• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heat vs Celtics 2 Game Thread *unofficial

Final_quest

34 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not just those two, against anybody in the entire league. The NBA hates us. We have to have an us against the world mentality because it truly is just that.

I find it funny that opposing fans look at Trae and surmise he's a league creation.  As if the league goes out of their way to prop him up by "giving" him calls and whatnot.

So you're telling me the league put all this time/energy into "making" Trae Young ... then gives the Hawks 1 national TV game every year?

I'm not Merril Lynch or anything my I'mma go out on a limb and say that's a recipe for a terrible return on that investment(sic).

Have folks not seen the stretches refs go through to not interpret his shots as such so as to avoid continuation calls?  Like, "Yeah Trae I know you were into your shooting motion but I don't think it was a shot shot."

It's objectively embarrassing how they've changed the rule(s) since our CHI game at the beginning of the season.

So I won't go as far as to say the league "hates" us.  But they suuuure do make you wonder.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm real interested to see how Heurter fairs in the playoffs.  I'm still disappointed that he shys away from contact at the rim.   That would be huge if he could get to the line in the playoffs.  

Kevin's made great strides in his game this season especially in the midrange. 

We have to remember he's still super young and can't expect everything to come together for him in a few years.  He's improved his aggressiveness but still sucks at finishing at the rim in a crowd.

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I find it funny that opposing fans look at Trae and surmise he's a league creation.  As if the league goes out of their way to prop him up by "giving" him calls and whatnot.

So you're telling me the league put all this time/energy into "making" Trae Young ... then gives the Hawks 1 national TV game every year?

I'm not Merril Lynch or anything my I'mma go out on a limb and say that's a recipe for a terrible return on that investment(sic).

Have folks not seen the stretches refs go through to not interpret his shots as such so as to avoid continuation calls?  Like, "Yeah Trae I know you were into your shooting motion but I don't think it was a shot shot."

It's objectively embarrassing how they've changed the rule(s) since our CHI game at the beginning of the season.

So I won't go as far as to say the league "hates" us.  But they suuuure do make you wonder.

You must be on Realgm..lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

We gotta come to play, regardless.  If we don't then, as you suggest, we could be buried.  If we walk around complaining about no-calls, we'll get swept.  Full stop (am I using that right?).

Hopefully they've been instructed, and are ready, to play through contact every possession of every game.  It's coming.

As finesse offensive players who've participated in playoff runs, Lou and Gallo have to be instrumental in sharing their experiences.

This is it right here.  No one is gonna feel sorry for us.  We have to come out with an attitude that says we belong and we are better than you.  The refs read your tone, and if we come out like a scared rookie they will call every limp wristed slap and partial body check.  We have to impose our will and be assassins.  Take on our coach's attitude.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm real interested to see how Heurter fairs in the playoffs.  I'm still disappointed that he shys away from contact at the rim.   That would be huge if he could get to the line in the playoffs.  

He's probably worried about getting his shoulder hurt on drives to the rim.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He's probably worried about getting his shoulder hurt on drives to the rim.

He needs to build strength to be able to absorb contact and finish thru it. I think he'll get there.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He needs to build strength to be able to absorb contact and finish thru it. I think he'll get there.

True, but once you have a couple shoulder injuries, they are very easy to get reinjured. I suspect he's worried about someone swiping at his arm on the way to the basketball because it's hard to protect yourself from fouls to your arms on the way up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

True, but once you have a couple shoulder injuries, they are very easy to get reinjured. I suspect he's worried about someone swiping at his arm on the way to the basketball because it's hard to protect yourself from fouls to your arms on the way up.

Kev was driving strong to the hole against Phoenix, which is after he came back. I never saw him dunk on a fast break off the dribble before. He can do it. 

The thing to watch about him is that both injuries to his shoulder have come with pretty incidental contact on the perimeter and not driving in the lane or anything. Reminds me of Al and his pecks, and how they were so freaky, but he never rebounded the same after that. 

Idk, Im just vamping right now, can't wait for tip off.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kev was driving strong to the hole against Phoenix, which is after he came back. I never saw him dunk on a fast break off the dribble before. He can do it. 

The thing to watch about him is that both injuries to his shoulder have come with pretty incidental contact on the perimeter and not driving in the lane or anything. Reminds me of Al and his pecks, and how they were so freaky, but he never rebounded the same after that. 

Idk, Im just vamping right now, can't wait for tip off.

Al's pec injuries were weird. That's not a common injury in basketball. Most common are foot, knee and ankle of course.