• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers (Hump Day)

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This is the first time all year that I've seen Capela get completely outmatched. Embiid is just bullying him right now.

I would expect Capela to do better in a more competitive game. He started out strong, but getting blown out like that when you knew from the jump you didn't have the horses to compete is demoralizing.

But, yeah, Embiid is a freak. It was wild seeing OO next to him during FTs. 

• Like 2

Atlanta on both ends of blow out games last night.  (Braves - 10  Cubs - 0)

Dunn got his first points as a Hawk.  Wanting to just win one quarter, Hawks fought hard in the 3rd but failed to even get the one quarter.  Cubs used position players to pitch in the late innings and Braves didn't score on them.  But, they worked over their pitchers.

One nice thing about the Hawks game, no player got the "Did not play - Coaches decision."  We literally did clear the bench last night.  Missing so many pieces.  Injured players, Capela and Goodman were pressed into service. Will we be any real different Friday night?  

Hawks must go 3-6 or better to end the season above .500.  

In our previous loss, we said, "Cheer up.  Things could be worse.  Sure enough, things got worse."

Better days ahead!  Go Atl Hawks!

:smug:

• Like 2

So on a much, much more positive note.

Atlanta Hawks center Clint Capela is on his way to averaging a at least a 14-14-60% season, a line only done twice and it was by all-time great Wilt Chamberlain in the past.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

That game was a dud!  I'm hoping they just rested Bogi, and Trae and Dre return tomorrow!!! 

🤞

I hate that the others around us pretty much all won last night but I hope last night helped us get healthier in the long run.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I hate that the others around us pretty much all won last night but I hope last night helped us get healthier in the long run.

If Trae, Bogi and at least one of Huerter/Hunter could play friday that would be fantastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If Trae, Bogi and at least one of Huerter/Hunter could play friday that would be fantastic.

I hope everybody comes back just for this game, whups dey a**, so so they know what's up.

38 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Turned it off in the third quarter.

Bro, you know what I was doin' by the 3rd quarter ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47cx05ybzq48ox2a8d80

• Haha 2