• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 1

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, HawkingAwesome said:

I aint going to worry who is better between nique and trae, what i know is the all time hawks team just got A LOT better.

Yes sir I got Trae and Nique (for my generation, I love Bobby P.) :indifferent:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, "doing that (the shimmy) in a pickup game is practically a reason to go" (aka fight).

Haha

Eta: "You never fight crazy ... crazy has nothing to lose."

He's killing it.

All of this. That's what we're all seeing with these boys, they have nothing to lose.

• Like 4

I gotta ask this...the shimmy...

Why is everyone calling it a shimmy? To me it's a shrug. Like Trae paused for five minutes waiting for a defender to pick him up, then eventually he just shrugs like, "alright then, I guess no one's coming, so I'll just go ahead and take my shot."

Shimmy is like Antoine Walker after hitting a 3. 

Yea? Nay? Am I crazy? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

I gotta ask this...the shimmy...

Why is everyone calling it a shimmy? To me it's a shrug. Like Trae paused for five minutes waiting for a defender to pick him up, then eventually he just shrugs like, "alright then, I guess no one's coming, so I'll just go ahead and take my shot."

Shimmy is like Antoine Walker after hitting a 3. 

Yea? Nay? Am I crazy? 

Antoine Walker gave Trae an A+ for his shimmy, so...question answered?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. You are free to think what you want but Zeke won rings. Trae will win rings. Sorry, but they are just too valuable and Trae is like a suped up Zeke.

I'm sorry... which part do you disagree with?

1.  Nique played when players could hand-check?  -   That's a fact sir.

2.  Nique played in a more physical League?  - That's a fact sir

3.  Nique had to go pasted the Celtics, Pistons, and Bulls to get to an ECF?  That's a fact sir. 

Think about this... Jordan's Bulls won 6 championships in two 3 yr spans in a row.  In one of those years, they went 72-10.   Their team played a style of smothering defense that we have yet to see since.   And that's what Nique played against.   The Celtics had 3 hall of famers.   The Bad Boys had 3 hall of famers.   The Bulls had 3 hall of famers and the GOAT.  I didn't mention the 76ers.. but the 76ers had several hall of famers and only won 1 championship. 

How many hall of famers did Nique have playing beside him?

But You disagree??  Your disagreement is a poor statement.  It's the statement of somebody caught up in the moment who knows nothing about basketball history. 

Finally... Trade Nique and Trae.   Send Trae back to Nique's era and bring Nique to this era with the weapons that Trae has playing the competition that Trae's playing against.   I don't know if Nique would win an ECF game (based on chemistry) but I do know that Trae may not win one playoff game counting on Cliff Livingston and John Battle.   In fact, Trae is probably in the hospital.  Do you hear these legends talking about touching up Trae.   They would have touched him up and the refs wouldn't have done nothing. 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, "doing that (the shimmy) in a pickup game is practically a reason to go" (aka fight).

I did that to my friend on the playground 10 years ago, if fact we have it on tape. Lol. He won’t send it to me that f&cker but I clowned as the ball was in the air I shimmied, we used to tape our 1 on 1’s.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hylndr11 said:

Well This thread turned to shit, guys we got a long way to go, c'mon 

This isn't a series thread,  This is a Game 1 thread.

We all know that we have a long way to go.  But it is important to enjoy this historical moment in your franchise as much as possible.

I have personally LOVED the last 36 hours, and seeing the change in perception of the Hawks as a team.

And it's not only happening with the national media, it's happening online and it's happening with real, everyday people that you may meet face to face.

In my city in Tennessee, I'm literally one of maybe THREE people with any Atlanta Hawks gear. Now granted, I haven't seen every person in my city of 200,000, But I see someone with Hawk gear on about as much as I see highlights of a perfect game in baseball.  That's how rare it is.

But for the last 2 weeks, anytime I wear my Trae Young jersey on the weekends, I'm getting random people coming up to me either giving Trae Young props, or the Hawks in general,  It's a good feeling.  It's a VERY good feeling.

Enjoy these moments.  Worrying about what the team still needs to do will take away from your joy.  So enjoy any future wins in the series, and the next, to the fullest.  We're not promised at all to be back in this position as a franchise.  

http://i.123g.us/c/emar_rollercoaster_day/card/330228.gif

Joy Ride GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 4