• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Superstar players win road games.

Role players play great at home.

Problem is . . MSG is coming to State Farm arena.  But at least it will be our arena with our in game experience.

Well, Atlanta is kinda like Dollar Tree NY at this point. It isn't surprising.😄

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Gallo needs to get it together. We just missed wide open threes. Thats the difference in this game.  

Cut that damn mohawk off for starters.....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Superstar players win road games.

Role players play great at home.

Problem is . . MSG is coming to State Farm arena.  But at least it will be our arena with our in game experience.

This is not true. Name one playoff series recently where the Hawks fans were outnumbered by the other fans.  I hate this narrative. You may be able to hear the Knick fans, but there will be way more Hawks fans there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Did u see all the open shots they were missing earlier in the game , these teams are not killers , it's just evening out

Considering they made the same amount of 3's as we did and we took like 11 or more shots than them from the 3 and ours was WIDE OPEN most of the time.  I would say we sucked much more than they did shooting and thats not evening out 27% from 3 with our roster is unacceptable with how open they were.

• Like 2

When Trae hit Capela with the lob and it tied it up I thought we would startinching away with it. Quite the opposite happened. Coach and players must be much better next game.  Can't be just one on five.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

We got killed on the boards too.  The Knicks second chance points is what we need to stop.  Our inital defense is great.

Collins being out had a lot to do with that.  Dre and Gallo aren't going to rebound at a high rate.

And the Knicks are sending 3 guys to the defensive boards, to limit Capela's offensive rebounding.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Cwell said:

Capela - 4 points

Collins - 0 points

what the entire flip? Smh

Yeah... Collins sucked tonight.   Our pick and roll disappeared and we became the team that shoots too many threes. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins being out had a lot to do with that.  Dre and Gallo aren't going to rebound at a high rate.

And the Knicks are sending 3 guys to the defensive boards, to limit Capela's offensive rebounding.

The Knicks had 13 offensive rebounds to the Hawks 6.  I believe it has to do with the quasi zone we are playing.

I have to say the reffing was terrible this game and I hope the Hawks get the home cooking at State Farm.

• Like 3

Maybe THIS is why the Hawks GM hasn't removed the interim tag from Nate.  Like someone pointed out in another thread, he was in Golden State when Mark Jackson was let go for Kerr.  He keeps his options open because the goal is championships.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is not true. Name one playoff series recently where the Hawks fans were outnumbered by the other fans.  I hate this narrative. You may be able to hear the Knick fans, but there will be way more Hawks fans there.

You forget about all of the NYC transplants in ATL.  They're going to pay the $400+ lower level ticket price.  After tonight, no seat in that arena will be under $100.  Avg price will be $250 - $300.

This won't be a regular playoff series.  The loudest an opposing team's crowd was in our own building, were the Boston fans in Game 3 back in 2008.   But they were far outnumbered by our fans.