Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

3 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Does lonzo play def ? Not sure , but this rumor has too much steam to me it's an obvious no which is strange that everyone is picking it up

Two things.  1. People are lazy and 2. "Journalism" is long ded.

Why put in the freaking work when you can just parrot the same a**, lame a** nonrumor that got some other jackleg a bunch-a clicks?

"Oh we're hearing the Hawks wanna overpay to get ALonzo Ball, trade Collins, blah, blah...."

Meanwhile, the "content" of every article is a link to the original nonrumor.  You can't make this stuff up.

They don't pay 'em to be right or even insightful, they just pay 'em for clicks.

And, to be clear, we're not killing the @Spud2nique messenger here.  There's plenty of other reasons to kill the dude.  Mwahahahaaaa (wait, did I say that out loud or just in my head?)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 The Warriors want to poach now. 🤦‍♀️ Every team out there still thinks we are a farm system and aren’t serious about winning.. 😞 we won 8 in a row, do teams, media, etc. just ignore this? 

My head hurts.

The Kangs writer(sic) has an "article" out about their interest too.  It's freaking ridiculous.  See what you started, messenger! 😄

I feel you Squd2nique, everybody think we are their farm system.  We are in the 4th spot for Christ sake with 8 game winning streak and able to resign JC without giving up any salary and they still do that.  This is why I hate the NBA sometimes 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Mwahahahaaaa (wait, did I say that out loud or just in my head?)

Get in line. Seriously, I need a vacation from myself. I have literally turned into “that guy” I used to toast. Thanks internet!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

I feel you Squd2nique, everybody think we are their farm system.  We are in the 4th spot for Christ sake with 8 game winning streak and able to resign JC without giving up any salary and they still do that.  This is why I hate the NBA sometimes 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, nevermind all that.  They haven't beaten anybody.  Let's offer 'em Carsen Edwards and a 2nd for Trae.  I'm hearing he luvves New York, LA, blah, blah, amirite?" - Typical NBA guy

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Get in line. Seriously, I need a vacation from myself. I have literally turned into “that guy” I used to toast. Thanks internet!

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain, bro.

It'd be like me slowly turning into that guy that wears slacks around the house and ties a sweater around his neck. *shudders*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, nevermind all that.  They haven't beaten anybody.  Let's offer 'em Carsen Edwards and a 2nd for Trae.  I'm hearing he luvves New York, LA, blah, blah, amirite?" - Typical NBA guy

cae943ff153eede136d1df72b19e7250.jpg

Yeah I feel like going crazy right now (plus having strep throat for the second time in couple of months) does not help at all.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It'd be like me slowly turning into that guy that wears slacks around the house and ties a sweater around his neck. *shudders*

In your defense, it’s chilly these days.. and the crocks, they just slip on easier. 🤦‍♀️ 

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Atlanta might wanna pull Smart from Boston and send them John Collins, blah, blah, blah."

I wanted (not so) Smart last year but for Collins? Are they crazy? Plus we already have a crazy (Rondo), you can’t go full crazy and have 2 x Shmelts. Rondo and Marcus (not so) Shmart would literally burn 🔥 down the city of Atlanta.

Every NBA team can do with one crazy, never 2. 2 crazies= death 💀 for a franchise.

52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The fans are weighing in and agree with him!  Sorry Supes

A lot of our fanbase hasn't looked into this seriously. They don't even know he's expiring much less what he is looking for with his next team. They are just doing Ball v. Cam. It's not going to be a fair comp. Cam is raw. Zo is polished and productive. They are both young but they are not at the same stage and Zo will cost a fortune to match and he wants his own team. 

Makes no sense to trade for someone who wouldn't want to be here because we already got Trae. This ain't 2k. 

This ain't even a real trade. I am just talking about the speculation alone.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

You hate the NBA, or you hate NBA media coverage? O'Connor can write whatever he wants, Hawks dont give a crap about that. 

• Like 2

FYI: Bogi is not available for trade. Cam could be moved for a star as well as Kevin, not a rental. Atlanta made it clear what they want for JC and want teams to meet them there. No room for negotiation unless it's small things. JC agent has been involved in the process. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

Now, you see what I mean when I say, when supposed to be credible people make up rumor, it can cause issues. 

O'Connor made up some BS. BR quotes them and says Hawks made said players available. There name is going buckwild via NBA social media and twitter. 

I can promise you, Travis is pissed. Tony is beyond pissed. This is what you guys don't see. This gets national attention and it's just a bad rumor but it can cause a divide if not handled properly. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A lot of our fanbase hasn't looked into this seriously. They don't even know he's expiring much less what he is looking for with his next team. They are just doing Ball v. Cam. It's not going to be a fair comp. Cam is raw. Zo is polished and productive. They are both young but they are not at the same stage and Zo will cost a fortune to match and he wants his own team. 

Makes no sense to trade for someone who wouldn't want to be here because we already got Trae. This ain't 2k. 

This ain't even a real trade. I am just talking about the speculation alone.

Is there a team, at least a winning team, out there that will let Zo be their starting point guard, no questions asked? Im not sure that there is. He will get paid of course, every decent young player gets paid.