• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The foul where Quickley literally banged his head backwards into Heurter was so cringe.  Especially when you consider the incessant whining from everyone associated with the Knicks.

It was a dime store imitation of what Trae has perfected.  When Trae does it, the defender initiates the contact.  Quickley just reverse-headbutts Heurter which is actually pretty dirty, looked awkward, and should've been an offensive foul.

So much BS this game but I agree that one was awful. Hunter clearly getting hacked on his three, the 24 second no call also among the most egregious. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Believe it or not, there are still Knicks fans on realgm complaining about the officiating tonight. One guy literally said the Hawks "manipulated" the officials into calling the game in their favor. Incorrigible. How can I even respond to that without feeling like a total idiot for engaging??? 🤣

Don't... that's like playing a stupid game to win stupid prizes. Lol

He kept repeating how the refs were screwing the Knicks, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Unreal. I thought the NBA was supposed to be reviewing these games for stuff like this? That's the second instance where a Knicks player should have been ejected/suspended. That was a direct shot to the face out of frustration. Why are the Hawks the only ones talking about this? Is the NBA really this biased???

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

One stray comment:  Supes (I think) said at one point in the thread that part of the foul disparity is NY being more aggressive.  There is a bit of chicken and egg.  When you can be aggressive and physical on D and not get called for fouls and aggressive on offense and get cheap fouls...you are going to be aggressive.  When you can’t buy a call, you are going to go out of your way to get a clean attempt and avoid getting (uncalled) fouls.

Great game by the team.  Depth really coming through with balanced offensive contributions.  

And you guys brought it in this thread!  Had to ready through all 29 pages.  So much glorious stuff!

I don't know if Supes said it, but I definitely said it.

The problem was that when they were going to the basket, or when we were trying to close out on them, we were fouling them on the shot.

That's not to say that they didn't miss calls going our way, because they definitely did.  But we did way too much fouling on their shots or fouling when they were in the bonus.

Fouls ended up being Atlanta - 23 . . . New York - 21

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Apparently. I've been whining about Noel tripping Trae in Game 2 and this incident happened in Game 1 for Pete's sake. The Hawks are going to have to shoot their way out of this series. If the game is close, they're toast. I'm also concerned about the potential for more blatant cheap shots when they get back to New York with a 3-1 lead. Trae is a target and Nate and the bigs have to be aware of that. 

Cav's series vs our 60 win team, Bull's series vs Larry Drew Hawks... So many blatant WWE style officiated games I've witnessed as a Hawks fan. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Cav's series vs our 60 win team, Bull's series vs Larry Drew Hawks... So many blatant WWE style officiated games I've witnessed as a Hawks fan. 

Don't forget the first Orlando Series versus Joe and Co. 

• Like 3