• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Looking at Game 2 NYK

Diesel

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn't do the all bench lineups, but I was noting that I found it interesting that Trae didn't play the full 1st or 3rd quarter. 

I actually like that, but I was going to have him brought back sooner than he was.

Trae wasn't that sharp in the 3rd and Lou came in and saved our bacon.   Really good rotations by Nate all night i thought.   the bench guys got beat for a bit but we righted the ship

• Like 3

• Premium Member

What are your thoughts on the ALL OFFENSE LINEUP?

Props to Atlanta Hawks head coach Nate McMillan for getting funky in the team's 107-105 victory over the New York Knicks. He rolled out the all-offense-everything lineup of Trae Young, Bogdan Bogdanovic, Kevin Huerter, Danilo Gallinari and John Collins for seven minutes, making it his third-most used unit of the night.

For context, the Hawks deployed this five-man arrangement eight times during the regular season spanning a grand total of 19 minutes. Put another way: This group logged roughly 27 percent of its minutes for the entire year (26) on Sunday.

Atlanta might as well make this quintet a thing. It outscored New York by nine points—the equivalent of 56.3 points per 100 possessions—while shooting 8-of-16 from the floor.

Granted, these results run contrary to regular-season returns, and it absolutely matters who the Knicks have in the game for these stretches. But they're not a team that hunts mismatches in volume, and they stayed true to form for most of Game 1. Young was barely targeted on the defensive end. New York was content—overly so—to let him stay glued to stationary shooters.

This fivesome could be too fragile on defense over the course of an entire series. But the entertainment factor is off the charters. Everyone can shoot threes. Four of the five are capable of manufacturing looks off the dribble. Collins will have room to rim run for days.

At the very least, McMillan owes it to himself—and to you, and to me—to let the A.O.E. lineup loose again in Game 2...and every game thereafter...until it stops working

Top Takeaway from Every NBA Team's 2021 Playoff Debut | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I respectfully disagree.  An aggressive Trae Young from the start, has always paid good dividends for us this year.  His scoring scares opponents more than his passing.   His scoring is also an offensive stabilizer.  He should only be the decoy if they're purposely trying to take the ball out of his hands.

But with superstars, they even find ways to beat double teams.

I agree with what your saying, I don’t want Trae to not be aggressive. Trae has and can obviously beat double teams, I just don’t want him using all of his energy early if they are doubling and trapping him on each possession (which I can see Thibs doing). Bogi or Hunter could possibly have big first quarters depending on how this all plays out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm expecting to see more of FrenchFranq tomorrow.  Thibs is not an imaginative coach so I expect a knee-jerk reaction to his massive mistake of playing him cold in game 1.

He has fared well against Trae in the past, which is what Thibs was trying to tap into.  I also expect to see more foul shots early from Trae as a result.  He's not the same player Ntilikina remembers and McMillan's tutoring is paying dividends.  Frenchie will leave with foul trouble early.

I expect Randle to come out aggressive but I hope we don't overreact to it.  As long as no one else gets off (TWSS), we'll still be fine.  As I said before, I'm fine with Randle gettin' 40 so long as their lesser offensive threats don't get comfortable via us doubling Randle and leaving them open.

I expect, after the game, a lotta Knick bandwagoners'll be asking, "Bwah, why didn't Burks score 27 on 13 shots again?"

ETA: One curiosity I'll be watching is Randle's shooting.  His percentages are all basically career highs.  Although he's enjoyed those lofty numbers for a full season, whether or not that's "who he is" is still in question.

Was game 1 an erosion back to his norm?  The "way" he played was definitely closer to his form from prior to this year.  Under pressure, people typically revert to what they know.  We'll see.

The combination of Bogi and how our offense has changed won't have the same effect with Frank guarding Trae.  We just have too many options where we don't have to solely rely on Trae.  Trae's vision and passing makes it doubly difficult since he is such a willing passer.

Randle had a surprising and unexpected season scoring.  Now teams can game plan, let's see what he has.  He's never had a team's defense focus on him as THE GUY.  I expect he will not have similar shooting struggles, but like I said when he played the Hawks the first time, they played off him giving him 4 feet of open space to prevent the drive, every shot last game had a hand in his face,  If he hits those you live with them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gotta be ready.

I was surprised by this - they had more than us.

Greg Anthony pointed it out. We were so concerned that the refs would not blow the whistle for us that we avoided contact and played a little too finesse. We had the right mindset, but it may have taken some aggression away from us.

Next game, we have to continue to play without the help of the whistle, but still stay in attack mode and not let the Knicks off the hook.

• Like 3

DESPERATION TIME!  NY MUST WIN TONIGHT !!

NY sports writer now says that the Atlanta Hawks play dirty.

NY mayor says Trae just hunts fouls - He can't fly, being a Hawk, in NY.

REALGM posters under the NY column, hope that NY takes Trae out.  Send an end of bench player in as the assassin.  That would be their way of stopping him.

NY fans already tried to intimidate Trae before game one.  They began by yelling f--- you at him when he left the hotel and continued while he played in Madison Square Garden.  Guess that didn't work as Trae said that, after he made that last shot, it became very quiet.

Then, the NY press tried to painting Trae as arrogant in his post game interview.  They were saying that he acted like the Hawks had already won the series and NY would, instead, bury the Hawks.

Haven't heard a lot from the NY team and coaches.  All the fans and leaders are a different matter.  They are already showing their desperation.  Like Atlanta, it's been a long time since they were in the playoffs.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:sun:

21 hours ago, kg01 said:

It really was pretty complimentary.

But, again, I lost a little respect for myself for partaking in BSPN.

Why do y'all keep doing this to me? 😔

I told you he was no good. I smell em comin. Drew smelled bad and so did Lloyd. He was a fake, a phony. 

They should listen to his advice. Either way it kinda stinks lol.

• Like 1