• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Snell will be squeezed out of minutes upon DAH & Cam's return for this reason

sturt

Just now, AHF said:

I came into this year more excited about him than I was Hunter.  During that first stretch of the season, Hunter exceeded my expectations.  Year to date Cam has fallen well short of them.  I am still a Cam believer and wouldn't consider trading him right now (because I assume the offers would be garbage compared to what I think his ceiling looks like).  His development is important for our future championship aspirations.  No sleeping on him but man it has been a rough season for him offensively.  Hope when he eventually returns he is out of the rut that he was in.  He seems like a player whose shooting is really dependent on his state of mind and when he gets in a groove it is great but when he loses confidence it is really hard.

Agreed 💯 Confidence seems to be huge for Cam, for good or bad. Hopefully he gets mentally tougher this offseason.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed 💯 Confidence seems to be huge for Cam, for good or bad. Hopefully he gets mentally tougher this offseason.

They refuse to factor in LP as at least part of the reason for his lack of development.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Confidence is huge for any professional athlete. To get to this level most guys have to be both extremely competitive and confident to go out in front of thousands live, and millions worldwide and not be afraid of what people think about you, or of failing or of anything you can't control. 

I think it is an indictment against any player who has fragile or volatile confidence in himself. Does not matter how talented you are if you are constantly second guessing yourself. 

There are ton of guys in this league with a fraction of Cam's talent that have the right mindset that they can compete with the best, and they make solid careers on heart and work ethic alone.

Cam is young, yes. So are a lot of guys, like say, his former teammates at Duke who showed they have alpha mindsets and they aren'f afraid despite being more limited than Cam skill wise. As amazing as Cam's potential is, there is a reason he fell to us at 10, and a lot of it has to do with question marks about what's going on inside of him. It is not something to brush aside as just LP's fault. Coach K couldn't pull it out of him either. 

As always, I hope the best for the kid because he is a Hawk. But there ain't no magic remedy to this, the kid needs the lightbulb to turn on before he can ever reach his full potential.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

They refuse to factor in LP as at least part of the reason for his lack of development.

I am looking forward to seeing what Nate can do but Trae, JC, Hunter, etc. all developed very nicely under LP.  Cam showed massive improvement during his first year and looked great in pre-season.  Then he fell off a cliff (at least offensively) once the regular season started.  His shooting struggles in particular can't be fully explained by just pointing to LP given the numbers we have seen from other players (and wings specifically) under LP.  Cam is young, however, and still has all the same big upside.  Hope he returns motivated and with his confidence renewed after seeing all the positive developments around the team.

I know you are also a big fan of his so I think we'll all be cheering him on.  (Although Supes has shotgun reserved on the Cam bus.)

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Although Supes has shotgun reserved on the Cam bus.)

I got his jersey, bought it in July 2019, also had him for us to select in 2019 along with Culver (oops) Clarke and Kabengele CCCK. But I guess Supes has shotty on that and I got it on the Big O! Ya I said big O, if they are remaking space jam and mighty ducks the movies I’m calling him Big O. 😂 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got his jersey, bought it in July 2019, also had him for us to select in 2019 along with Culver (oops) Clarke and Kabengele CCCK. But I guess Supes has shotty on that and I got it on the Big O! Ya I said big O, if they are remaking space jam and mighty ducks the movies I’m calling him Big O. 😂 

Did you proclaim him the NBA's Randy Moss?  Hmmmmmm??  

Nope.  Only one person stuck his neck out that far.  And he backed it up with a bet too.  And then manned up and wore that Karl Malone dominating Al Horford avatar without a single complaint.  

Supes has earned that seat in my book.

You can drive the bus for OO17.  (Not calling him Big O).

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Nope.  Only one person stuck his neck out that far.  And he backed it up with a bet too.  And then manned up and wore that Karl Malone dominating Al Horford avatar without a single complaint.  

Wow... okay. 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only one person stuck his neck out that far. 

2 people if you go back and read the Cam threads it was Supes and I.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

without a single complaint.  

And I lost a bet and wore Luka with no complaints.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

You can drive the bus for OO17. 

💯 

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

@AHF I think calling for him in the 2019 draft and getting his jersey less than a month after we drafted him at least qualifies me for a ride in the car 🚗 not shotty that’s for his #1 fan Supertrooper. The only way I shouldn’t ride is if it was a 2 seater 💺 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF I think calling for him in the 2019 draft and getting his jersey less than a month after we drafted him at least qualifies me for a ride in the car 🚗 not shotty that’s for his #1 fan Supertrooper. The only way I shouldn’t ride is if it was a 2 seater 💺 

You could always ride in Supes lap.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m just playing around.  A lot of us called for Cam that draft but Supes had some unrealistically outsized expectations that he would own the league as a rookie.  Nobody else was out that far on him.  

And you definitely wore your Luka with grace.  And must be a fan now given that you took Luka #3 overall in our fantasy league.  :stirthepot:

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 4/4/2021 at 5:34 PM, sturt said:

Occurred to me today to look at this comparison... a veritable Easter basket of different flavored jelly beans... the good stuff, and those evil licorice flavored things.

2021-04-04_17-28-30.png

Have to say... I really thought this was an intriguing set of numbers to look at, given that basically the two have accounted themselves as some of the more elite wing shooters in recent Hawks history... ie, Korver's from the 2015-16 band, and Snell from this year's.

Among the questions that seemingly should arise... if our success was that much affected by Korver's play, should we  be taking more advantage of Snell's significantly even better shot?

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Have to say... I really thought this was an intriguing set of numbers to look at, given that basically the two have accounted themselves as some of the more elite wing shooters in recent Hawks history... ie, Korver's from the 2015-16 band, and Snell from this year's.

Among the questions that seemingly should arise... if our success was that much affected by Korver's play, should we  be taking more advantage of Snell's significantly even better shot?

No. From what I gather, Snell is a standstill shooter whereas Kyle had a variety skills (standstill, off screens, one dribble, two dribble, trailing).  For that reason, Snell’s shooting is a tertiary result of the offense whereas Kyle’s was a feature.  A coach can scale Kyle’s shooting to a Reggie Miller type offense but to get Snell to be more of a weapon that means other players or the penetration have to be more of a weapon. 

• Like 3