• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Warriors

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Especially when he even refrains from kicking their nads repeatedly.  

Mea culpa spudster.

😂 Nice! Honestly when the Hawks win like that I feel like Brad Pitt/Denzel Washington type cool 😎 when we lose, this guy..

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I think he ended their careers with his amazing play and that dominating 0 points, 0 steals, 0 blocks and 2 rebounds.

Speaking of donuts and ending careers, and @kg01 will appreciate this (and possibly share this stat with a certain family member) Draymond and his good time buddy aka “I’m gonna make sure scurry’s place in history is solidified” Andre Iguodala played 47 minutes last night and combined for 0 🍩 points. 😶 One word: RETIRE! 

One other thing keeps coming to my mind as well when I see John Collins thrive; the fact that Danny Manning didn’t lie to us. Obviously a coach will praise his own players but I remember the night we drafted JC in 2017, Manning said “Atlanta, you got a good one.” When he said that, I’ll be honest I was actually worried as all I had were bad memories of Danny strictly due to the Nique trade and having Manning for about what, 30 games, maybe 29, think we went 20-9 (don’t quote me strictly from memory) and we beat the Heat in round 1 but lost to the Pacers in round 2 that year and he bolted as a free agent (not that I wanted to keep him but still). But one thing is for sure... he didn’t lie to us, Collins is some inside/outside beauty in motion.

@kg01 New debate with your BIL about whose better, the 14th pick in the 2017 draft of the Hawks lucky # (no not 21) apparently 19 (th) pick? 🤔 Bring it Bam 💥 your girth doesn’t scare 😧 me. 😶 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Draymond defense was ass yesterday. JC was killing him off the ball and on the ball and his effort in general was ass last night 

He very clearly mailed in that performance once it became clear he had no answers for Jollins or Capela.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does anyone remember the last time 2 Hawks got 15 boards (Capela) and 15 dimes (Trae) in one game? 

I’m going to guess Mookie and Deke in 97 or 98. I guess Teague and Horsmoove could have as well. With Al getting 2 boards and Smoove 13 😂.

Draymond was apparently still having side effects from illness that kept him out the game before  Played through it though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/draymond-green-wasnt-feeling-well-gutted-out-warriors-loss-hawks%3famp

No making excuses for the guy, just being objective. We caught him when he was vulnerable. Definitely played like a guy with low energy.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Draymond was apparently still having side effects from illness that kept him out the game before  Played through it though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/draymond-green-wasnt-feeling-well-gutted-out-warriors-loss-hawks%3famp

No making excuses for the guy, just being objective. We caught him when he was vulnerable. Definitely played like a guy with low energy.

He has had a lot of empty, low impact nights the last couple years but this was a special one coming right after he proclaimed himself to be the greatest defender in history.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Thomas said:

That almost 4 to 1 turnover ratio looks good on Trae. Hope to see plenty of repeats.

He's been at 2.5 to 1 (9.5/3.8) in March which is excellent for a guy that gets his volume of assists. People saying Trae isn't the same this year but really his scoring efficiency has been the same overall just that the usage has gone down during the current streak, and he has steadily improved his floor game which was rough early on in the year with LP. Of course having the pieces around him getting back healthy and stringing some games together has been key. Bogi and Gallo are beginning to identify their go to spots in the offense and the chemistry between Collins and Cap on offense is growing. A big question coming into the season was if Trae could be effective without dominating the ball and seeing a decrease in usage, and he is doing just that under Nate.

• Like 1

Watched the game last night.  Everything went right.  Awoke this morning.  Internet out.

Clippers got exactly what they really needed.  Hawks got exactly what they needed.  Add on the $$$$ and the 2nd round draft picks and we go - - WOW!  

John had what we have come to expect from him - another great game.  Everything is so tight in the east.  Three teams are in the lead and then, bunches of teams are very, very tight in the standings.  Some day we expect to have our entire roster healthy and available.  It ain't really happening but we can dream.

:smug:

• Like 1