• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

Yall boys listing your favorite lists and poor Capela can't get any love on them when that man is putting in way more work than most of those guys every night.  It hurts bad for my boy Cap  :*(  

My top 5 guys are  Collins, Capela, Hunter, Trae, and Cam(Duke Bias) in that order  Cam is falling fast though duke homerism can only take you so far XD

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because he's your favorite player.  And there's nothing wrong with that.

You praise Collins when he plays well, and ask why the team isn't getting him the ball more.  It's only natural for you to root for the players who you like the most.

I'm rooting for the team, not a player

• Like 2

@TheNorthCydeRises @sturt and the rest of the stat heads are gonna want more burn for Bruno as he was a +1, the only plus on our team tonight. I swear to god don’t, I’ll lose my $hit. Don’t. 🤦‍♀️ Stats are worthless. Bruno is an awesome person like Lloyd Pierce, I mean I assume, but he can’t play basketball well. Last year with us, he might land with another team but doubting that. 

@thecampster said something about Huerter shagging balls and staying late for the team, that’s dandy and all but start playing D otherwise package him outta here too. 

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I root for both.

But you and Re seems to be so Trae centric and only quote Trae stats and correlate them with winning and not anyone else's stats.  Y'all even ignore important team stats like Defensive rebounding, Defense and turnovers as important factors.  I find that a little unusual if you are rooting for a team to win.

• Like 1

lol we can talk about Trae all we want, but it has to make sense. For example, just remove Trae from tonights game, We might lose by 50. The dude gave us a chance to come back in the third. we could not grab a rebound or defend worth ********** I'm looking at you gallo, huerter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Yall boys listing your favorite lists and poor Capela can't get any love on them when that man is putting in way more work than most of those guys every night.  It hurts bad for my boy Cap  :*(  

My top 5 guys are  Collins, Capela, Hunter, Trae, and Cam(Duke Bias) in that order  Cam is falling fast though duke homerism can only take you so far XD

Capela is definitely in my top 3 Hawks.  His value to this team cannot be overlooked at all.  The fact that he was held to only 1 offensive rebound, was a big reason why we couldn't keep it close once we started to miss shots.  Denver, on the other hand, was using the offensive boards to extend the lead.

Bad game and really bad defensive effort. Even down Reddish, Dunn, Williams, and Hunter I expected more effort. The Hawks had shooting splits like 50/50/90 in the 3rd but were down 20.

I did not expect to win this one but still.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

lol we can talk about Trae all we want, but it has to make sense. For example, just remove Trae from tonights game, We might lose by 50. The dude gave us a chance to come back in the third. we could not grab a rebound or defend worth ********** I'm looking at you gallo, huerter

A fighting chance?  They lost by 30!  LOL!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

But you and Re seems to be so Trae centric and only quote Trae stats and correlate them with winning and not anyone else's stats.  Y'all even ignore important team stats like Defensive rebounding, Defense and turnovers as important factors.  I find that a little unusual if you are rooting for a team to win.

That's because his stats DO correlate with winning.   I'm a stat head, and I go through everybody's stats.  There are certain things that correlate with this team winning games.

Name a player.  I'll see if their stats correlate with winning, like Trae's scoring does.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's because his stats DO correlate with winning.   I'm a stat head, and I go through everybody's stats.  There are certain things that correlate with this team winning games.

Name a player.  I'll see if their stats correlate with winning, like Trae's scoring does.

Team stats correlate with winning not individual stats like the ones I mentioned.  Trae could have scored 40 night and lost when we don't rebound or play defense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's go with John Collins

• Hawks are 2 - 5 when he scores 30 or more points
  • Hawks are 7 - 10 when he scores 20 or more points
  • Hawks are 10 - 2 when Collins have 2 or more blocks
  • Hawks are 7 - 2 when Collins has 11 or more rebounds
  • Hawks are 10 - 6 when he has 5 or more FT attempts

So going by the data.  John Collins scoring the basketball doesn't necessarily correlate to winning.  What does correlate, is John being active defensively and getting on the boards, along with drawing fouls to get to the FT line.

John Collins tonight, when you look at the stats that he normally gets when the Hawks win:

• 5 FT attempts
  • 5 rebounds
  • 0 blocks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Team stats correlate with winning not individual stats like the ones I mentioned.  Trae could have scored 40 night and lost when we don't rebound or play defense. 

Trae's scoring really puts pressure on the other team's defense.  His scoring also opens up things for everyone else.

I value defense and rebounding just like you do.  You and I have been aligned even since last season, begging the Hawks to play BIG at all times, so that rebounding and defense becomes more consistent.  That's why they need to get Solo out of this lineup.   He might be a decent man defender, but he doesn't get rebounds and can't create his own offense.   Knight is far and away better than him at the 4 . . and even at the 3.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's go with John Collins

• Hawks are 2 - 5 when he scores 30 or more points
  • Hawks are 7 - 10 when he scores 20 or more points
  • Hawks are 10 - 2 when Collins have 2 or more blocks
  • Hawks are 7 - 2 when Collins has 11 or more rebounds
  • Hawks are 10 - 6 when he has 5 or more FT attempts

So going by the data.  John Collins scoring the basketball doesn't necessarily correlate to winning.  What does correlate, is John being active defensively and getting on the boards, along with drawing fouls to get to the FT line.

John Collins tonight, when you look at the stats that he normally gets when the Hawks win:

• 5 FT attempts
  • 5 rebounds
  • 0 blocks

Let me repeat myself.  Team stats matter more than individual stats and It aint scoring stats that matter the most.

• Premium Member

A lot of dissecting data and the game but that Nuggets team is going to the WCF.  Gordon is a perfect fit for them and Jokic is a machine within 15 feet.  They have a really balanced offense and if Murray goes supernova in the playoffs again and Jokic keeps playing how he is, I would not be surprised at all if they make the finals.  AG filled some holes for them too and their defense should improve too.  I don't like that we got blown out but this was going to be a really tough game regardless...

This game was a good measuring stick for our guys... we have a lot of work to do.  3 of our 4 best defenders are out right now so hopefully they get healthy and we see what the team can with Nate having more lineups at his disposal. 

• Like 1