• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Just now, Lurker said:

I would love to be optimistic but I just...can't.

All of y'all that were saying that this was a good matchup were wrong from the start. Remember, they've given Philly problems before and Doc Rivers has led playoff chokers. That's MUCH less the case here...

Doesn't diminish the run that's been made but it's likely over here. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a gentlemen's/douchebag sweep.

Really? You think we'll play this bad and the bucks this good the rest of the way? Nah. We may end up losing but this game is an aberration, the Hawks came out for the first time with 0 energy. Trae looked gassed right off the bat.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Their off ball defenders were swiping at the ball and also getting back into position. We don't have the strength on the wing or explosiveness to make them pay for doing that. Guys gotta be moving to create seperation and Trae gotta slow down.

• Like 3

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Almost? He definitely is. I think Dre is a little more cut, but Cam looks like Adonis out there. His physique is elite.

Cam also looks towering over people. I mean he is a TALL 6'8. But likely taller next time measure him.

He is a freak.

He's a good 6'9.5 with shoes. He looks it too. Super smooth

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

I didn’t look at his boxscore how bad was it?

He had a typical bad Lou game. Nothing extraordinarilly bad, he isn't at fault for what happened tonight, that would be Trae Young #1 and the starters in general outside of Collins and curiously enough Bogi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I disagree. Seeing us get completely utterly dominated is not a good sign. I'd prefer to lose in a competitive game. 

I would agree if we didn't already beat them in their house. We showed we could win and we did not play our best either. We have not hit our potential yet but the series is still tied.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would love to be optimistic but I just...can't.

All of y'all that were saying that this was a good matchup were wrong from the start. Remember, they've given Philly problems before and Doc Rivers has led playoff chokers. That's MUCH less the case here...

Doesn't diminish the run that's been made but it's likely over here. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a gentlemen's/douchebag sweep.

I got a bad feeling too, but I will reserve judgement until I see us at home. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Almost? He definitely is. I think Dre is a little more cut, but Cam looks like Adonis out there. His physique is elite.

Cam also looks towering over people. I mean he is a TALL 6'8. But likely taller next time measure him.

He is a freak.

I was trying to measure my words because I didn't want to be hyperbolic about it.  But yes, he looks BIG for a 2-3. If he can get the "snap" back in his movements, he's going to be a monster.

Lou had no impact. Was getting cooked on both ends. He had a nice jumper on Thannis in the late 3rd. Otherwise, it was an open 3 and that's it. That said, none of our key ball handlers did well tonight. Bogi probably did the best of the 4. Lou had no impact and Trae and Kev looked like shit

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Really? You think we'll play this bad and the bucks this good the rest of the way? Nah. We may end up losing but this game is an aberration, the Hawks came out for the first time with 0 energy. Trae looked gassed right off the bat.

I know the games have not come with Nate until recently but for the most part we've gotten thoroughly dominated by Bud's Bucks in recent years, and there's one game where I remember where I was so ticked off since their starters were resting and the Hawks still looked bad (even with the comeback). It's a completely different story than the Philly deal.

I didn't feel good after that game 3 but I knew in that case that it could be an upset special from the start.

4 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Their off ball defenders were swiping at the ball and also getting back into position. We don't have the strength on the wing or explosiveness to make them pay for doing that. Guys gotta be moving to create seperation and Trae gotta slow down.

Yep. We gotta consider Cam and Dunn into the rotation

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

How did we do in the FT department tonight?

80% do think. This series it may not be the factor it was in the other two. As others have said the whistles have been swallowed to some extent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I was trying to measure my words because I didn't want to be hyperbolic about it.  But yes, he looks BIG for a 2-3. If he can get the "snap" back in his movements, he's going to be a monster.

He has great size and athleticism. That's why he was a highly sought after recruit. But he has to be more under control and consistent to become a good NBA player. He looked better than I thought he would tonight though, aside from that ugly air ball. 

• Like 3