• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big 3 established (Trae/Collins/Capela)

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

I like to imagine a team much more like the last NBA championship team from San Antonio, or that last one from Detroit... some stronger contributors than others, but so many strong contributors that, on any given day/night in any given big game, there could be a different "big 3" that showed up.

Emphasis on "like to."

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

We are FINALLY running the dude off screens. Mind numbing how we didn't do this early on in the year. 

Exactly. He can't find his rhythm if we're only using him as a spot up shooter. He's much more than that. 

• Like 1

Bogi offers a little but more grit and toughness too, and he is okay with mixing it up.

I've changed my mind so many times on this roster about who the starting 2 guard should be, but truthfully, when Kev goes through these slumps, it makes me appreciate the veteran presence of Bogi in the lineup who can find more ways to affect the game. I love that when the traps came against Trae, he was attacking and making plays with the ball.

We need Hunter to get back to speed so that he can gel with what is hopefully the final iteration of the starting 5 down the stretch.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 3/27/2021 at 3:43 PM, sturt said:

I like to imagine a team much more like the last NBA championship team from San Antonio, or that last one from Detroit... some stronger contributors than others, but so many strong contributors that, on any given day/night in any given big game, there could be a different "big 3" that showed up.

Emphasis on "like to."

The Big 10. We have the deepest team in the NBA when everyone is healthy and playing well. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

The Big 10. We have the deepest team in the NBA when everyone is healthy and playing well. 

If we are like the Big 10, we are in big trouble when the games count.  

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, terrell said:

What year do we get to stop using this excuse?

Excuse for what?.  we've already hit our win total from last year and gone from worst to 6 seed in the playoffs as it stands now.   Things are looking good.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Excuse for what?.  we've already hit our win total from last year and gone from worst to 6 seed in the playoffs as it stands now.   Things are looking good.   

Young team excuse..We're not that young anymore..Not the guys actually playing anyway..(Gallo, Snell, Bogi, Solo, Capela, are vets..(Trae, Huerter, Collins, yr 3 and 4)

Edited by terrell

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, terrell said:

Young team excuse..We're not that young anymore..Not the guys actually playing anyway..(Gallo, Snell, Bogi, Solo, Capela, are vets..(Trae, Huerter, Collins, yr 3 and 4)

I just didn't see anyone using it as an excuse for anything.   Just stating the fact that this is a young team.  Which is awesome.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

5 of our top 6 players by minutes per game are between 21 and 23 years old.  Those players are young and typically teams that are driven by players this age don't do particularly well.