• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The narrative here was, "Rondo is providing leadership, teaching Trae the nuances of the game." Now it's "Rondo sucked, Lou is way better." Uh-huh. 

To toot my own horn, i thought Rondo sucked the whole time and never believed he was providing leadership.   I'm sure he was trying...in his own way but seemed to me like guys were at the very least indifferent to his incessant chatting, techs from the bench and horrible play.   But this doesn't sound like a guy missing Rondo's leadership that much:

“He’s such a humble dude. For somebody who’s so accomplished in his career, for him to be the type of guy he is, it’s fun to have him in the locker room. He’s a good dude... happy he’s back here in Atlanta.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

The narrative here was, "Rondo is providing leadership, teaching Trae the nuances of the game." Now it's "Rondo sucked, Lou is way better." Uh-huh. 

Uh, most people (not me) thought Rondo stank while he was here so not sure what you're getting at.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uh, most people (not me) thought Rondo stank while he was here so not sure what you're getting at.

There werent a lot, but there were a couple posters who highly touted his supposed leadership, and defended his horrible play with the "just wait until the playoffs" line. I wont name any names though.

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There werent a lot, but there were a couple posters who highly touted his supposed leadership, and defended his horrible play with the "just wait until the playoffs" line. I wont name any names though.

Name 'em.  Don't be scared.

I know it's not me.  I touted his leadership but never defended his play.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think he had one good game, maybe two. For the most part he was absolutely horrible, borderline unplayable. 

Yep.   I'm a little irrational on the subject but i will say in his defense that this just wasn't the offense and wasn't the team makeup for him.   It was a bad fit and i think Travis realized that.   He got slightly better under Nate but still not good.   I'm also not convinced that this wasn't the plan or at least plan 1b for both Travis and Rondo.   I know the 2 year deal makes it seem unlikely but i think they knew a contender like the Clips would come calling. 

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

A deep front we have 

🤭... that’s what she said. Thomas I’m giddy, and apparently still in the maturing process in my 40’s. YES WE DO. I guess it would be off putting to yell, WE GOT BEAUTIFUL BIGS! My neighbors are side eyeing me already this would push it over the top. I’m not crazy, I’m just a starving Hawks fan damnit why can’t people understand that? 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 3

Rondo was signed for 2 years.  Hawks got what they wanted from him.  Then, along came a trade offer.  Hawks liked the trade and it was made.  Both teams were well pleased with their new player.  

Even trade.  Wonderful!  But, wait.  Bonus!  Hawks also got 2 future 2nd round picks and $5 million cash to make everything work out, salary wise.  Wow!

Personally, I wouldn't trade back if it were an even, player for player trade.  I hope that the Clippers feel the same way.  That's how a good trade works.  Both sides are well satisfied.

Clippers really want "playoff Rondo."  Hawks want "right now Lou."  I believe our new Hawk is a better fit.  Would we be as good as we are if he wasn't here?  I sincerely doubt it.

:smug:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know things are getting back to 'normal' when fans get free chicken (The Magic missed 2 consecutive freethrows in the 4th)

I initially read that as "Free Chick Fil A" . . . . and stopped . . . like Chick Fil A was in jail or something.

My brain must be tired, because I have no idea why I did that.

Maybe I need a nap before tonight's game vs the Knicks.

• Haha 2