• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The future of....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Nathan... Don't call me Suge... Knight. 

At 6'10 253.. I was hoping that Knight could provide a little spark off the bench.. but we didn't use him against Embiid.  He played Trash minutes against NY.   At William&Mary this guy was an elite scorer.   Even during the season, this guy showed that he can play on this level.   I think he had one game where he went 16/10.... with a few offensive boards. 

My question is... is it a case that he's out of shape?  Does Nate not like Nathan?

I see the rotation of our C future with  OO stepping up once Clint reaches the end of his contract.   Where does Nathan fall?  Will he be ahead or behind Bruno?

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Don't think that OO is our future starting center. NN isn't good enough yet to be in the regular rotation.

Are you serious??  This requires an explanation. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Are you serious??  This requires an explanation. 

Too Small to be a starting center in this league and if he develops his offensive skills, we would be an all star power forward!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Too Small to be a starting center in this league and if he develops his offensive skills, we would be an all star power forward!

I disagree.   I think over the next few years, OO can put on some muscle.   Sizewise, with more muscle, I see him in the mold of Bam and Dwight.  He's a 6'9 ish guy but 235... if he can get it to 245, he'd be perfect.  Eyeball test,  he's already bigger than Clint. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

I disagree.   I think over the next few years, OO can put on some muscle.   Sizewise, with more muscle, I see him in the mold of Bam and Dwight.  He's a 6'9 ish guy but 235... if he can get it to 245, he'd be perfect.  Eyeball test,  he's already bigger than Clint. 

He is actually listed at 6'8" which means that he is shorter than that.  Clint is listed at 6'10" and has trouble finishing in the lane when big boys are around.  So does Okongwu.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can see him as a PF. His FT% would indicate he can expand his range, he's an incredible athlete, and an excellent defender. I think he makes John expendable in the future if he's still with us.

• Like 1

Diesel:  Nathan Knight is hiding in plain sight.  I really hope we keep him.  With all that has gone on this season, the Hawks have really missed their G League team.  Right now, the #3 canter is a battle between Nathan and Bruno.  

:smug:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Ok so it's just a matter of height in your opinion. I can agree that he isn't tall enough to be a traditional Center, but he definitely can play the position.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Diesel:  Nathan Knight is hiding in plain sight.  I really hope we keep him.  With all that has gone on this season, the Hawks have really missed their G League team.  Right now, the #3 canter is a battle between Nathan and Bruno.  

:smug:

Thinking Nathan is more regarded as a PF first, whereas Bruno is more regarded as a C first. But yeah, it seems highly likely that only one of those two will be on the roster next season. Bruno has the advantage that he already has a guaranteed contract, but then again, he has the disadvantage that we've seen McM give him the "red-headed step-child" treatment, so the latter probably outweighs the former. I (sadly) look for Bruno to be dealt this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

The view from outside the Hawksphere...

(Click to view entire thread)

Footnote; Not sure where this 6-8 thing is coming from--it's always just been routine that they measure everyone in their shoes, so whatever.

I have had similar thoughts as the last tweet of this thread: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He just played some great playoff minutes against Dwight and Embiid as a rookie. He’s going to get stronger and smarter. I would not count him out.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The league is not filled with many superbigs like it was when Pat, Shaq, and David played.   I mean Embiid, Joker, KAT... That's it and at 6'8" 235 we just saw him man up Embiid and not blink.   Again.... The eye test tells me that he's already bigger than Clint. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Gobert was ran off the court as a pure center and the DPOY.

Capela is as good an enforcer as anybody and Embiid had his way with him anyways. I like OO's chances as a center.