• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Is there a team, at least a winning team, out there that will let Zo be their starting point guard, no questions asked? Im not sure that there is. He will get paid of course, every decent young player gets paid.

Yes, There will be. Chicago, New York, Toronto, and a number of teams willing to do SnT for a late 1st. It's a weak FA class with a limited talent pool. Ball is in the top 5 of available FA impact wise and in the top 3 of young players. He's a clear #2 for need behind JC for young players. He will have suitors, why do you think New Orleans who needs him would move him for?

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now, you see what I mean when I say, when supposed to be credible people make up rumor, it can cause issues. 

O'Connor made up some BS. BR quotes them and says Hawks made said players available. There name is going buckwild via NBA social media and twitter. 

I can promise you, Travis is pissed. Tony is beyond pissed. This is what you guys don't see. This gets national attention and it's just a bad rumor but it can cause a divide if not handled properly. 

I think you're the one that's most pissed Supes. Travis and Tony know trade rumors are part of the deal, as do agents. Your notion that trade blurbs from Shams or whoever will sow deep seeded resentment and dissension is a little overblown. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Now, you see what I mean when I say, when supposed to be credible people make up rumor, it can cause issues. 

O'Connor made up some BS. BR quotes them and says Hawks made said players available. There name is going buckwild via NBA social media and twitter. 

I can promise you, Travis is pissed. Tony is beyond pissed. This is what you guys don't see. This gets national attention and it's just a bad rumor but it can cause a divide if not handled properly. 

All they have to do is have a press conference to say those rumors aren't true and that would be the end of It.  Its not that hard.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Riiight. Not everybody see’s it quite like you do they Supes? 

I hope they do Spud but if they didn't before, they clearly see it now. Today, they put out an entire market that Bogi and now Cam is available. Prepare to see XnX scrub and a late 1st for Reddish or Oubre and trade for Bogi or TPE for Bogi, etc... While none of this will happen, it's the fire that causes agents to freak out. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

All they have to do is have a press conference to say those rumors aren't true and that would be the end of It.  Its not that hard.

Teams dont ever bother doing that unless it's a superstar. They dont have to publicly address every trade rumor written in a blog or a tweet, it's honestly beneath them. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope they do Spud but if they didn't before, they clearly see it now. Today, they put out an entire market that Bogi and now Cam is available. Prepare to see XnX scrub and a late 1st for Reddish or Oubre and trade for Bogi or TPE for Bogi, etc... While none of this will happen, it's the fire that causes agents to freak out. 

Trades and trade rumors are part of the business. Be a professional. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Teams dont ever bother doing that unless it's a superstar. They dont have to publicly address every trade rumor written in a blog or a tweet, it's honestly beneath them. 

They can at least tell their own freaking beat writers that the rumors are false so some idiot like Brad Rowland won't create a postcast announcing a trade is imminent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trades and trade rumors are part of the business. Be a professional. 

They're human beings.  If you have a conviction specifically about their future with the team, then walk out to a bunch texts about "credible" rumors to the contrary.  Could certainly erode trust.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They can at least tell their own freaking beat writers that the rumors are false so some idiot like Brad Rowland won't create a postcast announcing a trade is imminent.

Please tell me he didn't do that.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They're human beings.  If you have a conviction specifically about their future with the team, then walk out to a bunch texts about "credible" rumors to the contrary.  Could certainly erode trust.

Please tell me he didn't do that.

I'm sure the team quickly quells any unsubstantiated rumors with a concerned player or agent behind closed doors if necessary. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

When is the deadline again? Im ready for this shit show to be behind us

You read my mind!  And like I said, I don't care about the rumors but when the Hawk fans join in and want them to happen is what I don't like.  These boys are playing their hearts out but some of the fan base indicate that its just not good enough.  Really Sad

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Get off my man Brad. That dude pus in a lot of hours on these Hawks. I go there when Hawks news is barren and he is right there with the monotone delivery. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I'm sure the team quickly quells any unsubstantiated rumors with a concerned player or agent behind closed doors if necessary. 

Yeah and because "it's all a business", they look at management with extreme side-eye because ... trust is eroded.  You're giving them a little too much credit.

How come you don't give me this much benefit of the doubt? 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Get off my man Brad. That dude pus in a lot of hours on these Hawks. I go there when Hawks news is barren and he is right there with the monotone delivery. Lol. 

I put him on to sleep. I'm dozing as soon as his voice hits my ears

• Haha 2