• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, terrell said:

We also need a PF, who can defend the perimeter and create some offense for himself..(Collins is showing us he just isnt that dude)

We could also use a vet backup Center(we stink when Capela sits)..

Scoring PFs aren't that valuable unless its AD who is a freak hybrid. Too easy to scheme their asses in the modern NBA. 

We need to move Hunter to PF or get a playmaking PF that's defensive freaky like Draymond. Teams are abandoning traditional PFs for hybrid SFs like Tatum for a reason. I am not a fan of JJJ but I would trade Kevin and JC for JJJ. He would be the ideal fit at the 4 for us but he's already that for Memphis. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Scoring PFs aren't that valuable unless its AD who is a freak hybrid. Too easy to scheme their asses in the modern NBA. 

We need to move Hunter to PF or get a playmaking PF that's defensive freaky like Draymond. Teams are abandoning traditional PFs for hybrid SFs like Tatum for a reason. I am not a fan of JJJ but I would trade Kevin and JC for JJJ. He would be the ideal fit at the 4 for us but he's already that for Memphis. 

Yeah a playmaking PF would be nice...But JJJ fouls even more than Collins, and isnt much of a playmaker....Horrible rebounder too..

Edited by terrell
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

JJJ fouls even more than Collins, and isnt much of a playmaker....Horrible rebounder too..

It's the defense and he's modern. He's simply a 3&D 4.

Edited by NBASupes

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I personally wished Dunn was in the rotation over Lou. Lou has more playmaking but his scoring fuels his playmaking. 

I might’ve missed it but I didn’t see anything out of Dunn the few games he played. I think he missed to much time.  Lou was exactly what we needed. That being said he looked like and it’s hard for to say this, like straight garbage tonight. We needed Lou but I and anyone watching could tell he didn’t have it tonight so yeah I would’ve tried Dunn but I could understand Nates hesitation.

Seeing the second unit struggle and leaving them out there when Goodwin and Hill have been warriors for you all season doesn’t make sense to me. So it’s the playoffs and everyone shortens their bench is a bunch of non thinking BS to me.

Edited by timebomb

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I personally wished Dunn was in the rotation over Lou. Lou has more playmaking but his scoring fuels his playmaking. 

Is Dunn actually ready to play though? I'd prefer Dunn as the backup PG on paper, but he didn't look good when he returned and it'd be hard for me to expect him to have been ready by now after missing so much time.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The commentating team was trying to make Trae .... "The Villain"

How??

That would mean that NYK are the good guys to them... Am I Wrong?

I’m cool with Trea and the Hawks being the villain. Doesn’t really make sense but let’s go. Trae embraces it so I’m down. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I personally wished Dunn was in the rotation over Lou. Lou has more playmaking but his scoring fuels his playmaking

Dunn is not seeing the court again until next season but while I think his defense can help he did nothing when he came back to show me he can contribute. 

This is the physicality I was talking about.  The Hawks have to put their big boy pants on and fight back. Don't sit around waiting for the refs to bail you out. The Knicks can only win if they punk the Hawks.  If the Hawks match their physicality defensively and on the boards we win this series.  

2 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

This is the physicality I was talking about.  The Hawks have to put their big boy pants on and fight back. Don't sit around waiting for the refs to bail you out. The Knicks can only win if they punk the Hawks.  If the Hawks match their physicality defensively and on the boards we win this series.  

Breh, did you watch the game. Any time we f***ing reached, we got called for it. JC wanted to matched their physicality but the refs wasn't having it. Capela knew from his time with Houston that refs play favorites, you can't match their physical nature because they are looking to get you out to favor the other team. Basically, the Knicks had Nick Patrick from the nWo as the ref. 

• Haha 3

The refs had damn neck braces on! Lol. Nick Patrick .. called the foul to early. Na na na. As a Hawks fan I can’t blame Neil Patrick refs. We know we have a superior squad and to overcome that shit. We have to be undeniable. It’s clear we have a better team. We can’t let these guys steal games. But we let this one slip through pour play from some of our guys and poor coaching. The refs were as bout as fair as we’ll see the rest of the series. Wait till the second round and see us give the sixers a scare then you’ll see some Nick Patrick shit.

Edited by timebomb
  • Like 1

Clint Capela, Danillo Gallinari, Lou Williams.

These guys were brought here in part because of their playoff experience. We need more from them on the court.

Bogi and Dre need to attack the rim more and stop settling for jumpshots. Knicks gambled that our shooters would get tight and miss shots and they won that gamble. But we dont HAVE to shoot the shot. Step in, get something going towards the basket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not mad at the loss. Statistically would be nice for JC to show up but I felt he disappeared within the offense lol. I dunno. Nobody said it was gonna be easy. There will be ups and down but we did our job at got one ☝🏽 on the road and that’s mainly what matters most. Everything else was gravy. Having said that we gotta go 2-0 at home to keep the edge control and home court on our side.

GO HAWKS! 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I like how all the dirty physical plays from the Knicks got zero calls from the refs except the obvious flagrant against Hunter. Noel intentionally tries to injure Trae with tripping him and no call. Randle was throwing elbows and connect with Bogi and other guys heads multiple times on picks. No call. I don't know how many times our guys were fouled in the act of shooting and no calls. 

We blew this game by missing a ton of WIDE OPEN shots but those refs were terrible.

Did anyone else see that Trae got spit on by a Knicks fan too? Disgusting.

i did not and that's assault that fan should be charged and arrested

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

I like how all the dirty physical plays from the Knicks got zero calls from the refs except the obvious flagrant against Hunter. Noel intentionally tries to injure Trae with tripping him and no call. Randle was throwing elbows and connect with Bogi and other guys heads multiple times on picks. No call. I don't know how many times our guys were fouled in the act of shooting and no calls. 

We blew this game by missing a ton of WIDE OPEN shots but those refs were terrible.

Did anyone else see that Trae got spit on by a Knicks fan too? Disgusting.

i did not and that's assault that fan should be charged and arrested

now i've seen it 

• Thanks 1