• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

If you want a homer broadcast, as a Hornets fan you might like them. We have a strongly homer broadcast as well. Nique takes shots at other teams, "terrrrible shot." Most broadcasters won't do that.

My favorite I've seen this year has been the kings broadcast crew. The play by play guy was straight busting out poems lol

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, gHost83 said:

I'm stiiiiiiillll freaking waiting on the Bogi haters 🙄😒

If you are waiting for people who took a dump on him and said he added nothing of value to the team or even advocated getting rid of him to admit they were wrong...I think you may be waiting for a very long time.  The good news is the people here are all Hawks fans so you have the opportunity to settle for seeing the people who dumped on him cheer him on in games like this.  That is basically a concession and it comes with positivity to Bogi and the team to boot.  Not the worst conciliation prize.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you are waiting for people who took a dump on him and said he added nothing of value to the team or even advocated getting rid of him to admit they were wrong...I think you may be waiting for a very long time.  The good news is the people here are all Hawks fans so you have the opportunity to settle for seeing the people who dumped on him cheer him on in games like this.  That is basically a concession and it comes with positivity to Bogi and the team to boot.  Not the worst conciliation prize.

Bogi is typically a slow starter, and then of course he got hurt. But he is a legit big time shooter. Bogi and Gallo didnt come cheap, but man, that shooting is a difference maker for us. Not many teams have three different guys that can each knock down 6 or 7 threes in a game if they get hot. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

Fair warning.  If you're gonna listen to the CHA broadcast, don't.  Their pbp guy is a strange combination of horrible and annoying.

I actually like that guy. He is so excited about basketball and his enthusiasm jumps through the screen. Much better than some of these “golf” announcers out there sucking the energy out if the broadcast. The only other team’s announcer I like is the Heat guy. 

• Like 1

@Gray Mule Gramps your guy Goodwin showed out. The kid has heart. I remember you were a big fan of his when he came up and saw something in him when others didn’t think he belonged. I will admit I didn’t think he would make it this far with us. Wise take once again. He plays with all hustle and acts of ever game is his last. Nice call once again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I was thinking during the game about Solo.   You so rarely get to see guys with his abilities play in the NBA much less for years and years.  The guy is an average shooter, not very good handles, ok finisher at best, probably above average defender but just does all the little things well and hustles like crazy.   It's no wonder he keeps getting jobs.   Coaches know exactly what they will get from him every time and that's really valuable.  

Being good at NBA Basketball is a lot different than being statistically productive. He's a high impact, low volume guy who plays with BBIQ, energy, communicates, and works extremely hard on the court. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Being good at NBA Basketball is a lot different than being statistically productive. He's a high impact, low volume guy who plays with BBIQ, energy, communicates, and works extremely hard on the court. 

Ya, I mean look at Ben Simmons. SIGN 🪧 IT!!! SIGN IT!! (Jambrad) NEVEEEEERRRRRRRRRE (Spud struggling... helllllllpppp).

-Sp   Uuuu    D 

🏃‍♀️ Jambraaaaaadddd is after me!!!! Help!!!! @kg01 He’s trying to hack my account...call the mods!!! No cops 👮‍♂️ please... 😶 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya, I mean look at Ben Simmons. SIGN 🪧 IT!!! SIGN IT!! (Jambrad) NEVEEEEERRRRRRRRRE (Spud struggling... helllllllpppp).

-Sp   Uuuu    D 

🏃‍♀️ Jambraaaaaadddd is after me!!!! Help!!!! @kg01 He’s trying to hack my account...call the mods!!! No cops 👮‍♂️ please... 😶 

Are you ok Spud? 

Type 1 for yes and 2 for no.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I was thinking during the game about Solo.   You so rarely get to see guys with his abilities play in the NBA much less for years and years.  The guy is an average shooter, not very good handles, ok finisher at best, probably above average defender but just does all the little things well and hustles like crazy.   It's no wonder he keeps getting jobs.   Coaches know exactly what they will get from him every time and that's really valuable.  

Coaches needs these types of guys they know won't make many mental mistakes.  Not that Solo doesn't, especially when he tries to do too much beyond his skillset. That's when he becomes LOLomon. I do wish his time at PF was more limited, he'd be better on the wings.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This^^^

• Like 1