, but he still that Alpha mentality clutch gene that you want on the court. Between him knowing how and when to make big shots, and Randle being fire all season, they have deadly 1-2 punch of playmakers. Randle gives you body shots all game and Rose hits the knock out.

Yeah but someone on the court has to guard Trae and Rose can't do it.   Should be a good chess match.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Now we have more detail:

Seems like something they could have announced 8 weeks ago, but thats just me being petty.

So if things go well he will be back for the 2nd round of the playoffs?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Seems like something they could have announced 8 weeks ago, but thats just me being petty.

We are saving him for the Eastern conference finals when we face Brooklyn. Ge is our secret weapon against them. Lol. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I agree.  Seems like it would  have saved them the headache of answering 'when's cam coming back' every game

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think some of the issue around what is shared and when has been impacted by COBRA and other privacy laws.  It has changed how teams can publicly comment on things and may depend on what the player has authorized to be shared.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, marco102 said:

TS didnt give a timeline initially, but did say Cam "would be out for a little while." In coach/GM speak that usually means a long time.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think some of the issue around what is shared and when has been impacted by COBRA and other privacy laws.  It has changed how teams can publicly comment on things and may depend on what the player has authorized to be shared.

Perhaps, but I tend to think that this is less a legal thing and more just that sometimes these things are fluid and the team would rather not give concrete timelines. If you give a concrete timeline then the fans count down the days, and healing from injury has it's own timeline.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Very good news. I wonder if he'll be able to play on the back to back.   

De'Andre did mention in the post game interview that he was concerned about the swelling this time and he still is building trust that he won't have the swelling. I think this is what Travis mentioned on 92.9 the other day about being mentally comfy with his recovery. 

Good news indeed!

Hopefully he is good to go tomorrow night.  He only played 13 minutes last night, so I'm guessing he had a 12-14 minutes restriction.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Very good news. I wonder if he'll be able to play on the back to back.   

De'Andre did mention in the post game interview that he was concerned about the swelling this time and he still is building trust that he won't have the swelling. I think this is what Travis mentioned on 92.9 the other day about being mentally comfy with his recovery. 

Hallelujah GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

Glad he's OK.  Played 13 minutes.  Hind sight is always 20-20.  Would have been nice to have him in the last 5 minutes of last night's game.  But, the problem is, if Hawks had lost, Hunter would probably been the one who got the blame!

:hi:

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So Cam wont be back for the post season unless we make it to the finals based on the timelines.

All depends if it's the 10 or 12 weeks.  He's in week 8 this week.  Week 9 is next week and I believe the Hawks have the entire week off.  Week 10 should be the first week  of the first round. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All depends if it's the 10 or 12 weeks.  He's in week 8 this week.  Week 9 is next week and I believe the Hawks have the entire week off.  Week 10 should be the first week  of the first round. 

Well Schlenk actually said he wont be back in the interview.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Perhaps, but I tend to think that this is less a legal thing and more just that sometimes these things are fluid and the team would rather not give concrete timelines. If you give a concrete timeline then the fans count down the days, and healing from injury has it's own timeline.

I think that is part of the reason that teams give fewer details which naturally leads to teams not wanting to give concrete deadlines.  If you can't give much substance behind why an original deadline is set and can't give detailed updates for why dates change, you will tend to give less information overall and that includes a lack of concrete deadlines.  Seems to me that teams in multiple sports started moving this direction around the same time as some of these privacy developments happened but I haven't done a deep dive.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can you post the interview link? Please, thanks.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Are you by a computer? I can't do it from my phone. It's on the 92.9 the game website under the morning show with John and Hugh. 

https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/sports/atlanta-hawks/health-more-important-than-home-court-in-hawks-playoff-hopes 

Should be the second link. 

@bleachkit is correct.  Travis says, "He certainly won't be back for this playoff run, unfortunately."

• Thanks 2