• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks after Lonzo?

Spud2nique

7 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Yo, I found the secret to listening to him. I put it on the 1.5 x speed and it does the trick. 

I got another method, I avoid his nonsense altogether. He’s been trippin (over his own words) since 2000’s.. 

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

All they have to do is have a press conference to say those rumors aren't true and that would be the end of It.  Its not that hard.

Any rumors are good rumors as far as teams are concerned. Rumors Collins is going to Beantown raise his value in negotiations with other teams.  Some rumors are placed to depress a players value, some are to elevate it.  They will never say "there is no truth to the rumors" because its of too much benefit.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Any rumors are good rumors as far as teams are concerned. Rumors Collins is going to Beantown raise his value in negotiations with other teams.  Some rumors are placed to depress a players value, some are to elevate it.  They will never say "there is no truth to the rumors" because its of too much benefit.

Yeah, I have to imagine it's a pretty delicate balance.  Like, you can take Cam or whoever to the side and say this specific rumor is bullshit but then if he gets shipped in a separate it's still a little iffy as far as player trust goes... you have to choose when to talk to a player and what the messaging is very carefully.  The only player they can really do that with right now is Trae (and maybe hunter), who are definitely not going to be a part of any discussions.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

You hate the NBA, or you hate NBA media coverage? O'Connor can write whatever he wants, Hawks dont give a crap about that. 

I hate the NBA for not having the Sonics but I hate the media coverage even more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Long live the SuperSonics. Loved me some Dale Ellis! Back in the OG days.

Yeah, the way the NBA did them was messed up and the worst thing about it is that when I was working in Seattle, the Key Arena was only 10 minutes away from work and if they did that new stadium that Chris Hansen was doing it will be across the street from Safeco.

• Sad 1

Some time around this thread...I thought it was NY but it might have been this deal.  It ended up in Boston media with them saying they could put together a better package.  They reported his proposal as a legit rumor.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta made it clear what they want for JC and want teams to meet them there. No room for negotiation unless it's small things. JC agent has been involved in the process.

This is what pisses me off though.   I've been told to calm down we'll just match but it's obvious that they are very open to trading him for the right price which means to me that they don't want to pay him big money this summer.   I think that's a huge mistake.   Without JC we will take a big step backwards.

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah and because "it's all a business", they look at management with extreme side-eye because ... trust is eroded.  You're giving them a little too much credit.

How come you don't give me this much benefit of the doubt? 🤨

What do you want teams to do? They have two choices, they can either never make trades, or lie to players and tell them trades rumors are bogus. There is no easy way to do this where no feelings are ever hurt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is what pisses me off though.   I've been told to calm down we'll just match but it's obvious that they are very open to trading him for the right price which means to me that they don't want to pay him big money this summer.   I think that's a huge mistake.   Without JC we will take a big step backwards.

We aren't trading JC. Our offense would look like crap without him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Price is Right is extremely high. They want a Jaylen Brown or a top 5 pick unprotected in this draft. They want an elite package in return for JC. If he's moved, it wouldn't bother me because I know the package was elite. Right now, the offers are rubbish therefore, you have nothing to worry about. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Lol! They are professional. They only set pressers for real news. Not rumors. You can't jump to every rumor and say not true to the public. That's a red flag. 

You just handle this internally and that's that. Just imagine how many times Beal was traded in the last year in a half from the Wizards while still being a Wizard. The media gonna talk, you just hate it when it's a young guy because those are the least prepared for this type of situation. 

Young guys need to get used to it..That's just how it is in Pro Sports...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You read my mind!  And like I said, I don't care about the rumors but when the Hawk fans join in and want them to happen is what I don't like.  These boys are playing their hearts out but some of the fan base indicate that its just not good enough.  Really Sad

Nothing wrong with wanting to be even better right? Y'all take this shizz way too seriously...lol....I've known a couple of NBA players..My nephew is in the NFL(shoutout to Nuk)...NONE of them  take this trade rumor stuff personally...You just have to be a pro..If they do they're insecure....You're talking about young millionaires after all.....😀

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nothing wrong with wanting to be even better right? Y'all take this shizz way too seriously...lol....I've known a couple of NBA players..My nephew is in the NFL(shoutout to Nuk)...NONE of them  take this trade rumor stuff personally...You just have to be a pro..If they do they're insecure....You're talking about young millionaires after all.....😀

I think fans get more worked up about trade rumors than players do.