• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Fair warning.  If you're gonna listen to the CHA broadcast, don't.  Their pbp guy is a strange combination of horrible and annoying.

When Bridges hit that monster dunk, the PBP guy was in such a frenzy he totally ignored Bogi hitting the three immediately afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dejay said:

Bogdanovic. Capela. Lou Williams. These are the type of guys we usually watch other teams get before making playoff runs while our front office sit on their hands and make excuses.

For the first time in many years, we have a slew of depth featuring guys who can actually PLAY. Just how many do they lose this kind of game by last year without Trae, Collins, Cam, and Hunter? 18? 26?

If it wasn't for injuries and some questionable coaching, you could forget about the 4th seed; we would be talking about homecourt advantage in the East and placing bets on how soon would they clinch the division.

Great team win on the road. Toronto is next, keep that energy...

If the team is healthy, how many games do they win with LP at the helm?

Remember, they did start out great, with a 3 - 0 and then a 4 - 2 record.

So how many do we win if everyone was relatively healthy all year?   Also, we probably don't make the Lou trade if everyone was healthy.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If the team is healthy, how many games do they win with LP at the helm?

Remember, they did start out great, with a 3 - 0 and then a 4 - 2 record.

So how many do we win if everyone was relatively healthy all year?   Also, we probably don't make the Lou trade if everyone was healthy.

Who?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Also, we probably don't make the Lou trade if everyone was healthy.

Which is why Im perfectly fine with the way the season has gone outside of length of all these injuries.

Nate and Lou would have never come about "if" we were winning all along.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 - 2

• lost by 14 at Milwaukee
  • lost by 21 vs Utah
  • won by 23 at New Orleans
  • won by 4 at Charlotte

Point differential ( -8 )

Good looking.  I was guessing around -5 to +2 per game.  -2 is a small sample but it ain’t bad.  Rondo’s on/ off numbers are as bad as he looked, I hate we couldn’t stabilize a respectable second unit with Goodwin being baptized in fire.  His shooting would undoubtedly look much better with more reps.  No way a dude with his hunger should be DNP-CD’d for stretches.  I hope that baby is pissing and earling all over Lloyd.  Schlenk is the one who signed Rondo to a horrific 7 mil with much better options let him babysit a couple days and get some too.

I’m outta the loop but when the hell is Dunn expected to debut?  He’s been listed on the IR for the past few weeks, pump faking like he about to suit up.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

When Bridges hit that monster dunk, the PBP guy was in such a frenzy he totally ignored Bogi hitting the three immediately afterwards.

It was like that most of the game.  Like, did they have a contest that put a fan on the mic or something?

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's why people shouldn't complain about the Atlanta broadcast.  There are much worse broadcast teams around the league.

I'm just disappointed none of y'all turned around the "strange combination of horrible and annoying" comment back on me.

*whew*  Glad you folks got no sense of humor. 😏

Lastly, why am I just now hearing the Bogi BANGdonovich thing, courtesy of the Holman?  I'm totally stealing that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That's why people shouldn't complain about the Atlanta broadcast.  There are much worse broadcast teams around the league.

If you want a homer broadcast, as a Hornets fan you might like them. We have a strongly homer broadcast as well. Nique takes shots at other teams, "terrrrible shot." Most broadcasters won't do that.

Edited by bleachkit

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm just disappointed none of y'all turned around the "strange combination of horrible and annoying" comment back on me.

*whew*  Glad you folks got no sense of humor. 😏

Lastly, why am I just now hearing the Bogi BANGdonovich thing, courtesy of the Holman?  I'm totally stealing that.

BANGdonovich for the win

New faces have indeed made a difference. Wow. Want to say that there was some discussion about Capela earning that contract a little over a year ago. We are so different now and he is just huge for us. Everyone has woken up to Bogi now as well. Very good times even with just a stupid amount of games missed with everyone's injuries. We look really good. A good place here at the Sqwuak.  

• Like 2

Nate seems to bring that Larry Brown kinda chemistry thing for us. He understands it so well and think he and TS fit well together figuring out the rotation. Example being the Lou trade. Nate may be a bit better at chemistry because he doesn't grate on player's nerves and the players remember Nate played in the last century.