• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Final 10 Games Overview

Final_quest

Time to look at our last ten games.  They are not easy wins, but other teams like the Knicks also have a tough schedule.  Our hardest games are coming up, and then we end the season on two very winnable games.

Wed, Apr 28      
Fri, Apr 30      
Sat, May 1      
Mon, May 3      
Wed, May 5      
Thu, May 6      
Mon, May 10      
Wed, May 12      
Thu, May 13      
Sun, May 16  

The Knicks are playing a west coast road trip of 6 games featuring the very top of the western conference.  Then they end the season against three other playoff teams at home including a finale against Boston.  

The Heat and Celtics are three games behind us if you consider tie breakers.  Plus, they play each other twice.  They both can't run the table, and the way they are playing that is unlikely anyways.  

Things look bad with our injuries, but after seeing the Knicks schedule we are sitting in a good place.  The tie breaker advantage over Miami and Boston is huge. 

My assessment is we will play in the 4-5 matchup, and it's even likely we will be the #4 seed.    

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Yea, I've been checking this out as well.  I think if we can go 6-4 or 5-5 we should be in good shape.  I'd be very happy at the 5 seed if that's where we end up, but I also agree we can still get the 4 seed depending on how the Knicks play.  Celtics look embarrassing every other game, so I don't really see them catapulting up.  Heat have some good teams left as well.

• Like 1

I've accepted that unless something catastrophic happens, we are playing the Knicks in round 1. Whether we have homecourt or not is up for debate. But the 4-5 matchup is our likely destiny.

And it's going to be a tough matchup. Both teams playing hotter than the top 3 seeds. Hungry, young, energized. Yeah, it going to be a good show.

• Like 4

The Knicks schedule is the toughest of all the teams trying to get the 4 seed.  I would not be surprised if Miami or Boston passes them.  If they lose one of their next two games it would make it even tougher for them.  
Playoffs start right now for me.  I usually only watch the Hawks, but will be watching these other teams in the coming weeks, should be fun.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I think we can go 6 and 4. The thing we have to watch out for are players returning into the line up and the adjustment period. Specifically Dre.  He had a pretty big role before he left. We he try to just fit in when he comes back or reassert himself and other players like John and Bogi fall back a little bit?  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I think we can go 6 and 4. The thing we have to watch out for are players returning into the line up and the adjustment period. Specifically Dre.  He had a pretty big role before he left. We he try to just fit in when he comes back or reassert himself and other players like John and Bogi fall back a little bit?  

I think Hunter will be coming off the bench initially, that's if Huerter is back sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I usually only watch the Hawks, but will be watching these other teams in the coming weeks, should be fun.  

This is me right now....checking the games for NYK, BOS, MIA, CHO.

So tonight we have Hornets at Celtics, Bulls at Knicks, Spurs at Heat.

• Like 2

Hawks must win at least 3 to remain over .500 for the season:  37-35.

At season's first game, we would have been happy with this record.  But, we seem to believe that we maybe could be better than this.  Atlanta and New York seem to be settled in at 4 & 5 in the east.  This means they face each other in the first round.  #4 gets home court edge.  Sadly, the knickerbockers have had their way with this Hawk team.

Right now, our next two are at the 76ers.  How healthy are we?  

:smug:

• Premium Member

A little concerning everyone seems very confident the standings won't move much in the last 10 games and we will for sure be 4/5 seed.  A lot can happen in 10 games and end of season matchups are not as predictable

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

A little concerning everyone seems very confident the standings won't move much in the last 10 games and we will for sure be 4/5 seed.  A lot can happen in 10 games and end of season matchups are not as predictable

Only a problem if the team or coaches are taking that attitude.  A lot has changed for us in the standings over the last 10 games.  Nothing is guaranteed.  I'm sure Nate is well aware of that and nobody on the team should be feeling entitled.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only a problem if the team or coaches are taking that attitude.  A lot has changed for us in the standings over the last 10 games.  Nothing is guaranteed.  I'm sure Nate is well aware of that and nobody on the team should be feeling entitled.

Yeah I know I just get more nervous when people get confident in our success or continued success, and especially banking on other teams to fail -- so either way I just want us to get 5-7 wins in these last 10, depending on our injury situation and how much other teams decide to rest guys

• Like 1

We are about to lose 2 straight to the 76ers. Then if Trae gets back we can close out the season with 7 or 8 wins. The Suns game is a toss up in my mind. I think the Knicks falter and Boston or Miami overtake them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah I know I just get more nervous when people get confident in our success or continued success, and especially banking on other teams to fail -- so either way I just want us to get 5-7 wins in these last 10, depending on our injury situation and how much other teams decide to rest guys

Yep.  I agree.  Every time the Hawks take the floor, I wonder, what's going to happen this time?  Will it be good or bad?  Will some Hawk have a great game tonight?  Can we stay with this team?

:wub:

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

We are about to lose 2 straight to the 76ers. Then if Trae gets back we can close out the season with 7 or 8 wins. The Suns game is a toss up in my mind. I think the Knicks falter and Boston or Miami overtake them.

For some strange reason - I think we will win one of the Philly games. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I am mainly watching the Celtics and Heat.  Every time they lose it will make it that much harder to make up a 3 game lead we have on them.  
Celtics end with a game against the Knicks.  

Correct, because we own the tie breaker over both squads, we are sitting on a 3 game lead essentially with 10 to go. 

Celtics and Heat play each other TWICE as well. Nothing is guaranteed as anyone could end up running the table, but it is unlikely that both of the Heat and Celtics can pass us.

We may go on a small skid due to injury, but if everyone comes back like they claim they will in the next week, we have an opportunity to finish really strong to end the year. 

• Like 4