• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nuggets

lethalweapon3

43 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why the Jokic hate? Just cause he's a slow, paunchy White guy? How about giving him credit for being a great player despite those limitations,  and challenging conventional norms about what a basketball player is "supposed to look like." And it's always White fans than love to criticize the appearance of White players. Does that win you woke points or something? Weird.

Point out the Jokic hate and where anybody said anything about his appearance?  We'll wait.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And have you noticed we share the sugar better? 💯 facts. North and Re will come in and give you stats on why he should be Marbury, I prefer Zeke.

The strange thing is I'm pretty both would tell you they want Zeke over Marbury.  (As would any sane person.  Nobody wants Trae to be like Marbury.)  

Thomas led his teams in FGA pretty much every season of his career from age 22 onward.  His teams did very well when he scored well and he was known more for asserting his offense than for his playmaking.  (For example, in their 1990 championship season they won at a 10% higher rate when he scored 21 or more).

Trae's assist numbers have resembled Thomas' much more than Marbury's.  Defense is where the big gap lies (in addition to scoring efficiency which was partly a product of their respective eras).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is why I will NEVER complain about Trae and the fouls he gets (baiting or otherwise) - I've been a Hawks fan long enough to know we have always been on the losing end of ref calls.

Same here. 

And I even take it a step further.  It's about time for the coach or the GM to really speak out about some of the continuation calls that Trae is NOT getting.   I know the refs don't want to constantly send Trae to the line every time he gets bumped . . but if the rules say that you can't hit people going to the basket, they need to call the foul.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

2. Official disrespect.  I phrase it that way because I do believe there has been an official edict that Trae gets too many calls.  Early in the season, refs got embarrassed by the calls Trae got.  They weren't incorrect calls.  The defender was literally running into the guy.  But they got so much attention that refs incorrectly snapped back and now won't call anything.  That's not right.  His continuation, on textbook continuation calls, is no longer awarded.  Why?  Because refs got in their feelings about the first month of the season.

Understand, I'm well aware the continuation rules have changed.  I'm not referring to what we used to know as continuation.  I'm referring to the 2021-version of the rule/process.

It's not right and, sadly, when we make the playoffs folks will write it off as, "Bwah, Trae's a different player when dey don't give him calls."  It's two different things.  Yes, he needs to be able to succeed without a parade to the line but also yes these are continuation fouls.

The other apparent byproduct of this 'official disrespect' is that teammates aren't given the benefit of the doubt on contact.

Should've read this post before I posted mine.

100% agree.

• Like 1

Damn bruh I thought DeAndre was killing it before he got hurt.  Michael Porter Jr. has a monstrous eFG of .632 and ratings of 124/112 with only a 20% usage.  He’ll never be a decent passer but as he improves his defensive tools he’s gonna be an issue.  Another one of the few players in the league who give you a cool 90s vibe, that boy hit the offensive glass like a G.  And his 60/40 split of playing SF/ PF makes Malone happy I’m sure.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Should've read this post before I posted mine.

100% agree.

Right back atcha.

I know it's unpopular to call for more calls for the guy that gets the most fts in the league, but the rule is the rule.  They don't have the option to choose not to enforce it.  They need to lobby for the rule to be changed, if they don't like it.

As it is, they're basically protesting against one dude just because they're embarrassed.

How 'bout grow a pair and tell the complaining players/coaches to learn the freaking rule(s) and stop fouling the dude?

That's how that works and it's time for someone Hawk-related to point it out.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I would but then I'd be in trouble with the mods

Heh, you're already in trouble with the mods, homes.  For some reason, you keep tap dancin' on that thin ice. 😄

Not sayin' I'd be happy if you (finally) fell through, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop tossin' firecrackers at yer feet. 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And have you noticed we share the sugar better? 💯 facts. North and Re will come in and give you stats on why he should be Marbury, I prefer Zeke.

I just want Trae to go off for 30-40+ every now and then that's all..Is that too much to ask?lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

They're a 5-seed, homes.  He's good but he's no mvp.  Shiii, Devin Booker's got a better case.

He means more the Nuggets than Booker means to the Suns. Paul is the only reason the Suns are a playoff team this year. Joker has been the man for the Nuggs almost since the jump.  No contest whose better and who should be winning the MVP. Hint: It is Jokic. Well, that's not a hint so much as a statement of fact.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

I just want Trae to go off for 30-40+ every now and then that's all..Is that too much to ask?lol. 

Ya I like those night too they are fun and remind me of when Nique went off, just in general I’d rather him get 15 dimes that 40 points. 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I like those night too they are fun and remind me of when Nique went off, just in general I’d rather him get 15 dimes that 40 points. 

If you're truly about team success in the W/L column . .

more Trae dimes = less Hawks wins

more Trae points = more Hawks wins

Thats A Fact Jack GIFs | Tenor

16 hours ago, Sothron said:

He means more the Nuggets than Booker means to the Suns. Paul is the only reason the Suns are a playoff team this year. Joker has been the man for the Nuggs almost since the jump.  No contest whose better and who should be winning the MVP. Hint: It is Jokic. Well, that's not a hint so much as a statement of fact.

Eh, DEN is pretty much the same as they were last year.  Actually a little worse.  Meanwhile, PHX went from lotto to fighting for the 2-3 seed out West.  If not Booker, give Paul the nod.  What they've done far exceeds what DEN is doing.

C'mon, saphron.  Be objective.  If MIN went from where they are to where PHX is now, even I'd have to admit Townsy would be an MVP.

Good thing I never have to worry about that though.  Can you imagine the absolute crap I'd get from you if that happened? whew

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, DEN is pretty much the same as they were last year.  Actually a little worse.  Meanwhile, PHX went from lotto to fighting for the 2-3 seed out West.  If not Booker, give Paul the nod.  What they've done far exceeds what DEN is doing.

C'mon, saphron.  Be objective.  If MIN went from where they are to where PHX is now, even I'd have to admit Townsy would be an MVP.

Good thing I never have to worry about that though.  Can you imagine the absolute crap I'd get from you if that happened? whew

This is what makes the MVP vote more complicated.  It becomes about who has the "feel-good", "overachiever" story instead of who is the most valuable player.  IMO, Jordan should have won MVP every year in his prime despite his team "only" meeting expectations a lot of those years.  Guys who are the legit best player in the league get passed over for the guy who is the best player on the team with the most interesting story.  I think that is not the way it should be but who votes on it cares what I think.

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If you're truly about team success in the W/L column . .

more Trae dimes = less Hawks wins

more Trae points = more Hawks wins

Thats A Fact Jack GIFs | Tenor

I see you posting correlative stats a lot on here and then implying cause/effect -- just wanted to point out that is not how statistics work or good science / data analysis, especially in something as multi-faceted as basketball.  You can make accurate judgements on the past that are factual such as "We have won X games when Trae scores more than 30 this season" but extrapolating that into predicting future outcomes is misguided

• Like 2