• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Knicks Rd1 - Playoffs Series 2021

JTB

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, sturt said:

Have to say, there's one thing about this series that stands out to me as most unexpected by far, and that's our defense. Now maybe it's just that the Knicks have been that bad offensively. But it seems like some of the best defensive effort and coordination that I've seen from a Hawks team in a long, long time. We're actually not just okay, not just decent, but good. And that, no matter who is on the floor. I feel like I'm seeing guys do things I didn't even know they were capable of doing, including Trae, including Gallo... it's stunning, and of course, in a completely positive way.

Am I just being a hyped-up hallucinating homer?

I thought we would show up defensively, but they have impressed me even with my high expectations. There are stretches where they straight up dominate on defense. To me the most emblematic sequence was the "phantom" 24 second no call... followed by a 24 second violation. Never seen that happen before. 

• Like 3

This is a solid breakdown from a knicks fan of what we are doing to Randle and how it's working for us, but also where Randle and his shooters are making things easy for us by not taking advantage of the holes we are leaving by doubling him.

I do think we have this series in the bag, but this also should prepare our fans for the reality that our defense is probably going to come back down to earth when we play a team with better personnel. The knicks just don't have the people to take advantage of our weak areas. 

But if we try to double other teams best players like we are Randle, it's probably not going to work out as well for us, especially if it's Embiid. He will actually hit the correct passes and has teammates that can knock down the open shots.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I thought we would show up defensively, but they have impressed me even with my high expectations. There are stretches where they straight up dominate on defense. To me the most emblematic sequence was the "phantom" 24 second no call... followed by a 24 second violation. Never seen that happen before. 

Imagine if Reddish and Dunn was a part of the regular rotation, this could be a championship defense  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Knicks could've beaten us, talent gap be d*mned.  They could still beat us..

Thibs is overrated as a coach.  His team doesn't look prepared.

I will say one thing, I like the team concept better than the Nets though. Nets are like the pretty boy band. :indifferent:

• Premium Member

The question was asked, can the Knicks up there intensity in the playoffs since they have been playing with that brand of intensity in the regular season. I guess we now know.

Randle is not a playmaking forward and he's left hand dominant. He a scorer that can make plays off the double - he's not bringing the ball up and initiating the offense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Thuggery 2.0 in full effect Wednesday. @TheNorthCydeRises we wanted to keep Bruno on the roster, release him on Wednesday.

I agree.

And if they do something to Trae, I'm even in favor of him coming off the bench and taking that 1 game suspension.

If he's not going to play on the court, he may as well play bodyguard.

He's done it before.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hawkman said:

No Quickley, that's not a part of having fans at the games. Stop normalizing this inappropriate behavior. What a toxic fan base. Hopefully, the Hawks take care of business Wednesday and get them out of the national sports spotlight. 

From one toxic fan base to another. If we win, that mean's dealing with Philly fans, dang near the same thing lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1