• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injury Updates?

capstone21

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe the dr's in the house can weigh in.   Seems like maybe in the last few years there's more of an emphasis on prevention of Achilles tears?  I guess they know that you have pain or strain prior to the tear?  This is the longest i've ever seen anyone out with an Achilles related injury that wasn't a full rupture (but maybe i just haven't been paying attention).  

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Maybe the dr's in the house can weigh in.   Seems like maybe in the last few years there's more of an emphasis on prevention of Achilles tears?  I guess they know that you have pain or strain prior to the tear?  This is the longest i've ever seen anyone out with an Achilles related injury that wasn't a full rupture (but maybe i just haven't been paying attention).  

I'm not a Dr, but seeing other players come back "too soon" from Achilles injuries and re-injuring themselves worse than before might be the cause for all the caution with Cam.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Achilles tendonitis can linger for some time. The tendon might be still be in good shape and not at risk of rupturing, but nevertheless pain and discomfort can linger for months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Achilles tendonitis can linger for some time. The tendon might be still be in good shape and not at risk of rupturing, but nevertheless pain and discomfort can linger for months. 

Yeah, I have struggled with Achilles soreness when I do cardio and what not. I haven't been to the gym in 6 months since my daughter was born, and my heel pain is completely gone. But I fear that once I crank it back up it will flare up again. It's such a lingering, annoying, pain.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

Should we start Hunter? I'm more in favor of bringing him off the bench with the second unit and allowing Solo to be our starter, just until Hunter can find his rhythm. 

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Should we start Hunter? I'm more in favor of bringing him off the bench with the second unit and allowing Solo to be our starter, just until Hunter can find his rhythm. 

Hunter is better than Solo regardless of his rythym..lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hunter is better than Solo regardless of his rythym..lol

I'm saying that we may want to start Solo to put on Randle. Let him take the fouls that Randle will likely try to draw so that Hunter/Collins aren't in foul trouble early.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If we start Solo, he'll have 2 fouls in the 1st 18 seconds😄.

if Hunter has no minutes restrictions - he starts.

As long as one of 'em is a flagrant like that one on Lebron, that works. 😏

🤔🤨😔

Wait, wait, wait, that's terrible.  I take it back.  Self-bann.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

As long as one of 'em is a flagrant like that one on Lebron, that works. 😏

🤔🤨😔

Wait, wait, wait, that's terrible.  I take it back.  Self-bann.

Take it back, take it back.

• Premium Member
On 5/20/2021 at 1:36 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

We should be getting an update on Cam sometime this week based on ladt update 2 weeks ago:

The team said Thursday that Reddish has expanded his rehabilitation to include unrestricted individual workouts and limited participation in team practice.

His status will be reviewed again in 10-14 days.

“He warmed up with us,” interim coach Nate McMillan said after Wednesday’s extended practice. “He’s been doing a little shooting. But I haven’t gotten anything that he’ll be participating in practice with the team anytime soon.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We should be getting an update on Cam sometime this week based on ladt update 2 weeks ago:

I was thinking about this too honestly. I know they have basically ruled out his return for the playoffs but I think that was more to alleviate any pressure of rushing back and wanting to contribute.  I think they just want him to focus on his rehab right now and prepare for summer league.

That being said, they will likely put another 2 week stamp on him this weekend. But there could be an outside chance if we take this thing deep they may have to reconsidering keeping him out of the lineup.

• Like 3