• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Power Rankings - The Athletic

thecampster

https://theathletic.com/2498411/2021/04/13/nuggets-move-up-to-no-1-clippers-also-rise-in-nba-power-rankings-plus-good-and-bad-lineups-for-every-team/?source=freedailyemail

11. Atlanta Hawks (↑Previously 12th), 29-25, +1.5 net rating

Weekly slate: Win over Pelicans, Loss to Grizzlies, Win over Bulls, Win at Hornets

Good lineup: Trae Young | Kevin Huerter | Tony Snell | Danilo Gallinari | John Collins

Stats: 127.0 offensive rating | 104.3 defensive rating | +22.7 net rating | 92 minutes played | 5th most used lineup

Why it’s important: I’m shocked at how effective this lineup has been for the Hawks. It’s killing it defensively without Clint Capela, and we’re seeing the type of offensive firepower the Hawks hoped they were bringing in with guys like Danilo Gallinari. My guess is we probably won’t see too much of this lineup in the postseason, but it’s full of floor-spreaders and options for Trae Young to pass to.

Bad lineup: Trae Young | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Tony Snell | John Collins | Clint Capela

Stats: 120.9 offensive rating | 135.9 defensive rating | -15.0 net rating | 45 minutes played | 10th most used lineup

Question that arises: Will the Hawks defend when it comes to the postseason? I’m also shocked at how abysmal this lineup has been for the Hawks. If the lineup above is so effective on defense, how is this one worse? This Hawks lineup has been brilliant offensively, which you would expect pairing Young with Bogdan Bogdanovic. But no lineup with Capela should struggle this dramatically on defense.

Edited by thecampster
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

https://theathletic.com/2498411/2021/04/13/nuggets-move-up-to-no-1-clippers-also-rise-in-nba-power-rankings-plus-good-and-bad-lineups-for-every-team/?source=freedailyemail

11. Atlanta Hawks (↑Previously 12th), 29-25, +1.5 net rating

Weekly slate: Win over Pelicans, Loss to Grizzlies, Win over Bulls, Win at Hornets

Good lineup: Trae Young | Kevin Huerter | Tony Snell | Danilo Gallinari | John Collins

Stats: 127.0 offensive rating | 104.3 defensive rating | +22.7 net rating | 92 minutes played | 5th most used lineup

Why it’s important: I’m shocked at how effective this lineup has been for the Hawks. It’s killing it defensively without Clint Capela, and we’re seeing the type of offensive firepower the Hawks hoped they were bringing in with guys like Danilo Gallinari. My guess is we probably won’t see too much of this lineup in the postseason, but it’s full of floor-spreaders and options for Trae Young to pass to.

Bad lineup: Trae Young | Bogdan Bogdanovic | Tony Snell | John Collins | Clint Capela

Stats: 120.9 offensive rating | 135.9 defensive rating | -15.0 net rating | 45 minutes played | 10th most used lineup

Question that arises: Will the Hawks defend when it comes to the postseason? I’m also shocked at how abysmal this lineup has been for the Hawks. If the lineup above is so effective on defense, how is this one worse? This Hawks lineup has been brilliant offensively, which you would expect pairing Young with Bogdan Bogdanovic. But no lineup with Capela should struggle this dramatically on defense.

Not saying anything but that lineup difference from best to worst shows how bad BB was to start the season (before Nate's adjustments that pushed he and Kevin to catch and shoot off of curls).

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not saying anything but that lineup difference from best to worst shows how bad BB was to start the season (before Nate's adjustments that pushed he and Kevin to catch and shoot off of curls).

It's also just a very small sample size with that lineup. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I don't know how they come up with these numbers, that's why I'm always cautious with this stuff.  Snell was out injured to start the season, while Bogi was playing off the bench in the early part of the season.

• Like 1